Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By dawsey
  • 1 Post By Homer
  • 2 Post By Changone

Thread: MotoGP WSB and BSB 2017

MotoGP WSB and BSB 2017

New season soon to be starting and testing now taking place in Sepang. Stoner testing for Ducati fastest on Day 1. He still has the speed but no longer the desire.
    Pity, as I'd love to see him tangle with MM, Vinales and Rossi.

Day 2 and Iannone topped the timesheet for his new team Suzuki with near lap record times. Some good showings by the likes of Vinales and Bautista. Rossi 4th and Lorenzo 8th.

Roll on Qatar in March. Hopefully a little more interest this season?
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

If it's a season like last years and a lot of different winners it'll be interesting,for sure.
    Really nothing between the bikes last year.Highlighted by the many 1st time winners and also by Pedrosa's win where he opted for a different front tyre to everyone else that turned out to be the way to go.
    Ianone can be a force if he can stay on the thing.
    Vinales,Rossi,MM and JL the most likely to be battling at the front for the majority of the year although Lorenzo hasn't been comfortable on the Ducati as yet but plenty of time to do so. MM showed last year that he's prepared to ride to the flag when his bike isn't quite right although he had the luxury of his main rivals binning it regularly.This year might not pan out the same though.

Roll on Qatar

Interesting to see Iannone moving from Ducati to Suzuki for 2017, claiming the fastest D2 lap, and Vinales moving from Suzuki to Yamaha posting the second fastest, and quicker than his team mate Rossi...

It's also great to see Zarco, fresh up from a stellar year in Moto2 posting top 5 times. Crashlow, Miller, and Lowes all needing to start finding some speed or I think the podiums are going to look a lot like last years... Yeah, It'd be great to see Stoner back in it, but I think he's truly done, just doesn't want to do it anymore. I will be pulling for the KTM team but it's going to be tough trying to make podiums against the more established programs. I'll be rooting for them anyway.
    "They got the metric system over there… they wouldn't know what the fcuk a quarter-pounder is…"

Final testing finished in Qatar ahead of the first race on Sun 26th March.
    Vinales looks the man to beat, toping the testing times at most sessions. Rossi has his work cut out just to beat his team mate, let lone the likes of MM, Lorenzo, and co.

I'll stick my neck out and say this season will be contested between Vinales and MM with the former just winning out. Alas, I don't see VR46 gaining another title now despite his drive and enthusiasm. His team mate is just too quick.

Vinales is red hot ATM. the usual suspects will be fighting it out at the front and possibly (as a roughie) with the addition of Cal Crutchlow. he had some creditable form last year and the Crashlow days may well be behind him.

Vinales, Rossi, and Crutchlow at Argentina! That's two in a row for Vinales with Rossi in second in the Standings. Marco is looking very good with Marquez building up a significant lead then crashing out with no help from anyone else... See yah!!!

Yamaha looking really strong, both Repsol Honda riders crashed out, but MM looking really fast if he can keep it on the track.
    "They got the metric system over there… they wouldn't know what the fcuk a quarter-pounder is…"

Vinales really adapted to the Yamaha well and MM will have his victories at the Honda tracks, but it looks like Vinales title to me.
    Lorenzo showing at Argentina that unless conditions are favourable, he is no good. Unless he has confidence, he won't push, unlike MM, VR and Crutchlow.
    Bad luck for Dovi getting taken out. That seems to be the story of his life!

Depends on if MM puts in a 2015 (couldn't stay on the bike) or a 2016 (didn't crash until after the title was sewn up) really bizarre that his form can fluctuate the way it does.

Vinales and the Yammie looking great.....so far. Crutchlow looks like he can play a major part this year and VR up to race pace as always.

Predictable win by MM in Austin Texas yesterday. The Hondas do seem to go very well there. Fortunate 2nd place for VR after Vinales had a strange fall on the opening lap.

So Vale is heading the leaderboard without winning a race yet. Unfortunately it won't stay that way but he;l at 38 he seems as hungry as ever. Just a shame his younger team mate is quicker.

Lorenzo as expected having difficulty with the Ducati. He should have stayed with Yamaha if he wanted titles. Nice to see Cal Crutchlow doing well. Not may Brits seem to be at the pointy end.
    I wonder what he could do on a factory bike?

Not looking good for Nicky Hayden after his collision with a car whilst cycling in Rimini after last weekend's WSB race.

Nicky Hayden: Ex-MotoGP champion 'extremely critical' after cycling accident - BBC Sport

Not looking good at all for Nicky - sad time, I always liked the kid !

Nasty crash for Jack Miller, hope he's ok

^Lucky to escape that uninjured. He started today.

Great race between Vinales, Zarco and Rossi at Le Mans today. Rossi crashing out on the last lap trying to hold off Vinales drops him 23 pts behind leader Vinales.
    Changone likes this.

^^I was almost in shock when Rossi went down. He had been setting lap records, passed Vinales who then made an error and went wide. Incredibly, Vinales caught him again, passed him and he lost it in the wild chase that ensued. Simply not staying upright may cost him the championship, but Marquez would sympathise there....

^ That was classic riding from Rossi. Held back to save his tyres then made his move. Shame about that crash and you could see he was gutted. I agree, that could have cost him dearly in his hopes to win another title.

Just announced..... Nicky Hayden didn't make it.

Nicky Hayden: Ex-MotoGP champion dies after collision - BBC Sport

Sad day for Motogp and WSB fans around the world. Really popular guy and nobody had a bad word to say about him.

RIP.

Very sad indeed.
    Rip Nicky Hayden
    obes likes this.

That is a sad loss for everyone around the sport RIP
    obes and soupdragon like this.

RIP Nicky.