Thread: Honda Spacy-i

Honda Spacy-i

My (step) daughter is making her University debut, next week.

She has done so well in school always, and I promised her a new motorbike when she starts at the Uni.

At first she wanted a Yamaha Fino, but has since switched preference to a Honda Spacy. They both look about the same, with 115cc and around 45K baht. (I think they're both the trendy "chic" rides for the Uni girls now)

When I saw it, I remarked that the only man who could ride it, would have to be "gay". Malee laughed and said "is a lady bike". 555

I also wondered about buying it in the home province, and shipping it to the University locale...in a different province? Licensing and later re-licensing, tax and insurance etc. The temporary red tag and what to do when the permanent plate arrives, and so on? (I think too mutt)

"No ploblem..I'm told". 555

Attachment 286
    Last edited by Pablo; 20th May 2013 at 15:47.

much better choice than the Fino pabs.....good solid engineering on those

Brakes were always a problem on the Fino...+ the technology on those is very old these days

^^^^

Thanks Nels'.

I was hoping to get some input of that type.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    My (step) daughter is making her University debut, next week.

She has done so well in school always, and I promised her a new motorbike when she starts at the Uni.

At first she wanted a Yamaha Fino, but has since switched preference to a Honda Spacy. They both look about the same, with 115cc and around 45K baht. (I think they're both the trendy "chic" rides for the Uni girls now)

When I saw it, I remarked that the only man who could ride it, would have to be "gay". Malee laughed and said "is a lady bike". 555

I also wondered about buying it in the home province, and shipping it to the University locale...in a different province? Licensing and later re-licensing, tax and insurance etc. The temporary red tag and what to do when the permanent plate arrives, and so on? (I think too mutt)

"No ploblem..I'm told". 555

Attachment 286
    Has she asked you to get her a TOM yet 5555555555? Very trendy for young Uni girls these days!!!!

You can always tell a Yamaha scooter starting up by how long it takes to fire up.

But they have more "gay colours" if that's your thing 555!

Honda - every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    Has she asked you to get her a TOM yet 5555555555? Very trendy for young Uni girls these days!!!!
    555....that'll take some lickin'....555

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbaz View Post
    You can always tell a Yamaha scooter starting up by how long it takes to fire up.
    You`ve obviously never heard a Mio 125 start up then?

I have 7 Yamaha bikes and they've been very good......a few small electricity problems, but nothing big. I think Yamaha and Honda is equal on quality, but I would stay away from Suzuki scooters.............

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    I have 7 Yamaha bikes and they've been very good......a few small electricity problems, but nothing big. I think Yamaha and Honda is equal on quality, but I would stay away from Suzuki scooters.............
    I would say Yamaha are second to Honda, also if Kawasaki had any volume in Thailand I would be placing them 2nd and in some cases 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    I would say Yamaha are second to Honda, also if Kawasaki had any volume in Thailand I would be placing them 2nd and in some cases 1st
    I got 3 Honda Waves as well and they've been very good. Only Honda model I stay away from is the first Click.....people have loads of mechanical problems with them on KP.

My mistake on the OP...

Turns out to be a "Honda Scoopy-i" motorbike @ 47K baht.

Sort of ugly I think, but it's the "chic-ride" nowadays for the Uni' girls, I'm told. 555

Attachment 348
    Last edited by Pablo; 27th May 2013 at 11:35. Reason: spl

I was going to comment that it was an odd uni girl choice and the scoopy was more the style.. comes in a new special edition color scheme every couple of months.

I hear it's better than the fino.. but never ridden one.
    Last edited by LivinLOS; 27th May 2013 at 13:11.

Man, just goes to show the different mind sets... east vs west. Just the thought of buying one of my boys a motorbike, of any cc, gives me dark visions of late night phone calls from hospitals!55

I suppose scooters don't have safety ratings?...sigh....

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    I was going to comment that it was an of uni girl choice and the scoopy was more the style.. comes in a new special edition color scheme every couple of months.

I hear it's better than the fino.. but never ridden one.

Yeah, they had a couple of pink-blue girlie colored ones in the dealership, but the kid chose the white one.

My girls got a pink Scoopy,just a Click with different bits bolted on it.

Do Fino still have the carb and manual choke? that was their major down fall,pr1ck to start most of the time.

The Scoopy is a good bike. We rent a few and they are nearly always out. Like all Honda bikes here they hold a good value for resale. The motor is 108cc, same as the earlier Clicks, but Clicks had fluid cooling, the Scoopys are aircooled. The latest models have the indicators built into the panels, better option than having them hanging out like a spare pr!ck at a wedding.

yep...still a better/more advanced girly scoot than the Fino...fuel injection and braking system two of the most important features....and as Brian says will have better resale value as well

Quote Originally Posted by slampay View Post
    Man, just goes to show the different mind sets... east vs west. Just the thought of buying one of my boys a motorbike, of any cc, gives me dark visions of late night phone calls from hospitals!55

I suppose scooters don't have safety ratings?...sigh....
    I'm sure Thailand adheres very strongly to standards like ENCAP.

I still wouldn't want to hit one, mainly because my car is made from tin foil.