Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The FA Cup

The FA Cup

There is a God, he smiles on decent blokes like Dave Whelan and Roberto Martinez

( he also notes mean minded scroats from Salford who desperately pray that City don't win a ****ing thing, as childish as that may be )

or it's a fixed match............and I'm not a City fan..................

I didn't see the game and only just seen the result. What happened, I thought City would be all over that game ????

Yes
    Great result for Wigan...real fairy tale stuff...I didn't give them a hope against city...deserved win too

K2
    Well done Wigan ... sure they will relish that deserved win for years to come.
    Its My Life .....!

imagine the party their supporters are having
    wow

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    imagine the party their supporters are having
    wow
    2 more games before the season ends and Wigan are in the drop zone, if they can avoid relegation, fantastic year and really crazy celebrations then!!!

Confidence can be a very powerful force in sport - even sometimes a negative one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    2 more games before the season ends and Wigan are in the drop zone, if they can avoid relegation, fantastic year and really crazy celebrations then!!!
    wow
    so they might get relegated in the EPL but still won the FA Cup
    unreal
    i wish i kept up on it this year
    just way too many US sports going on right now with NHL and NBA playoffs
    every night 3-4 big games to watch between the 2 sports

Very pleased to see Wigan win the FA Cup. They deserved it, they wanted it more and played the better football. City....... very disappointing for a team of superstars. As for Mancini dropping the reserve goalkeeper after he played every game so far, was a disgrace. For that alone I'm glad City lost.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

i don't hope chelski loose al their games because they turn Lampard down well 55555

He had to pick hes preferred team for a game that means millions if he had win it

Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    i don't hope chelski loose al their games because they turn Lampard down well ………55555

He had to pick hes preferred team for a game that means millions if he had win it
    The problem for me is that Mancini went back on his word after allegedly promising Pantillimon he would play in the final. To take that away from him, his final game for City was a bad decision IMHO. As it turned out, his best team, Joe Hart included, wasn't good enough to beat a side sliding out of the Premiership.

As for Lampard, it will be a blow for both player and the fans if he doesn't get another year on his contract. Maybe Mourinho will want him ? I think it may be one of Abramovich's ideas not to offer a player any more than a 1 year contract once they reach 32yrs. Keeping Lampard in the dark is poor form IMO.
    I think Chelsea would be crazy to release him.

Tread Closed !

Reason City bashing !!!

I see city as not so much a team of superstars but a bunch of mercenary individuals. Wigan are a team and have just equalised against Arsenal. Every so often something good happens in sport and this was one of these moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    Tread Closed !

Reason City bashing !!!
    555...the reason for his sacking is simple....he was meant to take the team forward and failed (in fact they went backwards)...and failed quite miserably really when you considered how they weren't even in the race for the premiership with around 10ish odd matches to go, the monumental nothing to show from the CL and being beaten by a team on the verge of dropping out of the premiership in the FA Cup Final...had City won the FA he may well have had a reprieve..but that's all water under the bridge

If there is a manager i felt sorry for this season it is RDM being sacked by Chelski.....the guy won the CL not 5 minutes beforehand FFS....and the Spanish waiter did not improve on the position they were in on the PL table since taking over.....nor has he won any silverware

Nelce you are being Australian again!!!

Benitez just won the Europa League, 3rd in the premiership automatically qualifying for the European Cup, FA cup semi finalists, world club cup finalists, not too shabby is it?

There is much more to the Mancini sacking than his performance or lack of it in your opinion.

Teams simply cannot all win everything every year, so realistic expectations are required, realistic targets to achieve, whilst maintaining ambition.

Winning or losing the final of the FA cup didn't get Mancini sacked. There is a slightly bigger picture happening and he did not fit into this bigger picture unfortunately, as I and most City fans liked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    There is much more to the Mancini sacking than his performance or lack of it in your opinion.

so had Mancini won the premiership, the FA Cup and the EUFA Cup he still would have gone then...due to your "bigger picture"???......success IS the biggest picture...it makes up for manifold sins and wickedness

as for Benitez...he inherited a team 3rd on the table and looks like finishing there....

C'mon the Europa Cup and the World Club championships...gimme a break...

and semi-finalists at FA..well they are one of the top 4 teams in premiership...and were when Benitez inherited them

^ Considering Benitez hands were tied regarding transfers in January, he has done a decent job of managing an inherited team and maintaining their league position.
    Qualification for next seasons CL was paramount and he has achieved that. The Europa Cup was a bonus, but its a Mickey Mouse cup full of failed CL teams and not one I rate highly.
    Overall, Benitez will be happy and his CV will show more silverware and a reasonably successful season for Chelsea.
    Next season should be good. Every club near the top will think they have a chance now Fergie has gone. City and Chelsea will have new managers as well as Utd, and Wenger will surely spend some money! Spurs don't need too many players to make that final move upwards and who knows how Liverpool will do. Yep, looking forward to seeing how next season pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    Next season should be good. Every club near the top will think they have a chance now Fergie has gone. City and Chelsea will have new managers as well as Utd, and Wenger will surely spend some money! Spurs don't need too many players to make that final move upwards and who knows how Liverpool will do. Yep, looking forward to seeing how next season pans out.
    I hope so Rog....this season was very flat compared to last year's cracker when it all came down to the wire in extra time and on points difference for City....Chelsea's fanatastic EUFA and FA cup wins (under RdM) and claw back in the premiership...and Man United's fight back to finish on level points in the premiership with City..hard to ask for a better season that that...so I guess any season was going to look ordinary in comparison after that

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    so had Mancini won the premiership, the FA Cup and the EUFA Cup he still would have gone then...due to your "bigger picture"???......success IS the biggest picture...it makes up for manifold sins and wickedness

as for Benitez...he inherited a team 3rd on the table and looks like finishing there....

C'mon the Europa Cup and the World Club championships...gimme a break...

and semi-finalists at FA..well they are one of the top 4 teams in premiership...and were when Benitez inherited them
    If City Had won all three, (by Eufa I'm assuming you mean European Cup), then it would have been harder to have immediately sacked him and more unlikely, although it didn't help Di Matteo?. But he didn't win them, but not winning them, was not the main or only reason he was sacked.

You give no credit to Benitez in keeping Chelsea third, they have had a hard fought battle with Spurs and Arsenal, they did win the Europa Cup, which may be a lesser cup but is still classed as a major trophy, still silverware, no one else won it!!! And do not belittle semi finalists of the FA cup, its an acheivement, UTD, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs didn't manage !!! its still our major domestic cup, it still holds the glamour and unpredictability that its always had for the underdog. I think in retrospect Benitez has done a very good job at Chelsea under very trying conditions, he's won round the dressing room, even gained respect from the terraces, he has gone up in my estimation of him for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast