Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: F1 legend Michael Schumacher in 'critical condition'

Oh, bad news. We came to like the guy over here.

Bad news and just goes to show.. You can take all kinds of risks, and its the ones you dont see that get ya..

Incredible driver, perhaps not the greatest sportsman but amazing driver for sure.

Terrible news.........lets hope he pulls through!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    Oh, bad news. We came to like the guy over here.
    Not everyone Steve. Although a great driver, up there with the best ever, he will forever be remembered (by me at least)as a cheat who would stop at nothing and break any rule to ensure he won. Ask Damon Hill, Jacques Villenueve for starters how he played by the rules. His compatriot Sebastian Vettell is following his path nicely.

He is however a father, husband and a human and I wish him all the best with his recovery.
    LivinLOS, K2 and soupdragon like this.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    Not everyone Steve. Although a great driver, up there with the best ever, he will forever be remembered (by me at least)as a cheat who would stop at nothing and break any rule to ensure he won. Ask Damon Hill, Jacques Villenueve for starters how he played by the rules. His compatriot Sebastian Vettell is following his path nicely.

He is however a father, husband and a human and I wish him all the best with his recovery.
    When he finished racing I saw him interviewed a couple of times, Top Gear memorably, and he came across very well. Becker, McEnroe and one or two others seemed the same; ruthless winners that were decent people when the winning was done with.
    Dkdude likes this.

Racings racing.. But the way he choose to win was unsporting and forever put him out of the greats to me.. I think Mr D put it perfectly tho that I certainly wish him no ill will and hope he recovers.

UPDATE - 12/30/2013: In Monday morning news conference, doctors at the CHU hospital in Grenoble discussed the condition of retired Formula 1 world champion Michael Schumacher, who sustained severe head injuries in a ski crash Sunday in the French Alps.

Via the Chicago Tribune, head anesthesiologist Jean-Francois Payen told the media, ""We can say that his condition is life-threatening." Payen added that it is difficult to issue a prognosis due to the fluidity of the situation, saying, "We are working round the clock - we are trying to win time."

A Eurosport recap of the press conference carried by Yahoo! adds additional information. Stephan Chabardes, the neurosurgeon who performed the emergency surgery on Schumacher on his arrival, spoke about the operation:

"On his arrival we examined him clinically and we realised he was in a serious condition, in a coma, with in fact cranial pressure. The brain scan showed a number of pieces of information, some intercranial haematoma but also some cerebral contusions and oedema. We operated urgently to try to eliminate the haematoma. After the operation we saw that we had been able to eliminate these haematoma but also sadly the appearance of various bilateral lesions.”

The importance of Schumacher's helmet can't be overstated. While his injuries are grave, if not for the head protection, doctors say he never would have made it to the hospital at all. The medical staff declined to elaborate on the aforementioned lesions found during surgery, except to say that they were very serious. Michael Schumacher's family is with him at the hospital, and doctors are keeping him in a medically induced coma.

^^ That doesn't sound good at all...............

I hope he comes though it.. Come on man... Yeah he was a dangerous driver for sure
    Last edited by PadMC; 1st January 2014 at 06:23.

always liked schumacher ... Hed 'go through you for a shortcut

Just read this = disturbing !!

Grenoble, France: A person dressed as a priest, reportedly a journalist, tried to approach Michael Schumacher, who is in a coma and critical after a ski accident in France, his manager says.

"There have been several interesting incidents here at the hospital," Sabine Kehm told reporters on Tuesday in the Alpine city of Grenoble, where the Formula One legend is being treated following his off-piste accident on Sunday.

"There apparently was a person dressed-up as a priest, who tried to get near Michael. I am asking everyone to let the doctors work and leave the family spend peaceful time with Michael."

Read more: Michael Schumacher approached by 'fake priest' in hospital

He's like Lance Armstrong also imo.

One ball and on roids ??

He banged Cheryl Crow?

PadMC likes this.

fascinating peeps are always self centered for some reason

and they don't give a fuck about anyone else

^ 555.....he was good as the Stig...he could just be himself
    soupdragon and Dkdude like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    ^ 555.....he was good as the Stig...he could just be himself
    Himself ?? He had to be groomed by the Mercedes PR team on how to appear in public to stop him 'appearing' to be so arrogant.

Joking aside I do have a lot of respect for his achievements and wish him a speedy recovery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast