Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Fantasy Premier League 2013/14

Quote Originally Posted by jackal View Post
    ^ I do believe this is a marathon not a sprint 555, i am thinking we have a ringer in the league too 555.
    Who is the ringer? Anyway, I continue to pad my lead and cement my first place position! 5 points up now!!! 5555

(555 just saying that it is fun to watch the matches, but kind of hard to know who will actually play. Like I want Carroll on my team but of course he's injured, still I shouldn't even be carrying him on the bench rather spending the money on a better player who is playing now. Well, guess it's a bit of a learning process! one day I'll use my wild card, but even then not sure how or when or why!)

Hey, again thumbs up for starting this thread! My transfer for Sturridge and naming him captain has allowed me to recapture the lead despite my other dogs, great fun watching matches now, since my Hammers look destined for another deregulation battle 555

Aye robaht your doing well, ditch those hammers and you will do even better, 555. good fun watching and trying to out do others, i am on your tail though, 555.

I lost 1st place through neglect, I will be back!
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they're genuine"

Winston Churchill 1944

took your eye off the ball podders 555, it can get a grip on you this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Podders View Post
    ah ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!

LOL this is fun, an American leading not only this league but another, and LOL i'm overall in 52,805th place, number 390 in Thailand! I'm so awesome!!! 55555 Catch me if you can!! 5555

(he says before the house of cards falls to pieces and just left in last place.....)

Good work dude, Saurez as Captain!!! that equals 6 goals!! Awesome!!

I have Sturridge as Captain, not quite as good, but scores every week. Need an Aguero hat trick tomorrow!
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they're genuine"

Winston Churchill 1944

Ah that's right!! It was those stupid Loose Cannons that had Saurez!!! Grrrrrrrrr!!!!! LOL 555555

Still, Sturridge missed a clear shot, hit the bar!, and then scored a stunning touch shot, so it was soooooooo close!

I have Sturridge as Captain, not quite as good, but scores every week. Need an Aguero hat trick tomorrow!

55555, those stupid loose cannons, good punt though eh putting suarez as my captain, told you marathon not sprint, 555.
    Robaht likes this.

Man those loose cannons are gaining ground!!! Grrr!!! Can't believe Sturridge didn't get any points other than participation, and watching Man City last night I can't believe they didn't score, looked like 12 on 10 most of the time, but Aguero just let me down...!
    jackal likes this.

I,m trying my best Robaht but just cant see a way of overtaking you 555, but will keep trying .

I like to switch out my goalkeepers each week for the one that has the best matchup and best chance for 6 points. But this week is really tough, with the exception of maybe West Ham vs Chelsea (home game for the Hammers) I just don't see a clear cut victory for anyone. All the top teams play the top teams, lower play lower. When it is sort of in question, almost like the weaker side is at home. Gonna be a real interesting weekend of football, can't wait!! (and here's to hoping it isn't a bunch of nil-nil matches!)

Those rotten LK Metro Stars! Hate 'em@!! 555

Soooo happy to have grabbed back my first place position!! 5555 a good week for Robaht's Irons!

Congratulations to LK Metro Stars, well done Dan, for winning the asia-info fantasy league, roll on next season it has been fun.

Great job for pointing that out and getting a league set up, I really, really enjoyed that!! Well, I didn't win it but just a few thoughts:

1. I had some great early success from picking a strong team, man, at one point I was something like 18,300 out of 3.2 million, very cool!!!
    2. I see there are different strategies now, like some dudes are going for high value teams, their points scores were not great but they kept trading, buying new players on the upswings, some dudes had 130 million plus, maybe more as i haven't looked lately, but mine never went very high.
    3. Totally missed a couple things, firstly, I didn't have a good website lead for injuries or trends and probably could have found one, but my picks mostly based on high scoring and (bad) instinct, I transferred a few players that ended up being injured. I also had very little clue about the bonus, like Southhampton in early games on defense.
    4. I played 2 leagues, this one which was only points, and another which was a league play style. I lost several matches or had a draw, but was top 3 scoring (need to check) but only came in 6th place. I lost several early matches by 1 or 2 points due to random match ups.
    5. Keep an eye on the guy you are playing! Well, I could have been better by just matching captains with my match up each week.
    6. Slow to know some teams play several games each week, so I didn't adjust, one week both my Captain and Vice were out due to injury or lack of games!
    7. So I learned a lot from it, and look forward to next year. The final thing was if you are behind in the final 5 weeks or so, it is really hard to claw back, everybody has the same captain and picks, hard to find the gem in the rough!

Congrats LK Metro Stars dude, look forward to next year, it made the matches so much more fun and really enjoyable to have a fantasy challenge! (and distressing when a few of your dudes are -1, I mean, come on!! lol)

Thanks again!

Oh, Did I win Didn't notice
    Pattaya Pattaya - Phuuying love u mak mak

Actually to be fair Robaht if this was your 1st season you did very well. I had a particularly bad season by my own standards coming 69,691 in the world. The last two seasons I have finished 1484, and 5945 in the world out of about 3.2 million players..
    Pattaya Pattaya - Phuuying love u mak mak

Well done Dan, couldn't have had a canadian winning it , was looking dodgy towards the end there!

Like Robaht, my first full year at it and another week or two I might have got into third. It was fun, hopefully more teams in next years league.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast