Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Rugby 2015

I hope Samoa win today and Japan go through... because I don't think Scotland have a hope in hell of beating either of Australia or Wales... but Japan... they could do something...

My first post in this thread , I just want the (short lived) chance to gloat ! 555555

Scotland will play Australia or Wales in the Rugby World Cup quarter-finals
    jackal likes this.

Aussie defence unbelievable 2 men down. Can't believe Wales hasn't scored.

I think Wales are showing they are a bit one dimensional. Not being able to create an overlap with two extra men is pretty poor... and Australia are being very cute, allied with fantastic defence...

They should also have taken the 3 points at the start of the extra two men period...

Quote Originally Posted by faultytowers View Post
    My first post in this thread , I just want the (short lived) chance to gloat ! 555555
    Even if Scotland beat Australia, Egypt will knock them out... 55

Wales brave but predictable. Cuthbert again totally anonymous and hardly had a touch. Is there no other winger in Wales?
    Australia loosehead boring in at every scrum same same Joe Marler and not pinged once!
    Great defence from the Aussies and I feel Wales lost their chance today to play and beat Scotland. SA is their final game.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    Not with the bookies.
    Home Draw Away
    16:45 France v Ireland
    (+2.0)
    evens
    (2.0)
    22/1
    (-2.0)
    evens
    Must be a french bookie!

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    Because I happen to think France have the beating of Ireland. I also believe they are capable of reaching the final.
    I could also be wildly wrong 555
    Ireland is on a high at the moment...coming out of a recession and beat the world champions in football on thursday...for such a small country we are amazing...also we will be in the rugby world cup final with nz...and then ill make a prediction on the winner...just wish brian o driscoll was 4 years younger to play in it!

The dropping of Henderson is a sign of intent as Toner is practically unstoppable in the lineout, I agree Henderson didn't deserve to be dropped on the basis of performance as he has been outstanding.

Great game with Wales V Australia, I couldn't believe Wales kept bringing the ball into contact when it was 15 V 13, there had to have been overlaps but some outstanding defence from the Aussies, a bit reminiscent of the Welsh defence against Ireland in the 6 nations.

Scotland got a scare against Samoa but it's now impossible for Japan to qualify, Australia will easily beat them and get a handy enough path to the semi's.

Quote Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post

Great game with Wales V Australia, I couldn't believe Wales kept bringing the ball into contact when it was 15 V 13, there had to have been overlaps but some outstanding defence from the Aussies, a bit reminiscent of the Welsh defence against Ireland in the 6 nations.
    To be fair to Wales they did get over the try line a couple of times...its just that they were held up with some outstanding desperation try saving tackles...I don't think I can recall a game where defence was so imperative in the win as this one so far in this RWC...

A stark difference in the AUS win over england which was achieved by some brilliant attack...this pool has produced 3 outstanding matches well worthy of QF or SF status..in fact the best 3 matches of the tournament so far
    Last edited by nelsonone; 11th October 2015 at 03:06.
    jackal likes this.

England 60 Uruguay 3

When Joseph came on for Farrell and Slade went to 12 that showed the folly of moving Joseph to the wing against Australia when May was injured, and not having faith in Nowell and Slade on the bench.
    There were some slick moves created tonight albeit against a very 2nd tier team.

I still see no reason to change my favourite as Australia.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

ha ha ha last week living in wales i got the piss ripped out of me totally ,with calmness i said ,ok best team on the night etc

wales lost the rugby and the football tonight,nobody wanted a discussion like last week 555555

But Wales qualified for the football Euros and the world cup quarterfinals tonight... they should be ecstatic...
    jackal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    But Wales qualified for the football Euros and the world cup quarterfinals tonight... they should be ecstatic...
    In a state of disbelief actually
    Waharoa likes this.

Could be an epic day for Irish sport with Ireland V France in the rugby followed by Poland V Ireland in the football, with a chance to qualify outright for the Euro's for the first time in years.

R. Ireland were in Euro 2012

Well played Ireland. Out passioned France. But lost a lot of players to injury.... will be half the reserves playing next week...

Damn France in Cardiff again next week... it was written in the stars... who will be the ref?

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    R. Ireland were in Euro 2012
    Yes through a playoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    Well played Ireland. Out passioned France. But lost a lot of players to injury.... will be half the reserves playing next week...

Damn France in Cardiff again next week... it was written in the stars... who will be the ref?
    New Zealand will hammer France based on that performance. Great performance by Ireland and in particular by the subs. O'Brien will surely get at least a one match ban for that punch in the first half. O'Connell looks to be definitely out for a while, Sexton remains to be seen and O'Brien out for at least one match. I still think we've enough for the Argies though.

^With France, previous performance is irrelevant.... they can change dramatically over a week.... 55

Argentina won't be easy..... they are a good team now. Ireland need to keep that intensity of today... if they relax even a little bit, they'll be gone...

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast