Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Sirgezza
  • 1 Post By Steve@thaib

Thread: Ched Evans Saga

Ched Evans Saga

I'm not sure how to look at this.

On the one hand, he's a convicted rapist and shouldn't be afforded the privilege that comes with being a professional sportsman.

On the other hand, he's done his time and should be allowed to go back to what he does for a living. If he's prevented from earning a living he's punished twice for the same crime.

I'm minded to think he should be allowed to get on with his life but the strength of feeling against him seems to be huge.

BBC Sport - Ched Evans: Oldham may pull out of deal to sign convicted rapist

What were the details of the rape? Is he the one where he and his mate had a threesome with a girl when she was p1ssed?

There have been a couple of players in last 10 years who did time for death by dangerous driving. A keeper who i think went to Plymouth and Lee Hughes. Both have had careers post release. And how about Marlon King, the guy been in and out of prison and seemed to get a club everytime.

Sounds like it:

https://www.crimeline.info/case/r-v-...-chedwyn-evans

Reading through that I would say he's a horrid asshole but unlucky to be convicted of rape.

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    There have been a couple of players in last 10 years who did time for death by dangerous driving. A keeper who i think went to Plymouth and Lee Hughes. Both have had careers post release. And how about Marlon King, the guy been in and out of prison and seemed to get a club everytime.
    I think a lot of the problem seems to be that it's a rape conviction and he hasn't shown or expressed any remorse; there's an appeal ongoing.

Always thought it odd that his mate got off... you'd think either both were guilty or both not guilty. Not an either/or...

^^ how can you show remorse if you don't believe you are guilty. I think this happened in Rhyl or Prestatyn area and from memory social media sites said that this was not the first time the girl had a 3some. IIRC, she only made the allegation of rape after it became known to her friends that she had a threesome. I'm not defending the guy but the circumstances behind the allegation sound iffy, there again the jury heard the whole case and found him guilty.

It also seems a little political, having dragged in comments from various parties trying to score points.

His mate got off because it was ruled that she was sober when she agreed to have sex with him, therefore she was capable of consent. It was ruled that she was totally p1ssed when she agreed to have sex with Evans, therefore that is classed as rape as she was not capable of giving consent. That is my memory of what was reported some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirgezza View Post
    His mate got off because it was ruled that she was sober when she agreed to have sex with him, therefore she was capable of consent. It was ruled that she was totally p1ssed when she agreed to have sex with Evans, therefore that is classed as rape as she was not capable of giving consent. That is my memory of what was reported some time ago.
    OK. I was just reading that link Steve provided and she seemed pretty hammered when she met his mate first up... going by CCTV footage and what the taxi man said etc. But who knows...

Maybe pretty hammered, but the ruling was that she was sober enough to give consent. How someone can judge the point at which someone else is too p1ssed to give consent is a difficult call IMO.
    Waharoa likes this.

She had traces of cannabis and cocaine, CCTV showed she was wasted and she claimed to have no memory of the whole event. She's not shown herself in a very good light and that's being polite. It must have been a fairly close call to prosecute it as rape I would have thought.

He's done his time though, regardless of the rights and wrongs of the conviction, and I don't see why he shouldn't be able to go back to work. As NH said previously it seems to have gotten political and that seems wrong to me. I wouldn't want him dating my sister, but I think if he's done his time we should maybe let the guy get back to work.
    steve w likes this.

has anybody on here ever had sex with some girl who was pissed,i know i have back in the day,it was a joke back in the 80's to look in the morning who you woke up with!

i do not condone rape in any form,but i think ched (stupid name) has done his time,still thinks he did nothing wrong,ok that bit might be a problem,but the girl must have some idea of what she was doing otherwise how could she talk in court about what happened,just my take on it

^I know I have been so drunk that I don't remember having sex... but I obviously did...

Less endearing (to me) is that he wanted to shag someone his mate had just shagged... which isn't illegal, just an unappealing character trait for me... phoning your mates to follow on...

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    ^I know I have been so drunk that I don't remember having sex... but I obviously did...

Less endearing (to me) is that he wanted to shag someone his mate had just shagged... which isn't illegal, just an unappealing character trait for me... phoning your mates to follow on...
    Yes. You wouldn't want the guy dating your sister but is sneaky sloppy seconds really rape?