Thread: Badminton?

Badminton?

Why is it not a popular sport?

The sport is played in Asia and also some countries in Europe and UK, but how come it's not popular?

The All England is the grand daddy of medals.

How come England do not produce better players? China dominates, Malaysia is struggling, Indonesia were feared...

Future of the sport? I would say China and South Korea will take everything.

Any badminton fans in this forum?

I love playing it... but watching it on TV... it's hard to see the flight of the shuttle... so maybe loses it's visual appeal?

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    I love playing it... but watching it on TV... it's hard to see the flight of the shuttle... so maybe loses it's visual appeal?
    Maybe, faster than tennis, but slower than table tennis?

Do kids in your country know about badminton? Or only sports on tv that gets the full coverage?

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    Maybe, faster than tennis, but slower than table tennis?

Do kids in your country know about badminton? Or only sports on tv that gets the full coverage?
    Badminton was pretty popular growing up in NZ. Though not as popular as tennis. But especially back garden badminton I grew up playing it. Not as fanatical as SE Asian countries though...

Back in the day, I played to county standard and represented Dorset A a few times. Really fast game that kept me fit and I always enjoyed playing mixed doubles. Of course, those days are long gone. The UK went through a period where we were challenging the Indonesians for supremacy, but it doesn't appear so popular nowadays.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

I used to really enjoy playing Badminton, used to play to practise my squash. I think Warawotsit is right, to hard to see the shuttle cock to increase its popularity as a spectator sport, we need a badders Kerry Packer to sort this out!!!

Only way to make badminton better? make it end in a tie....

Do you guys stick your pinky finger out when you drink tea??5555