Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Coffee

Coffee

Anyone used a moka pot for making coffee? I picked one up a few weeks ago and am hooked. For something that costs $10-20, it makes a killer brew. Even better if you do it the Cuban way by stirring the first few teaspoons of coffee into a bit of sugar to create the crema.

moka.jpg

Yeah been using the Bialetti for years. I've had a few of them. Love it

Bialetti USA | Moka

Is it called a moka pot? Same as a Mocha?

i prefer tea..
    ub2yoo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Is it called a moka pot? Same as a Mocha?
    Different than mocha. It makes a very strong espresso type of coffee. Water filters up from the bottom, through the espresso grind in the middle and then into the top part which holds the finished brew. Really excellent coffee if you like it strong.

Funny and weird, I have two coffee makers at my house. (Gifts) Ived never used either of them, and have no idea of how they work. They seem to look cool though.

Long story short, I only drink coffee at work. Weird huh?

Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    Funny and weird, I have two coffee makers at my house. (Gifts) Ived never used either of them, and have no idea of how they work. They seem to look cool though.

Long story short, I only drink coffee at work. Weird huh?
    Are they high end. I could donate them for ya pal...

Weened myself back off caffeine when I caught Dengue Fever a few weeks back... couldnt move out of the bed for about 4 days, and my only intake was a little bit of cold water. Kinda glad I'm not a cofffee drinker these days... one less thing to think about.

That said, good coffee still smells like heaven...

aahhhh...coffee....one of the few things I will never even consider giving up. What's better than excellent coffee??? Ooops, stupid question on this board.555555
    LivinLOS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WarProfiteer View Post
    Weened myself back off caffeine when I caught Dengue Fever a few weeks back... couldnt move out of the bed for about 4 days, and my only intake was a little bit of cold water. Kinda glad I'm not a cofffee drinker these days... one less thing to think about.

That said, good coffee still smells like heaven...
    I only drink a cup in the morning. Were you an all day drinker? I've heard it is actually healthy to drink a cup in the morning. For me it get my innards going for a nice visit to the terlet...

I have used the pots if I dont have an espresso machine... They can make a great cup..

Coffee is my only real addiction.. Just cant start a day without some.

I only drink a cup in the morning. Were you an all day drinker? I've heard it is actually healthy to drink a cup in the morning. For me it get my innards going for a nice visit to the terlet...
    i don't drink coffee at all, but had a half-cup each morning on holiday and pooed good!

drinking tea with honey right now but because i am sick

There are indeed many studies that show there's benefits to having a cup of coffee. I shouldnt feel bad about it at all when I indulge... but I tend to over-do anything I really like, so I quickly go from one cup, to two, to having another in the afternoon when I start getting tired after lunch, to having another before going out so I'll be nice & awake, etc...

For me, it's better to just avoid it all together. Cut out sodas, cut out coffee, wont even do tea right now... caffeine just seems a low return drug for me... just a little is fine, but within just a week or two of starting I'm already frequently using. As I dont own a coffee maker, the costs start piling up. 3 visits to Starbucks a day can easily top $15... not much, when you start doing that daily for a month, it adds up.

We had a coffee machine at home that never got used, so I took it to work.
    Now it's used all the time, especially on night shift and I tell you there is nothing better than a good cup of coffee at 02:00, to get you going.

We tried a few different brands of ground beans, but settled on Harris. Very strong and that's probably the reason anything else tastes too weak.

As far as the pot above goes, we've also got one of them at home, which was a gift for some work I did for a neighbour many years ago.
    We don't use it any more, but it did make pretty good coffee.............

No tea or coffee for me. I do drink it if I get it served by friends, but don't like it enough to make it myself. 3-4 liter of water goes down easy every day :-)
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

I should wake up with a sign on my head that says "Does not play well with others" which can only be taken off after my second huge mug of coffee in the morning. I guess I have a caffeine habit.
    LivinLOS likes this.

I had a French Press after dinner coffee drink. The beans are at the bottom and they fill the tall slim pot with hot water. You let it sit for 5 minutes and then press the top which presses the beans. It was very good.

I had a French Press after dinner coffee drink. The beans are at the bottom and they fill the tall slim pot with hot water. You let it sit for 5 minutes and then press the top which presses the beans. It was very good.
    I've got one of those and much prefer it over the machines although the moca thing sounds good too although I try to keep it to around 3 cups a week as opposed to tea which is 3 cups a day + maybe a herbal in the evening.

I've tried all kinds of different machines, the one above, Nespresso, the grind and serve kind, french press, coffee that comes in kind of tea bag think, instant (good in a pinch) and even the super great espresso like in cafes and such. Still always seems that I just prefer the normal drip-style coffee maker. I have little 4 cup Philipps model that I make one pot in the morning and sometimes another in the afternoon. That is just the style of coffee that tastes best to me! I do like Illy coffee best, but was in the States and loaded up on Starbucks during some 25% off sale at Target and brought it all back to Bangkok. I guess it was about 300 baht for a 340 gr bag, never even thought to think about how much it costs here, maybe that is more expensive than Thailand!

They do grow good coffee in Thailand tho, I've heard from heavy coffee drinkers that Ranong coffee is very good.
    For me in person I couldn't care less if it was Nescafe or Starbucks......................
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast