Thread: Froch v Groves 2

Froch v Groves 2

Anyone looking forward to this one? Here's hoping Froch gets put on his arse.

It's on in the pub here so I will probably go watch it there, I refuse to do the PPV - Sky costs me plenty already.

I'm hoping Froch has one more big fight left in him and wins, he's been brilliant over the years.

I hope Froch destroys the arrogant weirdo that is George Groves.

Two ways to look at it IMO; Either Froch completely underestimated Groves in the last fight and his poor performance was due to complacency. This time he prepares properly and hands Groves a beating.
    Or Froch has had 1 or 2 hard fights too many, and has in boxing terms grown old overnight. The second scenario would lead to a very similar fight to the 1st one IMO...
    Pattaya Pattaya - Phuuying love u mak mak

Quote Originally Posted by dan boy View Post
    I hope Froch destroys the arrogant weirdo that is George Groves.

Two ways to look at it IMO; Either Froch completely underestimated Groves in the last fight and his poor performance was due to complacency. This time he prepares properly and hands Groves a beating.
    Or Froch has had 1 or 2 hard fights too many, and has in boxing terms grown old overnight. The second scenario would lead to a very similar fight to the 1st one IMO...
    Agreed, though I'm inclined towards thinking Froch was undercooked and thought he could just whup him, Groves being an ex sparring partner and all.

I didn't used to like Froch at all... then Groves came along and I'm a Froch fan...

This must be a north/south thing

Think Groves can do it , hopefully in the 5th , 6th or 7th ....
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

Nearly. Knocked him out clean In the 8th

I though Froch won the first 6 rounds with controlled jabbing and only the occasional Groves hit getting through. Round 7 was Grove's best round and the 8th may have headed his way as well until Froch's superb set up and finish...

Still... what has become of boxing when these two journeymen bring in an 80,000 crowd... gees. Sugar Ray Leonard and Marvin Hagler must be shaking their heads...

Journeymen ????? what a laugh, 4 time World champion !
    Pattaya Pattaya - Phuuying love u mak mak

Just shows the state of boxing in my opinion. I used to be excited by boxing in the 1980's... it's been a long time since I saw a boxer that gave me goosebumps...

Froch is a warrior; never ducked a fight, never quit in a fight, still able to compete with the best in the wrld at the age of 36. I wouldn't call him a journeyman,

Just my opinion. I guess we were spoilt in the 80's. Raised our expectations which have been rarely reached since... there doesn't seem to be boxing artists any more... seems to be more about personalities.

The 80s were a golden age for middleweights for sure, I do wish Chris Eubank would bugger off into the sunset now though...