Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Mancini Out

Mancini Out

They won the league for the first time in 44 years, finished second this time. Finished second in the FA cup and he's binned. Beggars belief to my mind, if there was ever a season where United might be vulnerable it the next one, what do city do in preparation? Bin the manager and sart again, madness.

As a United fan I'm pretty chuffed though

I didn't think he was that good of a manager, tactics how he used the squad etc. With that bunch of players he could have done better this year. Seemed to be a lot of dressing room personality issues too. They were probably right imo... Get rid of him. He's probably not sorry too with his nice payoff, one Premier title and an FA cup.

Question is if he did loose the warderobe ?? if he dident win that one and dident get the fully respect among all those self claimed starts hes best out

You need a strong one whos been listen too and have the natural autority,dont know if he had or not,but if .......
    Last edited by Petter; 14th May 2013 at 23:25.

Yes
    I thought he man managed the Teves affair and Balotelli badly,no real stance just folded.
    but I think a lot of the results this season were down to the players too...to many individuals and not enough team.

bad show in CL the writing on the wall...next year could be even harder they are now in the third pot and could get another tough draw...also It looks like pelligriney ! Will take over ...may be not much improvement

hardly inspiring that the new coach is named after "Bottled Water" 555

Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    Question is if he did loose the warderobe ?? if he dident win that one and dident get the fully respect among all those self claimed starts hes best out

You need a strong one whos been listen too and have the natural autority,dont know if he had or not,but if .......
    Dressing room, had me puzzled there for a minute buddy He probably did, as has been said the Balotelli thing was messy. Still, he did bring City their first league title in 44 years and will finish 2nd this year; not bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    Dressing room, had me puzzled there for a minute buddy He probably did, as has been said the Balotelli thing was messy. Still, he did bring City their first league title in 44 years and will finish 2nd this year; not bad...
    just imagine what Sir Alex could have done with a squad of THAT talent.....

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    Ah the vultures are out in force.

You are right Steve, he brought the first silverware for 40 years, he won the fa cup, then followed up with winning the premiership and coming second this year and losing a second fa cup final, oh forgot and a charity shield. But sadly this is 2013 in the premiership. He failed badly in the European Cup and from there he was history, irrespective of what else he did.

It saddens me personally but so be it, move on, as for Nelsons Fergie post, well Nelson comes from Australia!!!!55555

Seems even Kompany had problems with him at the end. And I think Kompany is quite level headed compared to some others.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    It saddens me personally but so be it, move on, as for Nelsons Fergie post, well Nelson comes from Australia!!!!55555
    555....gotcha

and i gotcha money for 2 years before I actually agreed with you that they would win that year...555

just imagine what Sir Alex could have done with a squad of THAT talent…..

come on….how many years did Alex use before they did anything in outside Britain,puhh it was a mess the first years

That's my point really Petter, they need a bit of a chance to get it right. Too many clubs fire managers too quickly, it's a circus sometimes.

just imagine what Sir Alex could have done with a squad of THAT talent…..

come on….how many years did Alex use before they did anything in outside Britain,puhh it was a mess the first years
    just a bit of Bernie baiting Petter....555

City, with their billionaire owner, have done the same thing as Chelsea did with Di Matteo and countless others. It appears these rich owners demand instant success and if it's not forthcoming their solution is to sack the manager and try another one. It's madness with no stability, but, it's the owners perogative.

City, finishing last in their group in the CL without winning a game, failed this year, simply because that is what the owner expected to do well in. Mancini lost the dressing room and his man management wasn't the best. That squad should have done better, but its a little harsh to blame the manager for everything. The players should look at themselves and realise many of those poor perfomances were down to them.

Hopefully for City fans, Pellegrini will bring them the success the owner craves. If he doesn't he'll be out as well.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

quote:Mancini lost the dressing room and his man management wasn't the best

if so,how could he go on ? if he did loose that one the only solution is he or the players he couldn't controls out IMO

And that was probably what happened,Alex have had the same problems,but another solution to it,the players was out,he could do so after many years,but couldn't have done it in the beginning if had had some big ones in there at that time.
    But they where shit in the beginning and it was only youngsters he could trow shoes at

same happened to Boas,he lost the dressing rom and he's job last year

[QUOTE=Petter;9004]

if so,how could he go on ? if he did loose that one the only solution is he or the players he couldn't controls out IMO

I think if Mancini had stayed, a few players would have been sold (like Balotelli). Nasri was one who had a problem with Mancini, and Dzeko wouldn't hang around warming the bench forever.
    Ferguson was right getting rid of disruptive players. I read he only regretted the sale of only one player, Jaap Stam.
    same happened to Boas,he lost the dressing rom and he's job last year
    Yep. Too many players queried his team selections and tactics. The board took notice and when results were not good, he was gone.555
    Again, wrong IMO, not to give a manager a season or two at least and see how he can make his own selections perform.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

yea but you live of the results you get based on the investments that have been done by others i did like him eksept that he was raised and teached by this goofy Sven Gøran something in italy

But did he control the players who was coming inn,if not he was doomed from the first day ,more and more you se the managers dont have any thing to say when it comes to buying players,and who to be bought

Look at Wenger,do he control anything when it comes to players inn and out ? rumors say he will get some pocket money to buy a player next year 55555,he is controlled totally by the board,and they are probably the club with most money in the bank at the moment.

Yes
    Singling out individual players for criticism in the press is a dangerous tactic,joe Hart,nasri,Andrew Johnson Baloteli, Teves etc,he is trying to get them to lift their game but ...public shaming ?

I thought Ferguson made a big mistake selling Tevez and keeping Berbatov ...until I saw what happened at city..Tevez insulted the fans the city the club and Mancini and was allowed to walk back in ...if you can get away with that you can get away with anything.
    I think some of that was the boards fault as well not just Mancini

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    City, with their billionaire owner, have done the same thing as Chelsea did with Di Matteo and countless others. It appears these rich owners demand instant success and if it's not forthcoming their solution is to sack the manager and try another one. It's madness with no stability, but, it's the owners perogative.
    We keep being linked with what Chelsea has done with their managers in the past, because ofthe way we have likened their rise to prominence. I do not think I can remember any of their last 9 managers lasting 3.5 years? so I do not think the same mentality is being applied here at City, but time will tell that. I personally think this was bad timing when considering the upheaval that will occur at Utd next season, new manager, Rooney maybe/maybe not?? etc but it was done and so be it.

Just a question and a long shot with no substance just gut feeling maybe? has Mourinho signed or said he is definitely going to Chelsea next year? Pelligrini is in the papers as being the choice, Mourinho is in the papers as going to Chelsea, I just wondered and no idea why, but its a little quiet on the Pelligrini front and also on the Mourinho front at the same time? I am going to be accused now of wishful thinking, I am not doing this just voicing my little gut feeling, which is most likely way wrong!!! Benitez for second choice??? maybe that's why my gut metometer more likely is going off, oh no not Benitez!!!!! well suppose he has good experience in the euro's

Yes
    you would think Muhrinio would fit with city..they have money ..a manager who can deliver fast..good with big ego players..proven record etc.
    I thought M would not take the city job before because he wanted the man u job but with that not an option...city are one of the few clubs that could give him what he wants.
    Roman is baulking at paying out his but out clause with RM....and as said already thing have gone silent with both clubs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast