Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Wow - Leicester

Wow - Leicester

They did it; what an absolutely brilliant story.
    soupdragon likes this.

Unconfirmed rumours coming out of the Chelsea dressing room that John Terry is currently getting changed into a Leicester kit.

That is awesome.

I will say, it has gotten ton of coverage over here in North America
    EPL has gotten much more popular here in last few years but Leicester was covered as much as any other sports story over here

K2
    St Totteringhams Day still on the cards 555 .... very hard to cheers Chelski, but well played and congratulations to Leicester!
    Its My Life .....!

Spurs must be gutted, playes and fans. The obvious teams were all fairly shite this season so it was their best chance to win it.

Very happy for Leicester. Spurs should have finished with half a side last night they were so dirty. Glad they lost.
    Geespot and K2 like this.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Yes
    Fantastic fairytale...I like the tinker man won it at the bridge.

They really deserved.

That's probably the best thing that's happened in the premiership it surely has shook all the big guns in the league.
    Thoroughly deserved to, plenty of pace,skill and endeavour.
    Nigel Pearson deserves a mention done a lot of the earlier work.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal View Post
    Nigel Pearson deserves a mention done a lot of the earlier work.
    He did, and I think there's been plenty of recognition for him as well to be fair. He was an oddment though wasn't he? Just no charm and never knew when to keep his mouth shut. Ranieri couldn't be more polar opposite, he's been great fun and very clever at keeping the pressure off the team until the last couple of weeks.
    Waharoa and kris-one like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    Very happy for Leicester. Spurs should have finished with half a side last night they were so dirty. Glad they lost.
    They didnt lose. It was a 2 all draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeguevara View Post
    Technically correct they drew, but in the bigger scheme of things they lost, any hope of stealing the title with that draw, so i am with Dawesy on that one.

Anyone interested in EPL and watching in Australia, type into Google, EPL Optus, the shyte is about to hit the fan

Quote Originally Posted by arliss michaels View Post
    Technically correct they drew, but in the bigger scheme of things they lost, any hope of stealing the title with that draw, so i am with Dawesy on that one.

Anyone interested in EPL and watching in Australia, type into Google, EPL Optus, the shyte is about to hit the fan
    The US actually has more "free" EPL games on than in UK now

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    The US actually has more "free" EPL games on than in UK now
    Mostly because of the historical blanket ban of all live 3pm Saturday games here...

As a spurs fan they lost it when they lost to leicester, or to newcastle, or to west ham. That chelsea match was never going to devide anything. Also, i suppose you could say that about every team. But in this case spurs didnt lose the premiership...leicester won it fair and square. Just need to make sure of second now!

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    Mostly because of the historical blanket ban of all live 3pm Saturday games here...
    Why do they ban them?

Why do they ban them?
    The thinking is that if the 3pm games are on TV then people won't go to the games so it's viewed as counter-productive by the clubs.

Why do they ban them?
    As Steve says, but to add to it. It was more aimed at protecting gates at lower league clubs as they play at 3.00pm on a Saturday... so there are no live games on at 3.00pm on a Saturday... debatable whether it really would affect attendance though...

3.00pm football blackout

In the 1960s, controversial Burnley F.C. Chairman Bob Lord successfully convinced fellow Football League Chairmen that televised matches on a Saturday afternoon would have a negative effect on the attendances of other football league games that were not being televised and as a result reduce their financial income.

As a result, the FA, Premier League and Football League do not permit English matches to be televised live between 2:45pm and 5:15pm on a Saturday within the United Kingdom. Until recently, the FA Cup Final was an exception and had been broadcast at 3pm on a Saturday in May; however, in 2012, the FA Cup Final was moved to 5pm.

Foreign matches shown in the United Kingdom are also affected by the blackout; Sky Sports do not broadcast the first 15 minutes of Spanish La Liga matches which kick off at 5pm UK time.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    The thinking is that if the 3pm games are on TV then people won't go to the games so it's viewed as counter-productive by the clubs.
    The TV money is so huge for sports here that it trumps the revenue from the stadiums

I guess that is what commercials do for ya 555

Quote Originally Posted by Joeguevara View Post
    Technically correct they drew, but in the bigger scheme of things they lost, any hope of stealing the title with that draw, so i am with Dawsey on that one.
    Sorry, That's what I meant. Not winning the Chelsea game meaning they lost all chance of winning the title.
    If Spurs chairman Levy doesn't sell the clubs best players, they will be in with a good shout next season IMO. Knowing the way Levy works, that is a big if though.
    Joeguevara likes this.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast