Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: Mma / ufc

Mma / ufc

We dont yet have a thread for this, and I know I am a keen follower.

Theres just so much quality programming now, I am just working through the UFC on Fuel after the UFC on Fox (one hell of a card IMO, the Matt Brown v Jordan Mien was superb) and all of them were battles even tho I didnt agree with the headline fights descision (a cynic would say the UFC contract fighter v the non UFC contracted fighter ?!?!)... Then theres the prelims also..

Then this weekend we have Sonnen v Jones with 159.. Its like week after week of great fight action at the moment.
    Last edited by LivinLOS; 23rd April 2013 at 15:56.

So many good fights lately...

And tomorrow morning we get Jones beating on Sonnen... more important to me though is the Bisping Vs Belcher fight... I see either a Bisping decision or Belcher getting the KO, TKO or Submission. We have a tradition over on the fight forum that I'd like to extend here... it's called the avatar/signature bet... I'll take Belcher... anyone want Bisping? Loser wears whatever avatar & signature the winner chooses (or creates) for one week. Any takers??? Bisping is actually favored by Vegas...

In the spirit of comradery......

I'll decline thanks....555

I really do put that fight at 50/50... I just really dislike Bisping and want him to lose. Also, Alan Belcher posts over on the fight forum, so I'm much more of a Belcher fan. I couldnt believe when he almost pulled of a twister on Palhares. I think Bisping will try (probably successfully) to keep it standing and pick Alan apart with footwork and good movement... I dont see Belcher winning a technical stand up match. But if it becomes a slugfest, Belcher can easily win... and should it go to the ground, I say Belcher has a clear advantage. That said, Bisping has proven difficult to take down... not mention he has never been submitted. So it really could go eitheer way and it's great match-making by Joel Silva...

Sorry man, ya missed it... I figured you'd be the one to take me up on it... we'll do it for the next event... we have 2 events back-to-back in just 3 weeks time...

Wanting to comment on this morning's fights, but dont want to spoil it for those who havent watched yet...

^^^555 missed the fight. Just cought the news, and really love that bet. It's has sooo many levels of cool.

Talk to ya next one.

We don't get to see it anymore, it's all on pay per view these days; shame really.

Michael Bisping comes from Clitheroe which is about 20 miles from where I live; we kinda like him round here

Heyup Steve,

its usually on ESPN, or at least thatw where I see it. Get subscribed !!

THE HOOF

ESPN is a subscription too far for me. If it's not on Sky Sports I'm not watching it

There's usually a few sites that put up the fights within 12 hours or so... then they get a legal notice to take them back down or face trouble... so they're often just up for a day or two... still, plenty of time to watch them.

Also, for those who did watch and were wondering about Alan Belcher's eye, it wasnt the cornea that cut/damaged, it was actually his eyelid... so despite some profuse bleeding, he'll probably be OK fairly quickly.

Also, also... Jones' toe... umm, nasty. I see why it stole all the headlines and it took effort to find out about Belcher's eye after the fact...

Card with plenty of odd injury stoppages..

Dear lord that toe..

Anyone know what time the fights start tomorrow???

Robbed..

Close.. but robbed none the less..

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Robbed..

Close.. but robbed none the less..
    Sometimes wonder where they get these judges from!! I had it down as most likely a Gustafsson win or possibly a draw but never a Jones win.....fcuk me the bloke could hardly walk back to the dressing room, he knows he got away with murder tonight!!

Gustafsson is young and very tough, just needs to focus on Championship round conditioning as i can see him being involved in many 5 round bouts in the near future. Take nothing away from Jones he fought like a trojan but wasn't the best man on the night....

I left it spoiler free but I guess you enter this thread at your own risk..

That swede had a piece of rock on his shoulders, he took some hits and kept on trucking. He gassed midway in the 5th but still was clearly the better man IMO.

I mean sure, I have seen worse robberies.. But still for a title fight.

Meh, I didnt feel it was a robbery at all. And this is coming from someone who pretty much dislikes Jones as a human being.

It was a GREAT fight... surely the best Jones fight I can remember as they're usually a totally lopsided affair. Gus was tough as nails, and to me it was dead even going into the last round. He just didnt have enough in the tank to make a good showing in the 5th. I had Jones edging out the first and having a possible 10-8 round on the 4th where he almost put Gus away. So to me it was anyone's fight going into the 5th. But to be the champ, ya gotta beat the champ... not come close, not hope for a judge's decision... you have to truly show you've won. I didnt see that happen tonight. I saw a damn good fight. I saw a close fight. But I didnt see Gus prove he truly beat the champ. As such, I'm fine with the way the decision went.

Looks like a highly likely immediate re-match, according to the post-fight press conf. Neither guy could attend that press conf as they both were in the hospital.
    Last edited by WarProfiteer; 22nd September 2013 at 13:22.

So umm... Anderson Silva... yeah...

I was repulsed a little about what happened during the fight, but the photoshops after have been epic over on the fight forum. Probably the best one I've ever seen. It's kind of a tradition over there... after the events, the guys with the PS skills go to work trying to make the rest of us laugh. Unfortunately there are some die hard Silva fans who so strongly opposed this time that they got themselves banned- which made the thread a little more funny to the rest of us.

Props to Rousey. Sucks for Leben. "Finally" for Uriah Hall. Travis Brown has bionic elbows.

Probably one of, if not THE, best cards of 2013.

It was a great card.. and having badly snapped my own tib / fib lower leg made me a touch queasy..

Best card of the year for me goes to 166... That simply insane fight between Melendez and Sanchez.. Sanchez is simply a madman in the ring.. And the Jnr Dos Santos and Valasquez 3rd time..

So much great MMA these days, its almost hard to keep up with it all now.

Some of the less offensive ones, in case someone might get a chuckle out of them...

For this first one it might help to know that Anderson is pretty much always referred to as the pound for pound "greatest of all time", or "GOAT"...

This one got to me... very simple, but totally lulzy...

Well, it was a bit surreal... Dali would approve...

One my friend made...

And lastly, a play on words for his fighting name, The Spider...

Dang, I've broken many of my own bones. Complex/complete on two occasions. That's bone sticking out of the skin. With that in mind, I have zero stomach for watching "green tree" breaks on any soul. It makes me yourch.

I've been at a MMA fight (ring side) when the same happened, and I almost broke my own neck turning away. Empathy ?

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast