What a sports week!

Monday we get two bonus baseball tie-breakers

Tuesday and Wed baseball wild card games

Thursday Pats and baseball division playoffs

Friday Sox-Yanks 1st time in 14 years!!

Saturday Sox-Yanks and McGregor fight

Unreal
    October best month for sports easy

PS....If the Bruins didn't get their doors blown off on Wed I would have added NHL Season opener 555

PSS.....Some great NFL games coming up on Sunday

Absolutely loved the playoff games so far. For me, November is still the best month with the end of the football season... and the start of winter sports. This year the football league (and F1) finale and the kick-off in Finland for cross-country all land on the same weekend 555.

All Blacks v Springboks tomorrow

Liverpool v Man City on Sunday.

And still recovering from the Ryder Cup and the post-match scuffles and arguments.

You're right. Not a bad week Paulie... 55

PS. McGregor fight. What a joke that sport is... you'd have thought after seeing a proper professional make fun of him in a boxing match, that like Trump, people would see right through him... fake sport... 55
    dawsey likes this.
    Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people.

ahhhh

Liverpool v Man City on Sunday
    F1 Japanese GP on Sunday

and the McGregor fight ....agree what a joke
    Nobody is a social drinker. Everybody drinks to get drunk. I mean, nobody drinks 10 pints of coke in a night

Don't forget the first MotoGP race in Thailand this weekend either.
    If you haven't seen it, it puts F1 firmly in the shade although the Suzuka cicuit is brilliant and usually a great spectacle.

As for UFC and McGregor..................I wouldn't cross the road to watch it for free.

I doubt anyone is interested in Baseball outside of the USA although I can imagine it being a good sport to watch.

In the UK, it was called rounders as schoolkids.
    First played here in the 1500's
    Last edited by dawsey; 6th October 2018 at 01:05.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Ahhh we are talking about cars as ferrari,meckanics,teams and drivers like Kimmi horespower,speed and tactics not

Bikes puuh
    Nobody is a social drinker. Everybody drinks to get drunk. I mean, nobody drinks 10 pints of coke in a night

Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    Ahhh we are talking about cars as ferrari,meckanics,teams and drivers like Kimmi horespower,speed and tactics not

Bikes puuh
    There is more action and excitement in one race than a whole season of F1 Petter.
    You should take a look, especially Moto2 & Moto3.
    And racing a bike at over 220mph is for the brave believe me. The F1 drivers have it easy by comparison.

Well at least we know how to get the non-US guys on here to talk about sports

Brag about what a great sports week it is in the US so they get defensive and start posting 5555

The only sports talk on this forum for at least over a year has been the US guys talking about our sports

So I don't even think that any non-US person would even want to talk sports on this forum

TD has a very active non-US sports talk so I wouldn't have made that post there

Anyways......last night was too fucking stressful and that was only game 1 of Sox-Yanks!!

It's 8:30am and gorgeous here
    Will take the pooch out, do some shopping then buckle in for another Sox-Yanks and UFC

^ Defensive?
    No, you started the thread and others joined in.

And I think you'll find I started a thread on the Ryder Cup, The US Open, Test Cricket, MotoGP, The Masters...............

But you are correct. Apart from me and Waharoa, its only us two out of all the other members who ever discuss sport nowadays.
    The rest is made up of Americans discussing NFL and US based stuff that I don't have an interest in.
    Same same the Yanks not being interested in Test cricket or MotoGP

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    ^ Defensive?
    No, you started the thread and others joined in.

And I think you'll find I started a thread on the Ryder Cup, The US Open, Test Cricket, MotoGP, The Masters...............

But you are correct. Apart from me and Waharoa, its only us two out of all the other members who ever discuss sport nowadays.
    The rest is made up of Americans discussing NFL and US based stuff that I don't have an interest in.
    Same same the Yanks not being interested in Test cricket or MotoGP
    Well we aren't interested because those things suck Dawsey 5555

One thing I don't like about The Premier League is they don't have playoffs

Do your other sports not have playoffs?

I guess UEFA is the same as our playoffs

^ We have playoffs for promotion and relegation in all the lower divisions of soccer, just not in the Premier League.
    We also have it in Rugby Union which is another sport not so well known in the USA despite you having a national team.

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    ^ We have playoffs for promotion and relegation in all the lower divisions of soccer, just not in the Premier League.
    We also have it in Rugby Union which is another sport not so well known in the USA despite you having a national team.
    The 7's is extremely popular in North America
    But more so for the event than the actual game

I can't bring myself to watch golf or racing on tv. Live is a different deal, but just can't do it on tv.
    Get out there in the game, don't sit up in the bleachers. That is the philosophy of pimps and preachers.

10:30am playoff baseball while I am working alone in the office on a holiday Monday

I will take it!

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    10:30am playoff baseball while I am working alone in the office on a holiday Monday

I will take it!
    I can't watch baseball on tv either. At least not until the World Series. Just never was super interested in the sport. I do enjoy going to minor league games though. Great value and it's more of a social event than me being glued to what's happening on the field.
    Get out there in the game, don't sit up in the bleachers. That is the philosophy of pimps and preachers.

Quote Originally Posted by tnlawyer View Post
    I can't watch baseball on tv either. At least not until the World Series. Just never was super interested in the sport. I do enjoy going to minor league games though. Great value and it's more of a social event than me being glued to what's happening on the field.
    I only watch Red Sox games during the regular season........I'd never watch a baseball game that the Red Sox weren't playing

BUT............the baseball playoffs is the best playoffs, IMO
    Just such drama and build up

So I watch them all

But I will go to watch any baseball game in person
    For me, going to a baseball game is the most fun of all the sports........more for the social aspect

Ao's 1st time to watch Red Sox in Seattle
    The Friday night she was just being a bitch..........she said she didn't feel well and I put her in a taxi and sent her to the hotel
    We had great seats 2nd row

The next morning I think she knew she was a bitch and even though we didn't have plans to go she suggested we go the Saturday day game
    And she had a blast

The thing with Ao is if she is watching a sport she wants to know what's going on so that 1st game she was lost and board

But the Saturday she got it, that it was just more about hanging out and drinking and we had a blast
    Attached Images Attached Images

I only watch Red Sox games during the regular season........I'd never watch a baseball game that the Red Sox weren't playing

BUT............the baseball playoffs is the best playoffs, IMO
    Just such drama and build up

So I watch them all

But I will go to watch any baseball game in person
    For me, going to a baseball game is the most fun of all the sports........more for the social aspect

Ao's 1st time to watch Red Sox in Seattle
    The Friday night she was just being a bitch..........she said she didn't feel well and I put her in a taxi and sent her to the hotel
    We had great seats 2nd row

The next morning I think she knew she was a bitch and even though we didn't have plans to go she suggested we go the Saturday day game
    And she had a blast

The thing with Ao is if she is watching a sport she wants to know what's going on so that 1st game she was lost and board

But the Saturday she got it, that it was just more about hanging out and drinking and we had a blast
    Nice looking couple! My wife loves Titans games, and when I tried to get her into hockey, I played it smart. I bought Lexus lounge tickets which are right on the glass and also include access to the Lexus lounge. Free food and drinks and you can high five the players when they come back from intermission. Then I took her to 2 playoff games during our run to the Stanley Cup finals. Mid level seats, but such a crazy atmosphere. She was hooked and constantly asks when we can go again.

Nice looking couple! My wife loves Titans games, and when I tried to get her into hockey, I played it smart. I bought Lexus lounge tickets which are right on the glass and also include access to the Lexus lounge. Free food and drinks and you can high five the players when they come back from intermission. Then I took her to 2 playoff games during our run to the Stanley Cup finals. Mid level seats, but such a crazy atmosphere. She was hooked and constantly asks when we can go again.
    Acutally Ao took to hockey right away
    I think it is the easiest sport to follow for a newcomer and when you watch live the ice is so bright it just makes it a pleasant experience to follow

She has always liked basketball so that was easy for her to go to

She'd tell me to fcuk off if I wanted her to go to a football game 5555
    Attached Images Attached Images

Acutally Ao took to hockey right away
    I think it is the easiest sport to follow for a newcomer and when you watch live the ice is so bright it just makes it a pleasant experience to follow

She has always liked basketball so that was easy for her to go to

She'd tell me to fcuk off if I wanted her to go to a football game 5555
    The fact that mine has a crush on Marcus Mariota probably has something to do with it. All she does is watch him the entire time.

The fact that mine has a crush on Marcus Mariota probably has something to do with it. All she does is watch him the entire time.
    Ao is pretty good about going to games with me
    But no way would she go regularly if I had season tickets
    She's too much of a girly-girl

By the way
    I texted that Celtics pic to her out of the blue and told her she was too skinny then and made her head look big 5555

Waiting response when she wakes up in Thailand!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast