Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: Mma / ufc

The only whisper of an excuse to come from Lesnar's side is someone saying an asthma inhaler could have been the problem.

In his defense, I believe he actually passed 2 of the 3 out-of-comp tests he had leading up to the fight.

That said, anyone looking at Lesnar knows that shit aint natural... when you have to diet down for weeks just to get to 265 pounds and you're around 10% bf... yeah, sure that's natural. Every bit as much as the guys on stage at the Mr Olympia...
    LivinLOS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    From a movie

So Lesnar failed his 2nd drug test as well. Apparently it's the same banned substance that disqualified Jones. Conspiracy? Still if held up... Lesnar's win becomes a no contest... still pockets 2.5 million from the fight though... Hunt might actually have a real fight on his hands if he thinks he's getting Lesnar's fight purse, 5555

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
    So Lesnar failed his 2nd drug test as well. Apparently it's the same banned substance that disqualified Jones. Conspiracy? Still if held up... Lesnar's win becomes a no contest... still pockets 2.5 million from the fight though... Hunt might actually have a real fight on his hands if he thinks he's getting Lesnar's fight purse, 5555
    It's the same issue in baseball and I think they need to start attaching provisions in contracts for PED fails.
    Why wouldn't you take PED's if it is going to get you millions that you don't need to worry about losing if you fail a test and get suspended for some time.
    Your contact still stays intact

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    It's the same issue in baseball and I think they need to start attaching provisions in contracts for PED fails.
    Why wouldn't you take PED's if it is going to get you millions that you don't need to worry about losing if you fail a test and get suspended for some time.
    Your contact still stays intact
    I guess the trade off is your health v the ego...

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    I guess the trade off is your health v the ego...

It would have nothing to do with ego and all to do with bank accounts

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    It would have nothing to do with ego and all to do with bank accounts
    I sort of meant them as the same thing really... ego, money, etc

Tonight was a brilliant night. My best mate who was training for 6 months for wimp to warrior (originated in Australia where they take novices and turn them into fighters). Trained by John kavanagh and sag gym (mcgregors coach). Won the fight with a third round guillotine choke tap out....standard of fighting was actually brilliant...even two female fights....ringside made it better.

Anyway, on to next week...predictions for Diaz and mcgregor....haven't a cue myself.....last time was a shock but this time I think better prepared and no media storm....I am going for 2nd round ko (mcgregor to win) due to the sheer number of shots he will blast at Nate. It's going to be epic. Cannot wait.

In lots of ways, if Mac wins, it sets up a huge money trilogy fight..

That said, if he loses, to someone whose not even division champ, its back to cutting down to 145, something thats not easy for him.

Hate to say it, but Mac wins it this time... why? Because there's more money it when fight 3 comes around.
    LivinLOS likes this.

Well it all kicked off on 202 promo....bottle throwing and everything....my mates friend is one of mcgregors sparring partners and there is footage of him and nick boxing the head off each other.....ppv go through the roof...however talk about fight being pulled for safety reason....can't happen.....so excited for Saturday night!

Yeah bedlam at the presser.. UFC loves the free publicity.. Some funny / savage memes for fakebook..

Finally watched... sorry, that' shit's bad for business... the main difference between MMA and basketball/football/whatever is that it already has the stigma of being like human dog fighting... the only way to overcome that is for the fighters to conduct themselves well, speak well, present well, be good sportsmen, etc... this is why champs like Cormier are so vital... or if ya cant be good role model, at least shut up and stay off the radar. How much drama did Robbie Lawler cause? How many pre-fight fights did GSP get into back in his day? Frankie Edgar? Chris Weidman?

Remember that time Fedor talked a bunch of trash and threw a childish hissy fit like a little girl and threw water bottles at people? Me neither.

To me, this is where the shit talking leads. It always gets escalated. It ends up being a poor reflection on the sport. Let your fookin skills do the talkin and shut yer yap.

Just my unsolicited 2 cents...
    LivinLOS and dontpanic like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WarProfiteer View Post
    Finally watched... sorry, that' shit's bad for business... the main difference between MMA and basketball/football/whatever is that it already has the stigma of being like human dog fighting... the only way to overcome that is for the fighters to conduct themselves well, speak well, present well, be good sportsmen, etc... this is why champs like Cormier are so vital... or if ya cant be good role model, at least shut up and stay off the radar. How much drama did Robbie Lawler cause? How many pre-fight fights did GSP get into back in his day? Frankie Edgar? Chris Weidman?

Remember that time Fedor talked a bunch of trash and threw a childish hissy fit like a little girl and threw water bottles at people? Me neither.

To me, this is where the shit talking leads. It always gets escalated. It ends up being a poor reflection on the sport. Let your fookin skills do the talkin and shut yer yap.

Just my unsolicited 2 cents...
    I highly disagree.....it brings in the casual fan and that is what every sport wants..is the causal fan
    I had an industry party to go to last night and must have chatted the press conference with 15 people or so

We have the conference dinner on Saturday and although a lot of people were already thinking of bailing on the dinner halfway through to watch the fight but people were saying they definitely want to leave the dinner after that press conference went down

Its a shit show.. But it gets eyeballs..

Picking Nate in the 3rd by Sub.. Connors biggest chance will be R1 (or v early R2) when hes fresh, after that the pop of his punch is reduced and Nates grinding style edges up..

I gotta go with Connor by TKO early in round 2. Mostly because it sets up a HUGE payday for fight 3.

That said, I would much prefer to see Nate win. If he does, it will be later by sub. But I still think ya trust the money trail... wherever the most money is, that's just how the winds will of fate will blow... especially in Vegas.

Guess we'll see...
    Last edited by WarProfiteer; 19th August 2016 at 16:09.

Still sticking to round 2 KO....nate doesn't look confident...admittedly neither is conor but I think he has stayed away from media and trained his hardest....if he can't win then it won't be from want of trying and to do with the weight difference....still think he should have went 155 but he wants redemption....thanks for the cheese!

its right up there with the WWF for me....555

Quote Originally Posted by Joeguevara View Post
    Still sticking to round 2 KO....nate doesn't look confident...admittedly neither is conor but I think he has stayed away from media and trained his hardest....if he can't win then it won't be from want of trying and to do with the weight difference....still think he should have went 155 but he wants redemption....thanks for the cheese!
    Nate routinely fights at 155.. Connor kills himself getting to 145.. Using the weight as a get out of jail card is weak sauce..

Loads of fighters manage to hop about in 2 classes..

Connor may well get there with his striking in the early rounds.. Depending on how much Nate frustrates him.. But either Diaz brother seems very hard to knock out.

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast