Thread: Mayweather-Alvarez-YES

Mayweather-Alvarez-YES

now this is a legit frigging fight!
    the anticipation to see Mayweather fight this young, much bigger kid will be huge

and Manny is fighting Brandon Rios, another fight that should be pretty good

good to see these guys fighting the up and comers and see how it goes

i think if they both win, they absolutely fight each other next

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    now this is a legit frigging fight!
    the anticipation to see Mayweather fight this young, much bigger kid will be huge

and Manny is fighting Brandon Rios, another fight that should be pretty good

good to see these guys fighting the up and comers and see how it goes

i think if they both win, they absolutely fight each other next
    What date/s are they being held on as if they are being held in the States, we would normally get to see them early Sunday mornings/lunchtimes here in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by greenwood View Post
    What date/s are they being held on as if they are being held in the States, we would normally get to see them early Sunday mornings/lunchtimes here in Australia
    i believe Mayweather us Spet14 and Manny's fight in November

I think Floyd wants to fight him now at the age of 22, rather than when he hits his peak in a couple of years time. I reckon it will be a hum-dinger..
    Pattaya Pattaya - Phuuying love u mak mak

Quote Originally Posted by dan boy View Post
    I think Floyd wants to fight him now at the age of 22, rather than when he hits his peak in a couple of years time. I reckon it will be a hum-dinger..
    you definitely right but still a bit surprised he took that fight

and like i said, Manny is not going to have a cake walk with Brandon Rios either

Before I saw Mayweather's last fight I would have rated this fight a tossup. But now I see that Floyd skills have hardly diminished, so I think he will win. I can't see anyone beating him until he ages a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    Before I saw Mayweather's last fight I would have rated this fight a tossup. But now I see that Floyd skills have hardly diminished, so I think he will win. I can't see anyone beating him until he ages a bit more.
    what i am worried about is Alvarez is so much bigger that Floyd is just going to stick and move and pick him apart, which will diminish excitement
    I think it be a huge upset if Alvarez won
    but will still be interesting and the Mexicans will be going crazy. It is on their Independence Day weekend

^Yeah, the Mexicans will be going crazy, which Mayweather loves. Great atmosphere for the fights; always bring tons of big gamblers....lots of money flowing around. Should be a great weekend.

So this is where you guys are hiding. Thought I had lost contact forever. Thanks Bill for the heads up. Since PI went down there are a lot of us in limbo.

Watched a re-run of Mayweather v Gatti last night. Fckin hell, was he on a different planet that night, albeit Gatti was limited and made for him. However, that may be, Floyd was electric. I think he has slowed down a bit since those days...
    Pattaya Pattaya - Phuuying love u mak mak