Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Patong Picture Tour

Patong Picture Tour

I have zillions of pictures to go through so am just going to post them as I find them. These are a few from my Patong trip in 2010. I have lots of this sort of stuff, I've become a big fan of street photography:
    dave01 likes this.

Loved the dog; he didn't seem to mind having his picture taken:
    Last edited by Steve@thaib; 10th July 2013 at 05:10.
    dave01 likes this.

And a personal favourite beach shot:
    More to follow as I find them.
    dave01 and ub2yoo like this.

Some more street / people shots from Patong:
    Happy and dave01 like this.

Street photos are great I reckon...... U can take a shot and find a great pic within a pic if ya know what I mean...... nice pics

Hi steve,
    I quite like this kind of thing too, especially Thailand ... i find myself smiling numerous times at the sights i see on the roads there, from pretty young ladies to animals, wide loads etc, amazing, if i can find some do you mind me posting them,. regards.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal View Post
    Hi steve,
    I quite like this kind of thing too, especially Thailand ... i find myself smiling numerous times at the sights i see on the roads there, from pretty young ladies to animals, wide loads etc, amazing, if i can find some do you mind me posting them,. regards.
    I go out looking for these, I think it's the contrast between what's normal in Asia and home. Obviously attractive girls help , but I like the soi dogs and the families on a motorbike too.

Post away for me, I like to see other people's pics.

A couple more from around Patong:

Yes
    I like everyday street shots too...these are the kind of pics that would remind me of Thailand if I had not been for awhile.

WTF
    Street photo's are my favorite candid and ordinary they take you back instantly to when you saw the samething when you were there.

Street and candids are great.. and thats for sure where a longer focal length can keep you out of the persons space so you dont get the cheesy grin and fingers under the chin poses..

I like the green roofed food cart.

Yes
    I would like to do a series on the Issan farm vehicles ...I like the simplicity of the designs ..and probably anyone could repair.

I have tried taking shots but only had a phone camera and they blurred, as most times when I see these vehicles they usually moving.

@Steve. Question about the favourite beach shot you took. Was it intended to get the bottle in the picture. Strangely enough I see that pic and my attention is drawn to the bottle.
    Stress is when you wake up screaming realizing you weren't sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by beuk View Post
    @Steve. Question about the favourite beach shot you took. Was it intended to get the bottle in the picture. Strangely enough I see that pic and my attention is drawn to the bottle.
    That was very much the intention. it puts some interest into the picture, I want some interest other than the sunset generally, and I also think it's the perfect metaphor for Patong; a lovely place spoiled by trash

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    That was very much the intention. it puts some interest into the picture, I want some interest other than the sunset generally, and I also think it's the perfect metaphor for Patong; a lovely place spoiled by trash
    Then at least it worked for one person already. Was the first thing I noticed on the picture. I wanted to catch the colors of the sky just b4 sunset and after but it didnt worked out the way I intended.

I like those lanterns, though we have just had a massive fire here from one landing on a recycling plant. we expect them to be banned here soon

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    I like those lanterns, though we have just had a massive fire here from one landing on a recycling plant. we expect them to be banned here soon
    Most places in Belgium they are already banned. Mainly cause of the fires they can start.

Quote Originally Posted by Yes View Post
    I would like to do a series on the Issan farm vehicles ...I like the simplicity of the designs ..and probably anyone could repair.

I have tried taking shots but only had a phone camera and they blurred, as most times when I see these vehicles they usually moving.
    heres a few more.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was going to post some others, but realised this is a Patong thread, they weren't really applicable, so will perhaps post in the random pic thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast