PHUKET: A Myanmar national welding on top of the police box at the Kalim junction in Patong at about 6pm yesterday was shocked by a jolt from a high-voltage line, but not fatally injured.

When the back of Aung Naing’s welding rod touched a tree that was in contact with the high voltage line, he received an electric shock that sent him falling to the ground and peeled skin back on his body.

Mr Aung, 20, was rushed to Patong Hospital in the back of a pick-up truck by his friends and is being treated in their burn facility, said Patapee Srichai of the Patong Police.

More...