Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dontpanic

Thread: Thailand falling behind?

Thailand falling behind?

Just arrived in Saigon last night for the first time in over 15 years.
    Blown away, this place is really booming.
    Last time we were here it was very clearly a lot lower standard of living than Bangkok or Patong.
    Now I would say it is streets ahead. Very few vacant businesses, all building sites active with workmen doing something, lots of Vietnamese in shops as customers and the whole city is humming.
    Lots of English spoken in shops, way way better than Patong which is a top tourist centre too.

If I was a Thai and in business, I would be very concerned at competition from Vietnam.

What is your opinion?

They also seem to be making it easier to get tourists visas with a visa on arrival scheme fir some countries to save you posting your passport. Competition is definitely hotting up with more people taking in Cambodia too.
    TLandHim likes this.

I'm planning a trip back very soon. I spent 2 months there in 2007. I really liked the place.

I would also like to share my opinion about Thailand, There are just so many of the tremendous and attractive places to explore all around the Thailand. I have been visited it some months ago and liked the country a lot , So in future will also like to visit the place and hope that i will have nice time there.