Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: Mma / ufc

What does everyone think of joe rogan's obvious bias towards diaz....really riled conor up, especislly after him shrieking like a girl in 196 when diaz won...looks like conor wants nothing to do with him now, very little engagement and takes the microphone off him...its a pity as i like joe!

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    Oh..........and I'd imagine he likes to get high as fcuk! Just a guess 555
    Having caught a few of the post fights bits today.. He does seem to gradually get more and more slurry and baked as they go on..

But hey why now ?? If he can get a damn medical card and its above board why can anyone say thats not a valid pain relief.. The fact his brother had a 5 year ban handed down (reduced to 1.5) and a huge fine (still only part paid) when the only thing he tested for was weed is just nuts.. All part of the anti diaz kind of thing tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeguevara View Post
    What does everyone think of joe rogan's obvious bias towards diaz....really riled conor up, especislly after him shrieking like a girl in 196 when diaz won...looks like conor wants nothing to do with him now, very little engagement and takes the microphone off him...its a pity as i like joe!
    All the entertainment Connor does outside the ring definitely brings fans in...........there is no way I am at a bar with 1200-1300 people without what he has done.

But outside his passionate Irish fan base...........his fighting style has turned people off a bit, IMO
    He tapped out in about 4 seconds last fight............that was weak as fcuk, no other way around it
    And he did run around a ton in this fight

People pick up on that and I think Rogan may be reflecting that

And also, as much you talk about Nate's face being banged up and Connor winning rounds(and remember I think he won the fight) I never felt there was a time that Nate was in trouble in the fight, even on the knockdowns.
    But there were definitely a few times that you thought Connor was about to get knocked out, the crowd at the bar certainly reacted to those instances the same as Rogan does

Rogan is nates mate. I think he let that interfere with it. You are definitely right tbat conor was in trouble and if the fight went on for 30 to 40 more seconds in the fifth it would probably have stopped.

But hey, he fought the fight that got hime the win amd now will go on to even bigger and better fights..this was hanging around his neck and he can go back to things on his terms...dana is being a d1ck as usual and should allow conor to fight for 155 title before having to rematch with aldo...aldo ducked mcg for 2 years and is now acting like a spoiled child!

Rogan is nates mate. I think he let that interfere with it. You are definitely right tbat conor was in trouble and if the fight went on for 30 to 40 more seconds in the fifth it would probably have stopped.

But hey, he fought the fight that got hime the win amd now will go on to even bigger and better fights..this was hanging around his neck and he can go back to things on his terms...dana is being a d1ck as usual and should allow conor to fight for 155 title before having to rematch with aldo...aldo ducked mcg for 2 years and is now acting like a spoiled child!
    Go back to things on his terms?
    This is where you get a bit delusional

He got choked out and tapped in 4 seconds last fight and fought a war that he was clearly the more overmatched fighter when in trouble in this last one and won by a small margin

How that translates to him being able to go back to things on his terms is beyond me

Go back to things on his terms?
    This is where you get a bit delusional

He got choked out and tapped in 4 seconds last fight and fought a war that he was clearly the more overmatched fighter when in trouble in this last one and won by a small margin

How that translates to him being able to go back to things on his terms is beyond me
    I mean fight at 155 what he was supposed to be originally fighting at and whichbis nates normal fighting weight...anyway i think everything will have to be on ufc terms again but i doubt he will be fighting again at 170 again...well anytime soon.

I mean fight at 155 what he was supposed to be originally fighting at and whichbis nates normal fighting weight...anyway i think everything will have to be on ufc terms again but i doubt he will be fighting again at 170 again...well anytime soon.
    155 theres a line to the title, Nates not the top contender.. after these last 2 showings he doesnt deserve to skip past others like cerrone.. 145 he can call it, but only down there and him getting there is questionable. His weigh in that time was about as bad as I have ever seen a fighter look.

People pick up on that and I think Rogan may be reflecting that

And also, as much you talk about Nate's face being banged up and Connor winning rounds(and remember I think he won the fight) I never felt there was a time that Nate was in trouble in the fight, even on the knockdowns.
    Nates face was banged up because he was game to fight.. He walked forward and didnt run.. Look at the fighters that people love, lawler, wanderlai, Rory Macdonald.. None of them backed for a moment.. They walk into adversity.. Thats what makes them great !!

No one can argue Connor wasnt massively protected on the way up, wrestlers kept out of the line up while he was learning, handed dud old fighters given a media storm to make them seem real.. No question about it, he has powerful and great striking, but its taken the last year or so to add anything more to his game, and most fighters wouldnt have had the chance to afford that, or had the easy path provided to enable to hype and media scrum to get it too.. Hes let that go to his head.. Given a challenge he lost once and ran away the next time, sure he got the win but theres no moral victory in getting the win while running and dodging from someone who wants to fight you. Fighters fight, thats how they get fans. Fighters who run, dont.

Thats what the fans and Rogan may have been reflecting.

Thing is, down at 145 he may well smash aldo again and thats one of the most sparse ones.. Edgars wrestling ?? Bermudez wrestling and grappling ?? Cody Carbrant coming up a weight with a punchers chance ?? If he can healthily get back to 145 on command he can legitimately hold that area.. But if that weight cut is too much now, 155 is a different story.. Alverez, Barbosa, Dos Anjos, Cerronne, Melendez, Porier, that Kabib navaloboajob whatever.. Even journeymen like Gomi or Miller present credible challenges down there and they are miles from being title shot contenders.. 70kg lightweight is a very different world than 145.. Connor has always been a big 145, he is only average 155 so his trademark punching power is far less of an outlier.
    Joeguevara likes this.

Dana said alvarez or aldo....conors choice....no lines for our conor 5555

USADA now investigating Nate's vaping. Could he not jave waited 30 minutes...did he really need a toke which could see him possibly being banned or money taken off him.

Dana said alvarez or aldo....conors choice....no lines for our conor 5555
    Your talking 145.. Above you said he would have no queue for the 155 title..

At 145, I fully agree.. Either of those 2 he should have his pick.. And thats still a title, to be proud of, and one I can see him winning.. If he can make that weight again..

155 is a totally different situation, theres a line, and I think many in that line can best him (have bested Nate).

USADA now investigating Nate's vaping. Could he not jave waited 30 minutes...did he really need a toke which could see him possibly being banned or money taken off him.
    Investigating a Diaz for.. well.. being a Diaz

Its a med, he I am sure has a med card... Theres zero PED issue there.. I think it would be very dumb to keep showing such bias on this like they did with his brother.
    Joeguevara likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Your talking 145.. Above you said he would have no queue for the 155 title..

At 145, I fully agree.. Either of those 2 he should have his pick.. And thats still a title, to be proud of, and one I can see him winning.. If he can make that weight again..

155 is a totally different situation, theres a line, and I think many in that line can best him (have bested Nate).
    Alvarez is 155 (lw) champ. If conor wants to fight him for that he can with no queue. But he will lose his 145 belt most likely

While the business politics give it consideration.. Theres no way he should jump ahead of so many who have beaten Diaz for that spot. Its an insult to the 155 division that without a fight in that class, or beating people who have clearly beaten Nate, that he would get to do that.

Cerronne in particular.. Hell even almost washed up jouneymen like Diego Sanchez.. You dont see him ever running away (or getting knocked out).. In fact a Sanchez fight would be an amazing test (Sanchez 5 round cardio is insane) as is Melendez.. But no way the UFC could build a business case for Diego any more.

But diaz was only a replacement for rda who pulled out... he has the shot and will take it i reckon...he who pays the piper plays the tune and if he wants the fight hebwill be given it....in my opinion if hevwins it let everyone else have theirbshotbwith him...they will get 10 times the purse what they normally would get...so fcuk it!

With regards to diaz does it really matter if he has a medical card for weed, if its a banned substance its a banned substance. Not that i agree with that.

John kavanagh has come out and said that during one of the clinches he shouted at conor to stick to the gameplan and nate looked at him and shouted "fcuk you and your gameplan. The guy is hilarious....liking him more and more

With regards to diaz does it really matter if he has a medical card for weed, if its a banned substance its a banned substance. Not that i agree with that.
    Is it banned for out of competition ?? Nick was popped for in competition (eg fighting stoned.. Like how the fuck !!) if my memory of the whole deal was right..

Its my understanding they changed the rules like 2 or 3 years back that out of competition it was ok.. Only in competition use is banned.

Nick fell foul of insane nevada ruling for fighting stoned. I really think that ruling was truly awful, even with it being reduced to 1.5 years.. You had fighters like Silva, getting popped for PEDs, given a 1 year ban, while Nick was still out for smoking legal medical weed, with a legal weed card.

I honestly think that was calculated to make a point.
    A point I agree with
    LivinLOS likes this.

I honestly think that was calculated to make a point.
    A point I agree with
    So would i...but do you really think nate has the capacity to make political/striking statements on the ridiculousness of fighters geeting huge bans or fines for smoking blow when others are getting very little for PEDs

I think Cerrone - McGregor could be just as big as the first Diaz fight. I'd like to see that.
    LivinLOS likes this.

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast