Thread: What happened with the police?

What happened with the police?

I know since the army took over the police struggle to get their bribes in the same way as before.
    I've noticed around here that the police almost stopped doing checkpoints, it's way less traffic controls and they don't seem to care about driver licenses or lack of helmets................Places that used to have traffic controls on daily basis are not even doing it once a week now.
    I wonder if it's just an coincidence or if it's because they can't "keep the money" anymore.
    Have you guy noticed any difference where you stay??
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

As far as helmet watching it's pretty much same as always in Patong from what I've seen.

Nope nothing changed Patts or Bkk as far as I can see

Only been stopped 2 times in last year in Patts, they tend to concentrate on doing bikes with temp plates and obvious tourists. Bigger bike tends to get waived through

Bkk different ball game stop you for anything mostly trumped up charges such as you drive on outside

They are actually more involved here than ever before at The Army's insistance...road blocks for helmets are no more present...i.e. little to none...but they will stop you and ask you where you are going on back streets etc now...they are also driving around the bar areas now which never happened before and also wagging their fingers to slow closing bar owners at around 2.30-3am...its still all pretty low key though

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHoliday View Post
    As far as helmet watching it's pretty much same as always in Patong from what I've seen.
    A helmet costs 250 and the fine is 400 (Falang 500) it's a no brainer.
    That being said, I was having a coffee opposite Boxing bars and played spot the no helmet.
    A junior cop would make at least 3,000 every two minutes just standing there and waving them in.
    Cops just don't seem to be as bothered as before.

Much more stops here than before, but looks like they're mostly after drugs and the afternoon Euro commute between Laem Singh and Patong. They always waive me through though. As if I'm not hip-looking enough? Kinda insulting...

^ its that helmet Tom....if only they could see you in your hat....555

Maybe the head policeman in Ranong got enough cash then, or maybe they're just lazy 555
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

K2
    More checkpoints than I've ever seen before up here in Chiang Mai and generally in the north - driving form Huay Xai to Chaing Mai was a check point at every small town - although it was afternoon and they were not stopping anybody then.
    Its My Life .....!

Agree with Kevin in cnx it's clearly the opposite with far more roadblocks, the usual helmet and tax stops, but also increasingly serious attempts at drink driving stops. These roadblocks seem well set up and in good choke points on the ring roads and major exit rds from the city.

Add in midnight closure, some very confused days when the police told bars that 2 - 5 daytime trade was illegal and that issue it seems police presence is way up. The apparent impending closure of monkey pub etc which has been around a very long time and a major investment seems to show how hard it is for even successful established large venues to keep operating in that climate.