Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: MotoGP- 2013 Season

MotoGP- 2013 Season

So did anyone catch the first race last Sunday in Qatar?

What a great start to the season with Rossi finally back in the mix. Had it not been for a mistake on an early lap where he dropped from 3rd to 7th and about 7 seconds behind, he fought his way back, lapping quicker than the winner Lorenzo.

He hasn't lost his appetite, or his skill. This season promises to be the best in a lng time with Marquez, Pedrosa and Crutchlow all possible winners.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Re: MotoGP- 2013 Season

Great start to the season I was on the edge of my seat when Rossi charged up from being a long way back in 4th to come through for 2nd, excellent stuff.

Lorenzo is very quick but how is he with the wheel to wheel stuff. I hope we get to find out.

I think Yamaha have a slightly better package this season but with Marquezs raw talent on the Honda this could be the best season for a long time.

Re: MotoGP- 2013 Season

was an exciting race - mainly to see Rossi and Marquez duke it out. The kid not show any fear and it looks like he could have a decent debut season.

I hope Rossi provides a good fight for Lorenzo.

btw, what are the Stoner fanboys doing this season?
    I'm gonna make my own thread, with Blackjack and Hookers!

MotoGP at Austin this weekend. Same track as the F#1 race right? Long straight and corners like Silverstone.

Where is Loop & Masterwoodsman to contribute on this track?

^ Yes, same circuit as F1 used last year. The riders who tested earlier this year liked it.

MWM hasn't joined here yet has he? Not sure about Lew.

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    ^ Yes, same circuit as F1 used last year. The riders who tested earlier this year liked it.

MWM hasn't joined here yet has he? Not sure about Lew.

Ooo can someone ask MVM to join? I really like his comments.

The 1st corner for Austin track is going to be a problem. F#1 cars had problem braking , and playing the game on PC, i know. Else it's just sweeping corners and fast straights. Lovely copy of Silverstone.

5555 I can see some late braking and crashes on the first lap. Really fast straight to a tight first corner I believe.

I'll see if I can find MWM's email and ask him to join up.

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    5555 I can see some late braking and crashes on the first lap. Really fast straight to a tight first corner I believe.

I'll see if I can find MWM's email and ask him to join up.
    Yea and the 1st corner is uphill and at a weird degree/angle.

I read in some forums, MotoGp has too many races in US and Spain? Why not spread out? I mean 3 races in USA this season is too much.

Tell you what, that Marquez is some talent isnt he. His bleedin elbows on the deck ffs?? Jees at such a young age as well. IMO showing a lot more promise than a lot of the other big hitters at that age.

THE HOOF

Quote Originally Posted by HOOF HEARTED View Post
    Tell you what, that Marquez is some talent isnt he. His bleedin elbows on the deck ffs?? Jees at such a young age as well. IMO showing a lot more promise than a lot of the other big hitters at that age.

THE HOOF
    The next superstar without doubt. Reminds me so much of Stoner's riding style too. I can see him having a few big off's riding like that, but the guy has balls and skill by the bucketload. Pedrosa will be a worried man at Honda.

Ahhhh...back to one of my favourite threads from PI.

I got in before MWM so I'd just like to say Rossi is a broken down old has been 555....just kidding!

This season is turning up some great racing and some really competitive rides. Absolutely shocked at Marquez effort so early against this lineup!!

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    I got in before MWM so I'd just like to say Rossi is a broken down old has been 555....just kidding!
    That maybe true but he is still going faster than a certain ex racer 5555 That's the last time I will bring that up. honest. 555

Looking forward to Jerez, the first race shown at a reasonable hour here in LOS so I can watch it with a beer (thumbs up smiley)

Rossi has done a lot of preseason testing here so should be at the sharp end hopefully wheel to wheel with Marques and Lorenzo and Danny and Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by soupdragon View Post
    That maybe true but he is still going faster than a certain ex racer 5555 That's the last time I will bring that up. honest. 555
    555 don't be like that!

He is going better than I expected early in the season but I would have been very surprised had he not risen to the top at some point once his confidence and equipment adjustment were up to speed. You can't beat quality and on competitive machinery he still looks to have fight in him

I might jump on Marquez band wagon this year. Rossi has had enough time at the top and already has all the respect and support he needs and Jorge and Danni don't do much for me...and I'm still a Honda fan so I guess there is only one option...

Are you guys watching the races from any public places. Sportsbar? Anywhere?
    I'd fancy that instead of watching it by myself.

Cheers!

Qualifying today producing plenty of crashes before Lorenzo seals top spot.
    Cannot really look beyond Lorenzo to win with the two Honda's and Vale & Cal fighting for the podium. There really are two races going on here with the factory Honda's and Yamaha's and Crutchlows Tech3 bike way ahead of the pack. Hopefully a better race than the one in Texas last time out.

Lots of crashes in qualifying I think the race pace could be slow today and agree with Dawsey Lorenzo, described as a photocopier producing good lap after good lap by the commentators, has to favourite.

Rossi probably not popular with his mechanics struggling to get the best out of the Yamaha is off the pace. Marques will have to find that bit extra in his wealth of talent to challenge for the lead.

All races today pretty processional and not much to get excited about. Marquez again showing he will make no friends in the paddock after running Lorenzo off on the last corner. Nice to see Dani get off the mark with a desrved win. Hopefully LeMans will prove more exciting.

5555 classic.
    Virtually identical to Vale's passes that I had mentioned on PI and got shouted down about...one foot out...scorching too fast into a barely discernible open door...bump and you're through and don't worry about the other rider.
    Marquez took Lorenzo out just as Rossi did at the same corner on Gibernau in 2005 - but he didn't put him in the litter....

This might bring a little honesty to the arguments on clean tactics and saintly behaviour etc that took place previously

“I saw many times on the videos you can overtake at the last corner. I remember Valentino and many riders. I just tried to do the same,” he said.

MotoGP Jerez: Marquez move inspired by Rossi | Page 1 | MotoGP News | May 2013 | Crash.Net

So would it be fair to say the paddock wouldn't like Rossi for the same tactics?
    Last edited by Homer; 6th May 2013 at 04:35.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiLife View Post
    Are you guys watching the races from any public places. Sportsbar? Anywhere?
    I'd fancy that instead of watching it by myself.

Cheers!
    anyone??
    i was at the Aussie Bar in Patong and watched the race in Jerez. But by myself!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast