Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: do we have enough spending money for patong!!!!

do we have enough spending money for patong!!!!

i have been struggling to find good info. so we each have 2000 the villa flights is all paid for could you give me a rough idea of food drink and the prices for taking out the girls so much of the information out there is out of date its crazy we are going for 2 weeks plan to do some trips fishing zip lining ect as well thanks guys

Think you had the same questions answered comprehensively already... how much more info do you need? You'll get the same Patong answers here... from mostly the same people...

Quote Originally Posted by Waharoa View Post
    Think you had the same questions answered comprehensively already... how much more info do you need? You'll get the same Patong answers here... from mostly the same people...
    Was just about to post the same info too... but might as well show some love to this forum as well and ignite the Pattaya vs Patong debate again, 5555

I suppose it's not copyright infringement if I lifted this from the "other forum" as it is my post there, 5555

Been awhile since I've had to do pricing updates, but here goes:

Beer Prices:
    Beer Bar Both Tiger Complexes
    120-140 baht for beers like San Mig Light, Heineken, Singha
    100 baht for Leo and Chang
    Spirits around 200-250
    Sang Som 120 - 150
    LDs usually 220 (but can be 240 - 280 in some bars check menu first)
    BF 2000+ (Coyote/Dancer) maybe 1000 (PR) but after 1 or 2 am... might drop to 1000k

Recommendation: Always check the menu before you order in a front beer bar... last time I checked beers were going for 180 at Pink Paradise... even water was 150 baht....

Soi Beer Bars (Like Freedom & Sea Dragon and any Bangla Bars like Moon, P1 and Kangaroo)
    Beer Price 80 - 120
    Spirits 180 - 220
    LDs 200
    BF usually 800 but not 100%

Go-Gos
    Beers - 180
    Spirits - 200 - 220
    LDs 200 (Dancers) 240 (Coyotes & Models)
    BF 800 - 1000 (Dancers) 2000 (Coyotes) 2600 (Models)
    * Suzy Wong's Group Ago-gos usually run a 99 baht (or 150 baht depending on which ago-go) beer [Singha Light or Chang(@Intro)] promotion

Beer Bar/Freelance ST/LT rates... 1500-2000 use to be the gold standard... but can easily jump to 3000 - 5000 depending on what you like.
    Ago-go... likely 3000 for ST (Dancer) 5000 for ST (Coyote/Dancer) 5000-6000 LT (Dancer) 7000-10000 LT (Coyote/Model)

As always not every girl goes with customers so might be worth to ask the question "Do you go with customers?" before pissing baht up the wall on her or her friends....

Very easy to drop 2000-3000 on drinks and LDs in under one hour anywhere you go....

* New Content*

Don't walk into any bar with a tout... can end up getting the tout's menu that will vary from 1000 to 200 baht a drink. But if you do end up with a tout... negotiate they'll likely go down to 300 or 200 baht at the lowest if they are really desperate.

Disco's usually start at 200+ baht for a beer and 250+ baht for spirits... bottle service 3000-4000/bottle depending on quality of spirit.

Food prices... standard Thai dishes from 80 to 150 baht a plate depending on proximity to Bangla.... Western food... from 140 - 600 baht depending if you are going sandwich or steak meals or sushi.... all you can eat buffet's shouldn't be more than 250 - 300/person
    Waharoa and chris55 like this.

sue me my thread got deleted from thai dreaming i believe, or at least the link in my email dose not work any more. more people are coming they want specifics not my best guess ive saved the info to word pad this time so should be the last time it gets asked.
    Last edited by chris55; 14th June 2015 at 19:25.

2000 to spend is going to give you a budget of circa 7000baht a day for 14 days. If your travel time is includedn then your budget is nudging up towards 10000baht a day - you should be able to have a riot out of that.

The two things that will ruin budgets are lady drinks and bar fining go-go dancers. keep those items to occasional treat kinda levels and 10k a day will be plenty.

Expect to pay around 2000-2500baht for a fishing trip.

Have a great trip

Oh, and should have said.

The dangerous sports might be a bit more dangerous than they ought to be. The jungle bungy cable snapped a couple of weeks ago and some poor soul got killed.

