Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Rugby 2015

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Downloadable fixture list | RBS 6 Nations fixture list : RBS 6 Nations | Official Website

Handy if you use any of the online calenders.. Now all in my google scheduling..
    That is cool, all in my calendar now

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    Save your money Sef.555
    Unless you follow French rugby, their international side is almost unrecognisable from last season. Many unknown faces to me.

Re Farrell, excellent defence and kicking from the tee, but nothing in attack. Looks like his Dad has finally been overruled anyway seeing Ford is the man in possession.
    Farrell has a nasty streak too and not in a good way. Not unlike Hartley who is fast becoming a liability.
    Agree re Hartley. All over the press about him seing a sports physcologist to try and get himself under control and then a yellow card last weekend, potty. He just makes himself a target for the wind up merchants who know they can get under his skin. A very good player when he's on the pitch though.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Downloadable fixture list | RBS 6 Nations fixture list : RBS 6 Nations | Official Website

Handy if you use any of the online calenders.. Now all in my google scheduling..
    I never knew you were a rugby fan Sef? Or should I say I haven't noticed you commenting on rugby before...

Bulls vs Saracens 39 - 26.

In London.

Any comments?

Two reserve sides, but not a bad hit-out. My only comment is that all European sides should have synthetic pitches like Saracens... and funny when they interviewed players from both sides afterwards, there were only SA'n accents to be heard... 55

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    I never knew you were a rugby fan Sef? Or should I say I haven't noticed you commenting on rugby before...
    I love watching good rugby.. Very much.. But i dont 'follow' it that much.. Team lineups developing players etc..

Scrappy TV coverage and the last few years not having TV in the house..

Wales pick a very strong team for Warburton's 50th cap on Friday night,

Leigh Halfpenny (Toulon); Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues), Jonathan Davies (ASM Clermont Auvergne), Jamie Roberts (Racing Metro), George North (Northampton Saints); Dan Biggar (Ospreys), Rhys Webb (Ospreys); Gethin Jenkins (Cardiff Blues), Richard Hibbard (Gloucester), Samson Lee (Scarlets), Jake Ball (Scarlets), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), Dan Lydiate (Ospreys), Sam Warburton (Cardiff Blues, Capt), Taulupe Faletau (Newport Gwent Dragons).
    Replacements: Scott Baldwin (Ospreys), Paul James (Bath Rugby), Aaron Jarvis (Ospreys), Luke Charteris (Racing Metro), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Mike Phillips (Racing Metro), Rhys Priestland (Scarlets), Liam Williams (Scarlets).

Yeah, I don't think they could have picked a stronger one. England would struggle at full strength. I can't see anything but a Wales win...

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    Yeah, I don't think they could have picked a stronger one. England would struggle at full strength. I can't see anything but a Wales win...
    At full strength, England could win. If they have ambitions of winning the RWC, they had better be winning these games.
    But I agree, Wales will win this one and possibly by a few points too. England have been decimated with injuries and although Stuart Lancaster is saying all the right things he must know England's chances are slim to zero on Friday.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    At full strength, England could win. If they have ambitions of winning the RWC, they had better be winning these games.
    But I agree, Wales will win this one and possibly by a few points too. England have been decimated with injuries and although Stuart Lancaster is saying all the right things he must know England's chances are slim to zero on Friday.
    I don't think England need to win these games. They will play at Twickenham in the world cup... and that's a whole different ball game. Even if they lose to Wales by 20 points on Friday.. I till think it will be England and Australia who come out of their world cup group...

6 changes for England, one could be forgiven for recognising more names on the subs bench than on the starting 15.

Mike Brown (Harlequins); Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby), Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby), Luther Burrell (Northampton Saints), Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby); George Ford (Bath Rugby), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers); Joe Marler (Harlequins), Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints), Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers), Dave Attwood (Bath Rugby), George Kruis (Saracens), James Haskell (Wasps), Chris Robshaw (Harlequins, capt), Billy Vunipola (Saracens)
    Replacements: Tom Youngs (Leicester Tigers), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), Kieran Brookes (Newcastle Falcons), Nick Easter (Harlequins), Tom Croft (Leicester Tigers), Richard Wigglesworth (Saracens), Danny Cipriani (Sale Sharks), Billy Twelvetrees (Gloucester Rugby)

Bad enough the French are hoovering up all the club talent but now are importing into their national side too as Saffa scrum-half Rory Kockott gets his first start.

France: Scott Spedding, Yoann Huget, Mathieu Bastareaud, Wesley Fofana, Teddy Thomas, Camille Lopez, Rory Kockott; Alexandre Menini, Guilhem Guirado, Rabah Slimani, Pascal Pape, Yoann Maestri, Thierry Dusautoir (capt), Damien Chouly, Bernard Le Roux. Replacements:Benjamin Kayser, Uini Atonio, Eddy Ben Arous, Romain Taofifenua, Loann Goujon, Morgan Parra, Remi Tales, Remi Lamerat.

Good to see Sean O'Brien make a return for Ireland but a weak enough bench and no Jamie Heaslip due to injury, decent looking centre parnership too.

15 Rob Kearney, 14 Tommy Bowe, 13 Jared Payne, 12 Robbie Henshaw, 11 Simon Zebo, 10 Ian Keatley, 9 Conor Murray, 8 Jordi Murphy, 7 Sean O’Brien, 6 Peter O’Mahony, 5 Paul O’Connell (captain), 4 Devin Toner, 3 Mike Ross, 2 Rory Best, 1 Jack McGrath.Replacements:*16 Sean Cronin, 17 James Cronin, 18 Marty Moore, 19 Iain Henderson, 20 Tommy O'Donnell, 21 Isaac Boss, 22 Ian Madigan, 23 Felix Jones.

England actually isn't far off what I would pick as their best team. Add in Lawes, Tuilagi and Corbisiero and that would be their best side for me. Haskell adds some balance to the backrow.
    Is Heaslip injured DP?

Yes Heaslip ruled out by literally a couple of days, he'll be missed as we need our best front 8 against the Italians however Jordi Murphy has proved an able replacement at Leinster for him so it's good to see him get a run in what should be a tough game. Ticket prices for the French game next week have reached epic levels especially after a couple of 100 went "missing" in the post this week.

Show time. That Welsh anthem is something else; awesome. Cardiff must be an amazing place to be tonight.
    jackal likes this.

leigh Halfpenny is a machine, anything inside the halfway line and he's going to kick it. England don't look like they are going to get flogged, but I don't see how they are going to win at the moment

halfpenny misses 5555

16-8 england still in touch ,but need to be tighter,stop giving away penalties

England have lit up the second half, if they keep this up they can win. Fair play to England for the half time analysis

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast