Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Fantasy Premier League 2013/14

Fantasy Premier League 2013/14

Anyone interested in joining an 'Asia Info Community' Fantasy League ahead of the start of the new Barclays Premier League?

Link: Fantasy Premier League - The official fantasy football game of the Barclays Premier League
    League: Asia Info Community
    Code for League: 1401882-316458
    Its a pint of bitter a gin and tonic and a baileys, I call them uhhh....ladyboys!! สจวร์ต

^ i got my work one with the same so will join this one too.

I just signed up...
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they're genuine"

Winston Churchill 1944

The all conquering Lk Metro Stars have decided to participate.
    Pattaya Pattaya - Phuuying love u mak mak

Mr. Smiley's "In Your Face"

Only 4 teams, is anyone else keen to join to make it more interesting?

Joining up now!

I joined! I'm not quite sure how it works yet, but playing fantasy in NFL makes the games more fun, so definitely cool. Also the strange fact that if there is only 1 tv, most places choose to show Man U and not West Ham, there is just no accounting for taste I guess.

Looks like we have 8 teams in the league - still time to sign up. I found it hard spending only 100 million LOL.

It's addictive... I've changed my team up three or four times in the last hour.... makes watching tonight's fixtures all the more interesting, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
    It's addictive... I've changed my team up three or four times in the last hour.... makes watching tonight's fixtures all the more interesting, imo.
    Is there a way to see who each team owner has on their team? I can see who I picked (not really sure I picked a good team though) and was curious who people put on their roster.

Finalized my team with only 40 mins to go...im in.

Quote Originally Posted by Robaht View Post
    Is there a way to see who each team owner has on their team? I can see who I picked (not really sure I picked a good team though) and was curious who people put on their roster.
    You can only view the other teams after the transfer deadline. Would have been nice if we had all put a few quid in, winner takes all !
    Pattaya Pattaya - Phuuying love u mak mak

Once the first game week is complete.. you'll have access to view the previous week's team (from other managers).... and their transfer history... you're allowed one free transfer/gameweek... or 2 free transfers if you bank the previous one (any more and you suffer a point deduction, unless you use your single wildcard to make wholesale changes if you screwed up your initial team draft)... team value rises and falls as players get traded... giving you extra funds to transfer in more expensive players.

Quote Originally Posted by dan boy View Post
    You can only view the other teams after the transfer deadline. Would have been nice if we had all put a few quid in, winner takes all !
    Yeah... one of my private leagues is doing that... 1k baht each... 20 players... 20k to the winner.... I took it down last year... thanks to Swansea (Michu, Dyer), Chelsea (Mata, Hazard), and Lambert from Southampton. Had those guys from the first fixture and they carried me to the title... they allowed me to add Bale and Van Persie.... once Bale got hot there was no looking back...

First time I think I ever cheered for Manu U lol, but got a pair of goals from Van Persie as Captain so a good start so far! More importantly the Hammers looked good

I have a question after looking at the other teams from other players. When I selected my team I had 2 forwards but some teams have 1 and others 3, etc. how do you change your config? Just drag'em and drop'em or is there some setting? Looking forward to transfers, I've got a couple of dogs on my team LOL "lack of match fitness" pretty much sums it up! Ha!

I have a question after looking at the other teams from other players. When I selected my team I had 2 forwards but some teams have 1 and others 3, etc. how do you change your config?
    The way I changed my formation was to substitute a midfielder for a forward, a midfielder for a defender etc, there might be other ways to do it

I have a question after looking at the other teams from other players. When I selected my team I had 2 forwards but some teams have 1 and others 3, etc. how do you change your config? Just drag'em and drop'em or is there some setting? Looking forward to transfers, I've got a couple of dogs on my team LOL "lack of match fitness" pretty much sums it up! Ha!
    You can play using any of these formations 5-4-1, 4-5-1, 3-5-2, 3-4-3, 4-3-3, 4-4-2

A min. 3 CBs have to play so if a starting CB doesn't play, the priority (next) CB will be subbed in... even if there is a CF or a MF ahead in the sub list.

2 ways to change formations and sub priority list: click and drag the player you want to put to the bench, move into the team or rearrange the sub list.

Or, click the yellow box under the player... it will highlight in orange... click the yellow box under a player in the sub list to make the player a starter. Repeat until you have your desired formation. Also works when rearranging the sub list.

Okay so now that I've proven my dominance in Week 1, and my team value has skyrocketed to 100.1 million, and I've made a transfer but still need to get rid of another bad player, well, are you starting to worry I'm just gonna run away with this?

LOL (blind luck week 1!!) but it sure makes the games more interesting. thanks for the heads up and posting about this fantasy league.

^ I do believe this is a marathon not a sprint 555, i am thinking we have a ringer in the league too 555.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast