Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: Mma / ufc

I had last round draw....and round 4 conors...conor was scoring punches and walking away....nate wasnt really doing much...i dont think je could see for most f the fight...the kicks from mcgregor hurt him.

ha ha ha.. Let the bitchfest begin..

14114948_1075445445899811_4495974949304966291_o (1).jpg

In all fairness most of that would come from anti mcgregormcgregor who dont know much...i cannot see how people can think diaz lost...

Quote Originally Posted by Joeguevara View Post
    In all fairness most of that would come from anti mcgregormcgregor who dont know much...i cannot see how people can think diaz lost...
    I would say theres way more casual fans and n00b fans brought in from Mac.. A huge proportion of the Irish contingent are bandwagoning it rather than long term fans.. No insult intended just how his support has been..

I am assuming you got that backwards in the last bit ???

End of R2.. Diaz was killing him (but had been knocked down) and going into the break.. Connor actually looked to be crying on the seat, head down, beaten.. And thats for a round I could still call a draw. R3 Nate.. R5 Nate. Close sure and the memes are just for a laugh.. Connor only 'won' R1 drew 2 maybe 4 if you can call running from nate while nate sticks his finger in his face a draw, and suffered the takedown to seal 5 and the fight.

14067534_1075464729231216_5577858877483727612_n.jpg

EDIT Just read on FB.. "Connor wins by business decision"

LOLz.. The pissing and moaning on FB is almost as much fun as the fight.
    Last edited by LivinLOS; 21st August 2016 at 12:25.

I completely agree that mcgregor brought in fanboys....but he also brought in anti fanboys those who love to hate him...the memes are class....i still disagree with your analysis..plstickikg up finger means nothing...and he did nothing with the takedown...mcgregor controllws most of the fight and was only on his back once...maybe twice...go on ireland...5555 nice to see the mutual respect at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    14067534_1075464729231216_5577858877483727612_n.jpg

EDIT Just read on FB.. "Connor wins by business decision"

LOLz.. The pissing and moaning on FB is almost as much fun as the fight.
    He wont be fightimg diaz for at least 9 months...go for 155 title then defend against aldo and then maybe if there is still hype refight diaz...i think he made his point...one at 170 and diaz will disappear into anonymity...his red panty night is over...conor is king again....i know he didnt win a belt but he proved his doubters wrong....the choles were put in their place tonight..esse

See its fanboi stuff like that which seems silly..

Fight 1 Nate stops him.. Fight 2 Connor gets a questionable / close decision.. And thats made out to be some conclusive domination.. 'king' etc..

155 is Nates fight weight, hell cowboy can fight down there, will connor make 145 again ?? Does he want to ??

Was joking about king....just feels great and am proud...stats are out...nate gets 2 more significant strikes nut conor has accuracy of 57 v 48...it was the knockdowns that won it...nate did nothing of significance with take down...i was worried in 3rd it was all over....but seriously it cannot be considered a questionable decision...close yes..but in no way questionable...he is the biggest ufc star and you have to respect that...155 next and i hope take aldo again...who knows...but thanks for the cheese! 555
    LivinLOS likes this.

Rumble Johnson at post fight presser was asked about Conor "Running away" during the fight. Rumble essentially said, No, he was re-setting, catching his breath, that's tactical and acceptable.

It is honestly like you watched a different fight

I watched the fight in Whistler BC, Canada
    It makes Bangla looks like a close knit village in terms of international presence.

The bar, Longhorn's, has close to 2k people with hundreds standing outside watching.

The vast majority were cheering for Connor at the beginning and were chanting for Nate after the fight.

As WP said......it was close.....but in a close fight, there was ZERO chance Nate would get a decision given what is at stake for 3rf fight.

PS.....it was an AWESOME fight to watch....no matter who won

Rewatched it after....had conor 1 2 and 4....knockdowns had him 10 8 definitely first...of not the second
    As i said in the excitement i dodnt really see nate aignificant strikes...but you cant knoxk someone down 3 times and not take those rounds.

With regards to the last round if it had been going on for 20 mpre seconds nate would have won the fight with a stoppage bit it didnt.....also look at post fight presser and natew face v conors...that damage definitely swayed the judges.

Happy with the win and honewtly dont think it was robbed...next fight with nate (if there is 1 will be at 155).

555 Joe....you really love your guy lolzzz

I certainly do....but its not fair to say im blinded by it.

95% of media outlets scored it 48-47 conor. One had it 49-46 Conor, four had it 47-47, one had it 48-47 Nate. The rest (around 22 outlets) had it for Conor.

Dan Hardy, probably th most reliable analyst, scored it as follows:

RD1 - 10-8 Conor
    RD2 - 10-9 Conor (and he even said that was en route to 10-8 until nate rallied)
    RD3 - 10-8 Nate
    RD4 - 10-9 Conor
    RD5 - 10-9 Nate

Fight Metric shows Conor landed more significant strikes in Rounds 1, 2 and 4.

Conor dropped Nate 3 times during Rounds 1, 2 and 4.

Conor stuffed every Takedown attempt during Rounds 1, 2 and 4.

Conor landed over 25 leg kicks in Rounds 1, 2 and 4.

By every possible parameter, Conor won Rounds 1, 2 and 4.

How can you possibly argue Nate won a Round in which Conor dropped him? The late rally in Round 2 for Diaz only stopped it being 10-8 Conor.

Under new rules there is a difference between a takedown and a knockdown...conor is under no obligation to do anything after a knockdown. A takedown is only a score if you do something with it and nate didnt do that really apart from the last 10 to 20 seconds.

You just make me smile Joe with your passion for Connor.

Hey you guys have got plenty to offer...St Paddy's...the potatoes.....innumerable musical artists.

I wouldn't be getting too hung up on the bloke.

Igs the mma thread can hardly talk about other things in this thread....but on that point we have about 4 guys coming up that is expected to take ufc by storm....well hopefully....

On another point has anyone seen nates post match presser...fcuking hilarious...either on strong painkillers or stoned...said to helwani i thought youvwere fired who let you in....i have great respect for the guy...warrior..
    Thin White Duke likes this.

Igs the mma thread can hardly talk about other things in this thread....but on that point we have about 4 guys coming up that is expected to take ufc by storm....well hopefully....

On another point has anyone seen nates post match presser...fcuking hilarious...either on strong painkillers or stoned...said to helwani i thought youvwere fired who let you in....i have great respect for the guy...warrior..
    Nate wasn't stoned......I honestly think he may be a bit mentally slow
    Joeguevara and LivinLOS like this.

Anyone can easily guess what I was thinking as soon as it went to a decision.

A great fight and I respect both guys. I fully expected Nate to put Connor away early in round 4 after beating him silly in round 3, but instead he laid back and much to Connor's credit, he stepped up and fought his way back into the fight.

I was glad to see a long fight and a good back & forth battle... but as soon as it ended, I said to the guy next to me "I think Nate probably should win, but it's close enough that it'll go to Connor so that it sets up a third fight." He thought Nate had it for sure.

Then yep... and the winner is... The UFC.
    Last edited by WarProfiteer; 21st August 2016 at 22:44.
    LivinLOS likes this.

Nate has a face like a tin of chopped tomatoes! 555

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast