Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Rugby 2018

Still you go all the way to the States to put on a show like that?

What are these people thinking when they do this?

Like that is going to grow the game?

Americans will laugh at such a display.
    Waharoa likes this.

Two internationals down and two to play.

NZ v France was a rout in the 2nd half. One player retires and another just steps in as though they belong there. Still on top of everyone else, they are scary good.

Aus v Ireland. Deserved win for Aus to end Ireland run of 12 matches unbeaten. Both defences busy but Ireland guilty of mistakes in try scoring positions. Aus the opposite, they took their chances.
    Wasn't impressed with one or two changes Schmidt made and it showed Carbery is not an international class 10 yet. Losing Earls to a HIA early didn't help them.
    I still fancy Ireland are good enough to come back and win the series.

Can England beat SA?
    I don't think so, especially with Brown picked on the wing. Will be interesting to see how SA shape up with a full side, unlike the 2nd string Wales beat last week.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

I think England have a chance. SA have key players missing like Malcolm Marx and Eben Etzebeth... probably their two best players... and apart from the Beast at prop have a very green looking tight five.... though the emotion of a first black captain may be a factor..
    Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people.

Holy Lord

I'm not religious but thank you.

Well played England as well... great game

That was some game. SA should never come back from 24 - 3 down . De Klerk my MOM, he was everywhere.
    Poor discipline again from England with the penalty count and I don't think the bench was used very well.
    Congrats to SA. A highly entertaining game for the spectator.

Cheers Rog

Faith restored.

This is what we want in SA.... sport is a great way of unifying.

England failed again after taking a 12pt lead. Some of their play is very good, but again and again too many mistakes made and too many cheap penalties given away.
    SA fully deserved the win again today and I'm beginning to lose faith that England can pull this around before Japan 2019.

Much better showing from England, but what it proved I don't know.
    SA had won the series and rested a few big players.
    The conditions suited England and for once the pack had the upper hand.
    And what a difference not giving away stupid penalties this time!

Cipriani did hardly anything, then made a try with a bit of inspiration. Shame he didn't get a chance when it mattered.
    I suppose that might keep the press off Ediie Jones back for a while.
    Thin White Duke likes this.

Cipriani should have been playing on the High Veldt!

I think today was pretty meaningless, other than maybe saving Eddie's job... SA's heart wasn't in it and England were desperate to win.... and the weather is a great leveller...

England will be a different beast at home in November... if it is damp you'd make England favourites then...

SA look to have turned a corner though... found some more good locks... and some handy new backs... according to Mark Keohane SA will win the Rugby Championship with Australia second... and I like Rassie.. he sounds like a man with a plan. Proactive rather than reactive.
    dawsey and Thin White Duke like this.
    Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people.

Well, well, well ..... you buggers are still hanging around here yapping about rugby.......
    On my high horse

Start of the NH Autumn internationals today.

England got a rather fortunate win v SA 12 11, more due to SA mistakes especially in the first half.
    England really poor 1st half but still managed to score when down to 14 men. That's usually a few points against.
    Erasmus was still upbeat after losing and credit to him for turning SA into a dangerous side again with good chances in Japan next year.
    Could have won too as I'm convinced Farrell didn't use any arms in the final tackle. That was a clear penalty to me.

Much changed England side will have to up the performance hugely to get close to NZ next Saturday.

Didn't see much of the Wales v Scotland game but a Welsh win not unexpected by me.

Farrell got lucky. What a stupid thing to risk at that point in the game.. he could easily be cited...

Not sure what happened to SA second half...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234