Quote Originally Posted by chris55 View Post
    sue me my thread got deleted from thai dreaming i believe, or at least the link in my email dose not work any more. more people are coming they want specifics not my best guess ive saved the info to word pad this time so should be the last time it gets asked.
    Don't take it too personally. Nothing used to light PI up quite like this sort of question. Don't really understand why but people used to get horribly sniffy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    Don't take it too personally. Nothing used to light PI up quite like this sort of question. Don't really understand why but people used to get horribly sniffy about it.
    Good questions for any newbie. But did wonder if he was trolling when asking the same questions on multiple boards after getting 5 pages of indepth answers on the price of drinks... 55

Seems he just lost his link, so fair enough...

im not taking it personally trust me, i just cant convey my light-hearted English tone into words. its good to know that Thai safety standards may actually put my goal not to make to old age into fruition, do these things happen often. plan so far is to get some sort of Jeep/car to get around during the day and go to bangla road not to often and going a little/lot mad when we do. it seems as well there might be a few good bars and restaurants not far from the villa complex in nani road so shouldn't need to go to bangla every night. the problem at the moment is waiting for September and being unable to spend any money till then

will try and do a trip report when i get back to 2 of us confirmed another 2 maybe and none of us can tell the difference between katoeys and girls while sober according to the internet
    Dkdude likes this.

plan so far is to get some sort of Jeep/car to get around during the day
    This is only a good idea if you want to spend a lot of time driving around the island. In Patong, driving a car can take longer than walking. There's a lot of traffic, and you we find it very hard to find a place to park the car. Even if you plan to go around the island, taking a taxi may be cheaper and more safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
    Beer Bar/Freelance ST/LT rates... 1500-2000 use to be the gold standard... but can easily jump to 3000 - 5000 depending on what you like.
    Ago-go... likely 3000 for ST (Dancer) 5000 for ST (Coyote/Dancer) 5000-6000 LT (Dancer) 7000-10000 LT (Coyote/Model)

/person
    Who in their right mind would spend this much??? Patong must have changed a lot since I was last there! Crazy prices.
    kris-one and Geespot like this.

Soi Keb-sub, 30 min massage plus 30 min full package--------- 1000 Baht with a good looking girl in her late 20s........A mate went there a few weeks ago.
    nelsonone likes this.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    Soi Keb-sub, 30 min massage plus 30 min full package--------- 1000 Baht with a good looking girl in her late 20s........A mate went there a few weeks ago.
    Must be LB's down there if its the same m8 I'm thinking you're referring to 5555555555555
    LivinLOS likes this.

If sounds like you've been here before? I think 7k/day is probably cutting it thin for a holiday here if you end up getting shitfaced every night (even you if try and avoid Bangla), especially with occasional "tourist" activities (hey we all have to show legit photos for people back home lol).

Two meals a day could easily set you back 500-700B, maybe closer to 1000 if you're drinking beer with your food (though if you're eating around Nanai then definitely cheaper and not as expensive as around, say, Jungceylon). That leaves maybe 6000 after you've stocked up on condoms for the night, maybe less if you're getting pharmaceutical "help" at night as well (those beers take a toll!).

Bangla still doesn't really get going until 10pm+ so don't be going out getting pissed at 8pm when it appears like everyone is going out - you're likely to be out until 2-3am at least so pace yourself and your money

Others have covered the important stuff but I think you'll be fine if you avoid the "buy me and my sister(s) a drink?" scenarios, or playing Jackpot against 2-3 girls, that's where most of my money goes lol. Definitely keep an eye on your tab and make sure it's not being padded by extra drink or that money will be gone in no time.

As for the katoeys - just avoid Soi Crocodile for the most part, and a lot of the freelancers hanging on Bangla are ladyboys too (though usually quite obvious). The rest of the bars don't (or can't) employ them anyway, though there are still a few dotted around.

Quote Originally Posted by Crab Stixs View Post
    Who in their right mind would spend this much??? Patong must have changed a lot since I was last there! Crazy prices.
    Anyone who has paid to get laid in England would see 5000baht LT as a bargain, trust me on that one...
    chris55 and geir like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHoliday View Post
    Others have covered the important stuff but I think you'll be fine if you avoid the "buy me and my sister(s) a drink?" scenarios, or playing Jackpot against 2-3 girls, that's where most of my money goes lol. Definitely keep an eye on your tab and make sure it's not being padded by extra drink or that money will be gone in no time.
    That's where the big spends come from isn't it? For me, 7k is plenty so long as I can avoid playing the rock star.

Quote Originally Posted by Crab Stixs View Post
    Quite a few actually... otherwise it wouldn't be sustainable. It's paid for a lot of silicon enhancements in the last year so business must be good.

5000 baht dose not even cover an hour in England average is 150. and never do lady drinks its like strip clubs in the uk a fools game. sounds like as long as we are not going after the girls every night and mix it up with day activities and just going out for drinks at night/clubbing some nights should be fine. this talk of restaurants reminds me i have a private villa is there nice places to get Thai takeaway food from so we could bring it back to the villa especially if things don't get going till late can have food and some drinks at the villa before heading out no guest fees also helps things along to

it seems as well there might be a few good bars and restaurants not far from the villa complex in nani road so shouldn't need to go to bangla every night.
    Once you see the party zone.. You wont want to be having quiet nights off and 'a few beers' some nights..

Bring your credit cards

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast