Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Moto GP & WSB 2014

Moto GP & WSB 2014

So the new seasons start in Qatar is barely a month away (23rd March) and current MotoGP champion Marc Marquez has broken his leg.

BBC Sport - Marc Marquez: MotoGP world champion breaks right leg

RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Incidentally, anyone with a decent broadband connection and uncapped data can watch the new Moto GP season being screened in the UK on BT Sport on this website.

Wiziwig.tv | Live sports schedules. Watch free streams and the best sports events live on your pc.

Bt Sport 1 Live Stream | Bt Sport 1 Live Streaming

A very good site for all sports screened on Sky ,Setanta, Eurosport, and BT Sport and free with no sign ups.

He's going to have to work hard when he gets back - not to mention during rehab.

As he says though, lucky it was a clean break !

^ Marquez has incredible talent and appears to be able to do the impossible. Would have loved to have seen him up against Stoner at his peak. I honestly believe he is as good as Stoner was, and will become one of the all time greats. Only Lorenzo presents him with any challenge on the track presently.

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    ^ Marquez has incredible talent and appears to be able to do the impossible. Would have loved to have seen him up against Stoner at his peak. I honestly believe he is as good as Stoner was, and will become one of the all time greats. Only Lorenzo presents him with any challenge on the track presently.
    I agree. Then again I thought Doohan was similar but the luck of the draw when surviving the inevitable crashes also plays a big part in a riders record.
    That is something Vale has had to his advantage IMO...few significant injuries. Looking at Marco, one could be excused for thinking he may not be so lucky, but again most of the greats started out with a lot of crashes earlier in their careers.

It's good to see racing back again!

I'm still a little confused with the 'Evo' bikes and rules cin WSBK. As I understand they will eventually next year be the class and at some point this year be given better tyres than the WSBK bikes to make them more competitive over race distance?

I must say without going into it, at this stage it sounds a little like political correctness...I HATE political correctness

Am I right in assuming this is 1am Thai time Monday morning ??

The race starts at 7pm UK time, so yes, 1am Thai time.

A good link to watch it if you can't get BTSport

Wiziwig.tv | Free Live Sports Streams on your PC. Watch Live Football, MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL and more... > live television> motorsport

Edit, I see I posted this link before.
    Last edited by dawsey; 23rd March 2014 at 01:02.

Watching qualifying now, and the new rules brought in by Dorna are ruining the sport IMO. The Yamaha and Honda factory bikes are being penalised and literally pushed down the grid by stupid rules. Rossi has been quoted as saying he has never ridden a slower MotoGP bike ever.

Some spectacular falls in practice yesterday and Bradley Smith very fortunate not to have been flattened by his bike after a high side.

Watching qualifying now, and the new rules brought in by Dorna are ruining the sport IMO.
    OK I will be totally honest and say I havent followed the changes, so will have a read today..

But this really annoys me, why cant the pinnacle of the sport, be about simply going the fastest (with safety constraints).. F1 has been hobbled like this and lost a huge amount of appeal.. Think Group B rally.. Etc etc.. Let them push to the max they can achieve.

Well that was a cracking race!
    The final couple of laps Marquez and Rossi could hardly be separated. That reminded me of Catalunya 2009!
    Smith, Bautista and Lorenzo all found the gravel and Crutchlow had an issue and only just finished.

1 Marquez
    2 Rossi
    3 Pedrosa

fuck fuck fuck..

Awake for moto3.. Tired and nodding for moto2.. Even set an alarm on my phone.. Woke up for the GP, but couldnt stay.. Passed out in a minute or two.. Shouldnt have had those after dinner drinks !!

Even went and paid for the GMMHD platinum yesterday for that !! Fox sports HD so much sharper than the Star Sports version.

Back to piratebay I go.. Sigh..

Too late to stay up to watch, after reading reports online, looked like Rossi is back to his oldself. Too early to say that...but hopefully it will be an entertaining season.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    fuck fuck fuck..

Awake for moto3.. Tired and nodding for moto2.. Even set an alarm on my phone.. Woke up for the GP, but couldnt stay.. Passed out in a minute or two.. Shouldnt have had those after dinner drinks !!

Even went and paid for the GMMHD platinum yesterday for that !! Fox sports HD so much sharper than the Star Sports version.

Back to piratebay I go.. Sigh..
    555 If you can't find a stream, ITV4 are showing an hours highlights of every race at 8pm UK time on Monday nights. Mind you you'll probably be pissed for the reruns as well!
    Don't know what the situation is re getting ITV player in LOS?

ITV4 Home

I can get all the 'players' via a IP spoof system..

But unless you do like the iplayer desktop and download them, they dont look HD, they have a bit of fuzzyness to them, as my net tops out for streaming the full HD.

I know some people dont care, but I would rather wait a few hours and have the torrent in pin sharp 1080p focus.. Just adds to it so much at a pretty minor time penalty. Even watching standard def sat feeds is ugly now, I mean OK for news or something but not for entertainment viewing.

555 If you can't find a stream, ITV4 are showing an hours highlights of every race at 8pm UK time on Monday nights. Mind you you'll probably be pissed for the reruns as well!

ITV4 Home
    A good few ways of doing it

Install Zenmate plugin to Chrome Browser and set the IP to UK, then you can use all manner of catchup stuff

Alternatives are a subscribed VPN I have that too; ExpressVPN and furthermore you can subscribe to a service such as ThaiExpatTV which has the UK terrestrial channels

Qualifying finished an hour or so ago and Marquez broke the track record twice to finish ahead of Pedrosa and Bradl.

Top Yamaha was Alex Espargaro in 4th which was a great effort.

motogp.com Marquez on pole for second race of the year

Any idea WTF happened with Jorge?

That was the strangest start I've ever seen since me on mini bikes many years ago.

I also noticed from the onboard looking back that Vale was spinning up and fishtailing a treat. Have to say it's the first time I've seen that since the good old days of the 2 strokes. Traction control fail?

The Yamaha's just weren't at the races at all. Rossi started well and just slipped further back as the race went on. Tyre problems I believe.

Only 2 races in and Marquez looks unstoppable unless he has a big one and is out injured for a while. Reported at the time Crutchlow broke his hand in a fall. Anyone confirm this?

What a great result in today's race.

I have to admit to being jaded by Vale's past all conquering feats and what I perceived to be his rising ego at the time (and aggressive riding attitude), but today it was all Rossi and I think nearly every cnut in Australia was probably riding him home.
    Just a good news day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast