Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: And the new England football manager is.......

And the new England football manager is.......

Sam Allardyce.

God help the fans who wish to see attractive football played.

I couldn't care less if we had picked a foreign manager (Bilic at West Ham comes to mind) as long as he can bring success whilst playing football the fans enjoy watching.

Not sure Sam can do either unfortunately. We'll see.
    Sam Allardyce: Sunderland boss will be named as new England manager - BBC Sport
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Just a coach who can inspire a backbone in knockout matches will suffice... 55

At least we won't get relegated ...
    Waharoa and Robaht like this.
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

A fairly uninspiring appointment, a guy who has won has won nowt and is most famous for last day relegation escape acts. Given that the fa seem to have a fairly healthy salary you have to wonder how they couldn't attract a more high profile figure.

I like the pick - you can have Klinsman lol, USA would do quite well with Allardyce I think!

Well Klinsman has won a lot as a player, big Sam wins relegation dogfights.

Quote Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
    Well Klinsman has won a lot as a player, big Sam wins relegation dogfights.
    I don't know... he made a couple of mediocre teams punch well above their weight... Bolton and West Ham became top half of the premiership table sides under him... I often wonder what guys like Allardyce, Bruce etc could do with Man Utd or Chelsea and the budget that comes with it...
    jackal likes this.

Time will tell ultimately but I find him a pretty uninspiring choice, it seemed clear from the Euro's that a lot of the England squad don't seem to put anything like the effort into playing for the national team that they do for their clubs. Admittedly Hodgson picked some peculiar squads but I think players will find it hard to respect Sam, I also think he's going to have a lot of media problems that come with the job.

Time will tell ultimately but I find him a pretty uninspiring choice, it seemed clear from the Euro's that a lot of the England squad don't seem to put anything like the effort into playing for the national team that they do for their clubs. Admittedly Hodgson picked some peculiar squads but I think players will find it hard to respect Sam, I also think he's going to have a lot of media problems that come with the job.
    Don't think it was lack of effort.... they were paralysed with fear.... and it seems to have got worse in big tournaments come knockout time....at least since 1996...

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    Don't think it was lack of effort.... they were paralysed with fear.... and it seems to have got worse in big tournaments come knockout time....at least since 1996...
    You forgot a couple of points.
    A. The whole squad have delusions they are great players because of the stupid money they pick up for 2x90min games a week.
    B The reality is England don't have a single World class player in the whole squad and the so called stars were shite. Mediocre at best is how I'd describe them.
    jackal likes this.

Big Sam is good at getting the best out of shite..

So should be ideal
    jackal likes this.
    Pattaya Pattaya - Phuuying love u mak mak

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    You forgot a couple of points.
    A. The whole squad have delusions they are great players because of the stupid money they pick up for 2x90min games a week.
    B The reality is England don't have a single World class player in the whole squad and the so called stars were shite. Mediocre at best is how I'd describe them.
    Surely other teams are full of over-paid players too? But somehow they don't suffer the same nerves as England... England beat Wales and were much better than them despite taking so long to win the game... but Wales almost made the final... which makes me think it's a mental problem... maybe they just need a coach who makes them feel inspired rather than anxious... not sure who that is though...

Fantastic tweet by Ian Macintosh,footbal writer

Treat Big Sam's appointment like a Friday night in a Wetherspoons. "Fuck it. We're here now and we've got a table. May as well get drunk."

"It's not like any of us were going to get laid anyway. Look at the state of us. And have you seen how cheap it is?"

Sometimes, just sometimes, those nights can be some of the best nights of your life. Not often, granted. Indeed, no examples spring to mind.

jackal, Waharoa and dawsey like this.
    Nobody is a social drinker. Everybody drinks to get drunk. I mean, nobody drinks 10 pints of coke in a night

Well that didn't last long.

The gift that keeps on giving

Just ridiculous really no less then he deserves......3 million a year + bonuses as a salary still not enough for him........just pure greed
    dontpanic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by davis121 View Post
    Just ridiculous really no less then he deserves......3 million a year + bonuses as a salary still not enough for him........just pure greed
    Totally agree, thought he was a bad choice anyway but what a fkn idiot.

Totally agree, thought he was a bad choice anyway but what a fkn idiot.
    Just asking the question, are the reporters that set up the sting infallible here? Rightly or wrongly, the created a false scenario at great lengths that basically destroyed the man's life. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night, it wasn't like some underage abuse was taking place, for example, and they had to "sell" it to him from what I read, wasn't like he was in full search mode to find them. Thoughts?
    Petter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Robaht View Post
    Just asking the question, are the reporters that set up the sting infallible here? Rightly or wrongly, the created a false scenario at great lengths that basically destroyed the man's life. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night, it wasn't like some underage abuse was taking place, for example, and they had to "sell" it to him from what I read, wasn't like he was in full search mode to find them. Thoughts?
    The reporters stung him 2 weeks after he got appointed England manager... though he was also caught up in a bung operation back in 2006 for corruption though can't remember if there was any hard evidence to charge him with anything.

Just asking the question, are the reporters that set up the sting infallible here?
    Yes. If they're Scottish. We need all we can to qualify from our World cup group.

Those reporters are lowlife scum. They set Sam up and he went for it. Pure greed was his downfall and he should have known better. Nobody will know whether he'd have made a good manager of England or not now. Ar least he went out with a 100% record, Played 1 Won 1.

Now give the job to a young manager that tries to play good football and isn't looking for a huge payday to top up his pension. Step up Eddie Howe of Bournemouth. Give him a 4 year contract, let him appoint his own assistants and do the job his way. Whatever happens, don't leave Southgate to run the sinking ship.
    Waharoa likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast