Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Rugby 2015

nooooooooooo

England disallowed try looks like a score for Shaun Edwards to me; hope that isn't the 'score' that settles the game

Fuck yes!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steve w View Post
    halfpenny misses 5555
    He does but it's rare, maybe I jinxed him

Well deserved win. Wales are looking screwed for the world cup. Poor scrum and not playing at home... England should take confidence from this..
    Last edited by Waharoa; 7th February 2015 at 16:16.

sorry just been to the pub to gloat ,its a really welsh pub 5555
    LivinLOS and Coolhand like this.

I always thought you were Welsh Steve. My bad... 55

Well that was a nailbiter.. First off, I recognize nearly no one in the current teams... Not having TV for a few years I guess..

Wales come off strong but also benefitted from some luck in the calls.. Halfpenny a huge asset but that try could have easily been interference.. I tend to root for the underdog and second half England came together, even with some poor luck in 2 potential trys failing (fairly but still so close) it was a tense last 10 minutes..

Great game to kickoff the competition..

England dominated that game more than the scoreline suggests. They have to back this up now.
    LivinLOS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    England dominated that game more than the scoreline suggests. They have to back this up now.
    The Ireland game just got a little more significant I guess. A win there would make everyone take notice, that is going to be some game.

^Yep if they can beat Ireland in Dublin then they just need to carry that form into the world cup...

They surprised me a bit last night. The number of injuries being reported just seemed to grow daily and I really thought they needed their first choice players away at Wales to be in with a shout. The guys who came in did really well and I didn't ( in my one-eyed way ) see many weaknesses. The depth of the England squad is pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    They surprised me a bit last night. The number of injuries being reported just seemed to grow daily and I really thought they needed their first choice players away at Wales to be in with a shout. The guys who came in did really well and I didn't ( in my one-eyed way ) see many weaknesses. The depth of the England squad is pretty impressive.
    I think Haskell gave their backrow a better balance. Wood and Robshaw are too samey in the same side. The pack dominated Wales, so they were always on the back foot... and once adrenaline subsided, Wales were squeezed. Like to see if England can do it against Ireland...

England was a totally different team in the 2nd half. Was thinking shit, england has a flyhalf problem when ford missed that 1st penalty to take them in the lead5555.He atleast redeemed himself after that.

A lot of credit has to go to Lancaster, England showed some great team spirit and resilience in the lions den against Wales strongest team. Great start to the competition, hopefully today's games can give us some similar entertainment.

Much as expected in Rome with Ireland leading 3 penalties to 1 at halftime in a dour affair so far, Sean O'Brien must be gutted to get a hamstring injury in the pre-match warmup.

Got to love that French anthem, brilliant passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post

My thoughts entirely. I was expecting a loss and was pleasantly surprised. England should kick on from this with big players still to come back. The depth of this squad is great for England.
    At last we also appear to have a decent centre partnership that works. Add in two wingers who go looking for the ball and it bodes well. Farrell? who needs him?
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

I think England needed Farell to be fair, certainly for the last two seasons they did. Now Ford looks like the real deal and Cipriani on the bench and all of a sudden England have some genuine options at fly half.

I think you are right about the centres but, jeez, Twelvetrees looked like a handful when he came on. Tuilagi and Baritt to come back as well gives us serious options in the centres too.

France unconvincing, Scotland had better watch out for Italy...

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast