Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: Mma / ufc

And still hes running scared..

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    And still hes running scared..
    Some people are so entrenched in their views, that persuading them otherwise is impossible.

Perfectly illustrated by the Twitter exchange today between Big John McCarthy and random fans. Worth noting that John not only reffed the fight but was a huge part of creating the unified rules, scoring criteria and training of judges.

He was asked how he scored the fight. He said 1, 2 and 4 Conor. 3 and 5 for Nate. No 10-8 rounds in either.

He was asked the rules about "running away" and said it's perfectly within the rules to circle out to catch breath and reset but that it's not allowed in perpetuity.

A Diaz fan then decided to say "what fight did you watch? Conor went running!".

He was also asked was he close to stopping the fight at any point. He said "no". To which he was then challenged on that!!

Riiiiiight. So the guy in the actual Octagon, who is the foremost expert referee and Judge, scores the fight for Conor, says he was not close to stopping the contest and and people tell him he hasn't a clue what he's on about?!?!

Its a fight.. He ran.. Nate chased.. Nate taunted him.. The break between R2 and R3 he appeared to be sobbing as he sat in the chair.. The fight ended with him on his back being dominated by Nate..

He knows that when he looks in the mirror.. What happened to the bravado ?? Hard to claim that while running away..

^That's why I quit modding on the fight forum. Few sports are capable of causing quite as much retardation as fighting. It's the testosterone, imo.

I've got no issues with competing opinions, but what you described is like on step short of someone telling Anderson Silva he doesnt know much about Anderson Silva. Telling Big John he doesnt know what he's talking about is just moronic on a level that defies logic. I think it's fine to disagre with him... or put it like "I see it differently, but hey, it'd be boring if we all saw the world in the exact same way", but telling an obvious expert he doesnt know what he's talking about... laughable...

Its a fight.. He ran.. Nate chased.. Nate taunted him.. The break between R2 and R3 he appeared to be sobbing as he sat in the chair.. The fight ended with him on his back being dominated by Nate..

He knows that when he looks in the mirror.. What happened to the bravado ?? Hard to claim that while running away..
    I saw it was close and knew the decision would go to Connor despit me having it 3-2 for Nate... I'm fine with it... but something I definitely thought was daft was him saying "The King is back" like he'd dominated somehow... nah bruv, ya fought a great fight, but if you're "the king" then it aint close and it aint a split decision... save that King shit for when you get a 13 second knockout... that's when it's appropriate.

Please see big johns response regarding running away...also nate didnt chase him. I think that is quite telling...nate didnt close the floor, nate didnt come after him...too busy getting up off the ground after being knocked down 5555... and i dont think conor will have any problem looking in the mirror, well unless he is wearing those ridiculous glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeguevara View Post
    also nate didnt chase him. I think that is quite telling...nate didnt close the floor, nate didnt come after him..

EDIT.. Its only banter.. I really dont give any kind of shit either way..
    Last edited by LivinLOS; 22nd August 2016 at 16:12.
    Joeguevara likes this.

EDIT.. Its only banter.. I really dont give any kind of shit either way..
    All i see there is missed punch after missed punch by nate...now im thinking conor is giving him a chance to refocus...5555

Nate has a face like a tin of chopped tomatoes! 555
    Some fighters have a ton of scar tissue that makes them bleed a lot.....

If you don't admit that Connor was running around the ring all night than you just are too biased.
    When he fought, he was outstanding and I don't think people are talking enough about his defense on those takedown attempts by Nate......I think that was huge in him winning.

But it's a bad look to talk so much smack and then run around like he did.

I was in a huge bar that has about 1200-1300 people and I can definitely say that the majority seemed to be rooting for Connor at the beginning and by the end were booing him when he was running and cheering for Nate at the end.

I went to take a piss at the end and a huge line were chanting "Nate Diaz" over and over

But it wasnt all night....and i bow down to the expert big john....his defence was what won it for him....nate( apart from the very last one) couldnt take him down and conor reversed many and got lots of elbows and knees un....thinking about it i think the big factor in nate losing was he couldnt finish it in the 3rd...gave it his all and wasted alot of energy....conor came out in the 4th and won the round....that was fight over unless diaz knocked him out or subbed him in the 5th...and he ran out of time (just about admittedly)

And people chanting in bars is of nonconsequence to me. All the experts say he won...the ref who is an expert says he won...none of these gave him a chance before the fight...quickly changing their tune now....i would go bybtheir expert opinion over guys in a bar.

But i see im out on my own here...good craic though!

But it wasnt all night....and i bow down to the expert big john....his defence was what won it for him....nate( apart from the very last one) couldnt take him down and conor reversed many and got lots of elbows and knees un....thinking about it i think the big factor in nate losing was he couldnt finish it in the 3rd...gave it his all and wasted alot of energy....conor came out in the 4th and won the round....that was fight over unless diaz knocked him out or subbed him in the 5th...and he ran out of time (just about admittedly)

And people chanting in bars is of nonconsequence to me. All the experts say he won...the ref who is an expert says he won...none of these gave him a chance before the fight...quickly changing their tune now....i would go bybtheir expert opinion over guys in a bar.

But i see im out on my own here...good craic though!
    As most have said.....we love that you are passionate about your guy but you have no objectivity at all.

On one hand you talk about how "big" he is and brings in all these fans.
    I give you an illustration of a pretty big sample size and how they feel he fought that fight and it gets dismissed against your perception of what Bj said.
    All he said was he wouldn't take a point away....not that he didn't run a ton in the fight.

As for Connor controlling the fight
    I watched the replay again and I think the score was correct and Connor won fair and sqaure but your bias shows through if you think he controlled the fight so clearly.
    Going by who just a who hurt who more and who looked more beaten when under pressure.....I don't even think it is close, Nate clearly hurt Connor more when he got the best of him.

But we should all be happy we can have these debates
    It means it was an awesome and close fight

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    But we should all be happy we can have these debates
    It means it was an awesome and close fight
    Also its the windup factor

Also.. In the headliner we have barely mentioned the others..

Glovers tooth going flying on camera.. Welcome to the 13 second club.. Just what power in Johnsons punch.. I am stoked already at the Cormier matchup..

Cerronne.. OK I am huge fan, is there a gamer fighter in the UFC ?? "I know a guy" for any matchup out there.. And his striking is just becoming so fluid and smooth.. I really expected Story who has been on a tear to present a credible challenge, but he just tactically picked him apart.. I mean look at this.

https://www.facebook.com/plracingtip...7882869235263/

Dont forget hes routinely 155 too.. If that cut becomes too painful for Connor to 145, theres another gatekeeper in waiting.
    Last edited by LivinLOS; 22nd August 2016 at 19:35.

Igs the mma thread can hardly talk about other things in this thread....but on that point we have about 4 guys coming up that is expected to take ufc by storm....well hopefully....

On another point has anyone seen nates post match presser...fcuking hilarious...either on strong painkillers or stoned...said to helwani i thought youvwere fired who let you in....i have great respect for the guy...warrior..
    Nate wasn't stoned......I honestly think he may be a bit mentally slow
    Video: UFC 202 headliner Nate Diaz nonchalantly vapes CBD oil during press conference - MMAmania.com

Right up there with when my old man lit a joint on a KLM flight.. When the stewardess came over he said "well its the royal dutch airline isnt it ??"

As most have said.....we love that you are passionate about your guy but you have no objectivity at all.

On one hand you talk about how "big" he is and brings in all these fans.
    I give you an illustration of a pretty big sample size and how they feel he fought that fight and it gets dismissed against your perception of what Bj said.
    All he said was he wouldn't take a point away....not that he didn't run a ton in the fight.

As for Connor controlling the fight
    I watched the replay again and I think the score was correct and Connor won fair and sqaure but your bias shows through if you think he controlled the fight so clearly.
    Going by who just a who hurt who more and who looked more beaten when under pressure.....I don't even think it is close, Nate clearly hurt Connor more when he got the best of him.
    Obviously a lot of it isbfor banter....i was convinced he had lost it in round 3 and was praying in round 5. I have bias but can also see a lot of the weaknesses....but if you dont support your guy to the hilt, it takes the fun out of it.

Also it would be boring if everyone agrees. And i must say i love nate diaz, what a character.

Is the next fight NYC? Could do a forum members meetup. As lomg as ye support conor 555
    WarProfiteer likes this.

Video: UFC 202 headliner Nate Diaz nonchalantly vapes CBD oil during press conference - MMAmania.com

Right up there with when my old man lit a joint on a KLM flight.. When the stewardess came over he said "well its the royal dutch airline isnt it ??"
    I actually think it was more a statement by him than just some dude wanting to smoke weed
    He, rightfully so.........has been outspoken about cannabis to recover

Oh..........and I'd imagine he likes to get high as fcuk! Just a guess 555

Obviously a lot of it isbfor banter....i was convinced he had lost it in round 3 and was praying in round 5. I have bias but can also see a lot of the weaknesses....but if you dont support your guy to the hilt, it takes the fun out of it.

Also it would be boring if everyone agrees. And i must say i love nate diaz, what a character.

Is the next fight NYC? Could do a forum members meetup. As lomg as ye support conor 555
    We can get together with my barber, who is from Ireland and huge supporter
    Between me and you two fcuks and all 3 of us drinking and our accents none of us will understand each other 555
    Joeguevara likes this.

Sef had me at chicken rap, tbh...
    Joeguevara likes this.

We can get together with my barber, who is from Ireland and huge supporter
    Between me and you two fcuks and all 3 of us drinking and our accents none of us will understand each other 555
    Welcome to my life outside ireland

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast