Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Rugby 2015

Rugby 2015

Since it's a World Cup year I've decided to try and resurrect the rugby discussion on this board, the 6 Nations is starting soon and the quarter finals of the European champions cup will be decided soon, as well as that we've got Super 15, Rugby championship and all the fun of World cup squad selection and the inevitable injuries that are going to ruin someone's year.

Some interesting pools in the World cup with England, Wales and Australia all face with a 3 doesn't go into 2 equation with Fiji and Uruguay along for an upset,

Pool B should see South Africa into the quarters easy enough with Samoa, Scotland, USA and Japan making up the challenge for 2nd spot.

Pool C sees New Zealand(holders), Argentina, with Tonga, Namibia and Georgia in a weak group which should see some 100+ scorelines for the All Blacks.

Pool D see France and Ireland and Italy in an interesting 3 way fight with Canada and Romania rounding off the final group.

So predictions? England with home field advantage along with Australia, SA and Scotland? New Zealand and Argentina and France and Ireland. Hopefully not too predictable but some very interesting potential quarters including maybe Ireland V New Zealand.
    LivinLOS likes this.

England v NZ final with England winning in a squeak so my Kiwi pal has to run the length of Bangla butt naked carrying an England flag. That will do nicely

First round of 6 nations matches kicking with a Friday night cracker between Wales and England, Italy and Ireland will surely be a much dourer affair and France V Scotland rounding off the first round. Can't be won on the first weekend but it sure can be lost.

Plenty of injuries as usual for Ireland but Cian Healy and Sean O'Brien are down for the Wolfhounds team to play the Saxons, Sexton is out for the first two games due to concussion and Paddy Jackson is out for months so Ian Madigan will most likely start at flyhalf. Despite a good November series we still have to settle on the centre pairing but Jared Payne and Gordon Darcy is looking likely.

The night match opening fixture will suck here in Thailand.. I also note eurosport seems to have been dropped from my GMM package ?? Maybe I need to sign up to a streaming system to get these, or just acestream it..

Nice one DP.

Let me try a new tactic.

SA will not win.
    Waharoa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    The night match opening fixture will suck here in Thailand.. I also note eurosport seems to have been dropped from my GMM package ?? Maybe I need to sign up to a streaming system to get these, or just acestream it..
    Does this one work in Thailand Sef?
    Eurosport is on the list further down along with BT Sport for future MotoGP coverage.

Sky Sports 1 Live Stream | Sky Sports 1
    Last edited by dawsey; 26th January 2015 at 01:25.
    LivinLOS likes this.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Forecast time-

Ireland to win the 6 Nations but no grand slam. England struggling to find two fit locks with Launchbury, Lawes, Parling all out. They still cannot decide thee best 10 12 13 combination either. Wales will have the measure of England again at the Millenium and I see Ireland beating England in Dublin.
    Roll on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Thin White Duke View Post
    Nice one DP.

Let me try a new tactic.

SA will not win.
    Neither will NZ...

I fancy SA or Ireland to win it...

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    Forecast time-

Ireland to win the 6 Nations but no grand slam. England struggling to find two fit locks with Launchbury, Lawes, Parling all out. They still cannot decide thee best 10 12 13 combination either. Wales will have the measure of England again at the Millenium and I see Ireland beating England in Dublin.
    Roll on Friday.
    George Ford at 10, Tuilagi at 12 and Joseph at 13... sorted...

Well that's who i would pick... 55

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    George Ford at 10, Tuilagi at 12 and Joseph at 13... sorted...

Well that's who i would pick... 55
    I wouldn't argue with that selection...................problem right now is all 3 being fit at the same time 555

Quote Originally Posted by dawsey View Post
    Does this one work in Thailand Sef?
    Eurosport is on the list further down along with BT Sport for future MotoGP coverage.

Sky Sports 1 Live Stream | Sky Sports 1
    I actually spent some time installing some streaming apps on my kodi (xbmc) boxes.. Now have all uk TV.. Loads of sports streams and a working acestream client all on my tv boxes..

Time to get the ftth internet installed I think.

Quarter final lineup for the European competitions. Note only one Irish team made the quarters and Leinster made hard work of it but face a possible semi with Toulon should they beat Bath at home. As for the World cupI think the All-Blacks have a handy enough run so I'm predicting a back to back and a first win outside of home soil for the champions. Lots of rugby between now and then though, lots of injuries to complicate things.

Champions Cup quarter-final draw
    Racing v Saracens
    Toulon v Wasps
    Clermont v Northampton
    Leinster v Bath

Champions Cup semi-final draw
    Toulon/Wasps v Leinster/Bath
    Clermont/Northampton v Racing/Saracens

Challenge Cup quarter-final draw
    Exeter Chiefs v Newcastle Falcons
    Gloucester v Connacht
    London Irish v Edinburgh
    Newport Gwent Dragons v Cardiff Blues

Challenge Cup semi-final draw
    Gloucester/Connacht v Exeter Chiefs/Newcastle Falcons
    London Irish/Edinburgh v Newport/Cardiff Blues

Farrell is out for England now as well so that probably brings Cipriani in with Ford as the starting 10. Looking forward to the 6 Nations but I'm really not confident England can win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    Farrell is out for England now as well so that probably brings Cipriani in with Ford as the starting 10. Looking forward to the 6 Nations but I'm really not confident England can win it.
    Bit of good luck for England. If Farrell stays injured thru the world cup.. England might, just might... have a chance...

^^ Harsh words, I'd have him over Cipriani any day. Interestingly the bookies have Ireland and England 15/8 joint favourites which is a bit odd considering neither will start the championship with their established out half. Wales are 3/1, France well worth a punt at 11/2 with Scotland and Italy making up the numbers.

Ford to start and Cipriani on the bench. Farrell creates nothing. Just kicks goals and defends well. On attack he is a liability... I hope he makes the world cup... ;-)
    dawsey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dontpanic View Post
    France well worth a punt at 11/2
    Agree there always dangerous when on form.. Seems generous by the bookies..

Away matches against England and Ireland... and only two home games...
    LivinLOS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    Away matches against England and Ireland... and only two home games...
    Save your money Sef.555
    Unless you follow French rugby, their international side is almost unrecognisable from last season. Many unknown faces to me.

Re Farrell, excellent defence and kicking from the tee, but nothing in attack. Looks like his Dad has finally been overruled anyway seeing Ford is the man in possession.
    Farrell has a nasty streak too and not in a good way. Not unlike Hartley who is fast becoming a liability.

Downloadable fixture list | RBS 6 Nations fixture list : RBS 6 Nations | Official Website

Handy if you use any of the online calenders.. Now all in my google scheduling..
    dontpanic likes this.

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast