Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 152
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Rugby 2014

  1. #1
    Senior Member briofoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    290

    Rugby 2014

    The rundown to next year. ABs v Eng 4 times, my prediction 4 Zip.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    237
    Springboks to win the Rugby Championship and Wales the 6 Nations....

  3. #3
    Senior Member dontpanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,823
    France have an easier run in so I'll go for them, hopefully Ireland can continue on from the last game.

  4. #4
    Senior Member nelsonone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,862
    Quote Originally Posted by retepg View Post
    Springboks to win the Rugby Championship and Wales the 6 Nations....
    ah...so you are one of those betting the ABs will be beaten this year 555

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    ah...so you are one of those betting the ABs will be beaten this year 555
    Law of averages as much as anything. They have to lose sometime and I do think that the Springboks are on a bit of an upward curve.
    Australia are still a season away from hitting great form and the AB's may actually benefit from a loss or two.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Waharoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,157
    Although of more benefit would be if the All Blacks didn't lose until 2016...

  7. #7
    Super Moderator dawsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,222
    Quote Originally Posted by retepg View Post
    Springboks to win the Rugby Championship and Wales the 6 Nations....
    France for me in the 6 Nations. Wales appear to have many injury issues and I'm not sure they have quality replacements in the backs.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

    AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

  8. #8
    Senior Member nelsonone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,862
    Quote Originally Posted by retepg View Post
    Law of averages as much as anything. They have to lose sometime and I do think that the Springboks are on a bit of an upward curve.
    Australia are still a season away from hitting great form and the AB's may actually benefit from a loss or two.
    I don't see the Boks to be on an upward curve...they won their EOY matches as anticipated and remain firmly the second best team in the world

    Wobs do seem to be on an upward curve though....albeit from a much lower base

    Agree that it will be difficult for the ABs to better than 2013....hard to do that when you go undefeated...but see no reason why they can't do that again..at the sane time I wouldn't mind a loss or maybe even 2 this year running up to 2015 a RWC year...they do seem to respond well to a loss

    I like France for the 6N as well...too bad they can't choose all of the players they have in their Heinekin Cup teams 555

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    I don't see the Boks to be on an upward curve...they won their EOY matches as anticipated and remain firmly the second best team in the world
    I think that they were a far more settled team in 2013 compared to 2012. Plus they were a little less one dimentional.
    A lot will depend on dicapline and how the 'overseas' Boks perform.
    I am still not convinced that useing players who are based outside the country is the right way to go. Too many questions about for, fitness and their ability to slot in to paterns.

  10. #10
    Senior Member nelsonone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,862
    ^ But mostly it will depend on whether they can beat the ABs Pete.....even one at home in altitude...all other games are expected wins....and they may have more fun playing the Wobs in AUS this year than last as well

  11. #11
    Senior Member dontpanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,823
    News is that Sean O'Brien is heading to Toulon at the end of this season, apparantly on 200k with Leinster and being offered 500k with Toulon.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    ^ But mostly it will depend on whether they can beat the ABs Pete.....even one at home in altitude...all other games are expected wins....and they may have more fun playing the Wobs in AUS this year than last as well
    Nels it is prediction time... And there is a good reason that I make my living in the general workplace and not as a tipster 5555
    nelsonone likes this.

  13. #13
    Senior Member dontpanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,823
    So Wales stutter against Italy to win but Italy's tries came from 2welsh mistakes and as usual they didn't create much. Looking forward to France v England and a good few punters seem to be tipping England.

    Ireland have a few injyries and Schimdt has picked his best available 15 but the bench looks weak.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
    So Wales stutter against Italy to win but Italy's tries came from 2welsh mistakes and as usual they didn't create much. Looking forward to France v England and a good few punters seem to be tipping England.

    Ireland have a few injyries and Schimdt has picked his best available 15 but the bench looks weak.
    The first Welsh try cam from a glaring Italian mistake so that makes them about even 555 Not a great game and Wales will need to up tempo quite a bit if they want to win the championship.

    France, England was a much better game and what an end........
    Coolhand likes this.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Coolhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Middlesex
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by retepg View Post

    France, England was a much better game and what an end........
    …. if you're French! England should have done a better job of closing the game down.
    retepg likes this.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolhand View Post
    …. if you're French! England should have done a better job of closing the game down.
    There missed lineout 5 meters out with 12 minutes to go cost them big time. Any sort of score then would have put the game out of reach for France...

  17. #17
    Senior Member dontpanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,823
    Yeh didn't see the first half of the Welsh game, credit to Italy for hanging in there, they definitely aren't there to make up the numbers any more and hopefully make some progress after last year. England were quite unlucky but they were out on their feet, I noticed France hardly committed a player beyond the tackler at the breakdown which surely helped their attrition.

    Ireland V Scotland on at 3pm today so lets get this thread going again, we've a other 6 nations weekend next week.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,238
    England game was a real kick in the guts. England will need to be smarter than that, they should have closed the game down in the last 15 minutes. What happened to the old English 'Up the Jumper' hiding it in the forwards stuff?

    It should be a good Six Nations but I'm really not sure I want to watch another game like that!

  19. #19
    Senior Member dontpanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,823
    So Scotland looked muck and completely void of ideas barring inching it up the pitch, confidently predict they'll get the wooden spoon, Ireland did what they had to do and put in a competent performance and were unlucky not to put over a couple of more tries, big test against Wales on Saturday, no injuries to report and POC is due back after a chest infection, pleasantly surprised with the replacements yesterday.

  20. #20
    Senior Member dontpanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,823
    Welsh team to face Ireland on Sunday - L Halfpenny; A Cuthbert, S Williams, J Roberts, G North; R Priestland, M Phillips; G Jenkins, R Hibbard, A Jones, A Coombs, A-W Jones, D Lydiate, S Warburton (capt), T Faletau.

    Replacements:
    K Owens, P James, R Jones, J Ball, J Tipuric, R Webb, J Hook, L Williams.

    As expected Tipuric out for Warburton

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •