Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Windows 8 - don't like it !

Windows 8 - don't like it !

Bought a new notebook that uses windows 8. Was previously using windows vista that was a lot more user friendly imo.. One thing that really has p1ssed me off is the photo gallery. The old function to 'fix' your photos is no longer there. There is an in-built photo editor, but after editing one photo you don't have the ability to scroll to the next photo. Had to download Picasso 3.9, which sh1ts upon the windows 8 photo gallery functions.......... You would think the daft cnuts at Microsoft could have made a better fist of it.....
    Pattaya Pattaya - Phuuying love u mak mak

What really annoys me about upgrades is all the changes they make with the commands for Word and Excel. Have to learn it all over again.

Tried it for a couple of days using a Virtual Machine on my Macbook, couldn't stand it, much prefer Mac, but use a Windows 7 PC at work all day and that's much more user friendly.

I bought a new laptop a few months ago and it came with Windows 8. Fucking hate it.

It would appear you guys aren't the only ones!

http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2013...oft-windows-8/

Thank God. I want the start button back and also to have it boot straight to the desktop instead of that other irritating screen. Looks like those are two things the update will address.

windows 7 is fine ,alot better than stupid vista,more like an updated XP IMHO,i am not switching to 8!

Quote Originally Posted by tnlawyer View Post
    I bought a new laptop a few months ago and it came with Windows 8. Fucking hate it.
    + 1

When I got my new pc couple of months ago I got my computer guy to uninstall Windows 8 and install windows 7.
    known as josho86 from PI forums

Quote Originally Posted by tnlawyer View Post
    Thank God. I want the start button back and also to have it boot straight to the desktop instead of that other irritating screen. Looks like those are two things the update will address.
    Try this program IObit Start Menu 8 Free download, Bring Start Menu back to Windows 8
    What doesStart Menu 8 do?
    Start Menu 8 is specially designed for Windows 8. It offers a perfect solution for users who work with Windows Start Menu all the time and are not accustomed to the new Metro start screen in Windows 8. This smart tool brings back both the start button and Windows Start Menu, and offers the option to skip Metro start page, allowing users who only work on desktop to boot to Windows 8 desktop directly. It's the best start menu replacement for Windows 8.

Quote Originally Posted by andmel View Post

Thanks! I'll take a look at it.

Yes
    I bought a laptop with windows 8...terrible OS,I gave up took it back to the shop and WIN 7 put on,much better.

So many people are downgrading from 8.

Microsoft 'U-turn' sees Start button back on Windows 8

BBC News - Microsoft 'U-turn' sees Start button back on Windows 8

Every time Windows upgrade/change I wait at least 1-2 years before I download it......Had XP until 2 years ago then I changed to 7. Looks like I'm going to stick to that for a while longer...
    Last edited by geir; 31st May 2013 at 16:35. Reason: noggenglish
    PadMC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dan boy View Post
    Bought a new notebook that uses windows 8. Was previously using windows vista that was a lot more user friendly imo.. One thing that really has p1ssed me off is the photo gallery. The old function to 'fix' your photos is no longer there. There is an in-built photo editor, but after editing one photo you don't have the ability to scroll to the next photo. Had to download Picasso 3.9, which sh1ts upon the windows 8 photo gallery functions.......... You would think the daft cnuts at Microsoft could have made a better fist of it.....
    Windows 8.1 is apparently bringing back the start menu.

Fook me if they didn't do the same thing with Windows Server 2012. Fooking pain in the arse to find anything there. It took my college 1/2 an hour to find the restart function. I lost patience after 30 seconds and did it through the command line.

Quote Originally Posted by ub2yoo View Post
    True, I couldn't find the restart button on Win8 either first, had to google it ;-)

But then again, once you know, next time it takes only 3 seconds ... if you are reasonably intelligent.

I think they fixed that nicely, why were we all before going to a Start button to shutdown a machine anyways? ;-)
    Yep, but it's an utter PITA considering my servers are 1/2 a city away and the lag on the UI over RDP on 100 Mbit fibre is fecking awful.

Most people dont like change

I've been on Windows 8 a while now and get on okay with it. It starts up a lot quicker and i like the free and cheap applications just like mobile phones

It does take a bit of getting used to in accessing system, tools, control panel etc

I've had it a week now, and its different, but I'm getting my things where I want them, and for most of my needs it just works. (Mousepad with gestures is quite nice actually.)

I couldn't stand Vista when I got it preinstalled on my last laptop. I wiped it and put back on XP... I eventually went and bought my own copy Win 7 ultimate. Its a total racket that most hardware vendors don't give you the option to buy their Laptop/PC without the OS installed, a lot of peeps are now using Linux desktop OS's, umbutu is always popular.

^ maybe, but there's no doubt its getting more popular as a desktop environment for people who know a bit more than the basics about computers.

Of course they should adjust for the future, but they could do that by offering two UI's and let the user choose which one to use as the default UI.

I have only tried Windows 8 in a virtual machine, but it seems crazy to have a mobile UI on a big screen. And then comes the difficulty navigating the thing. It will be much easier for a Windows 7 user to go to say Linux Mint than it would be going to Windows 8.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast