Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Weird Article

Weird Article

Thailand's Sin Cities Struggle to Survive the Economic Downturn*|*Van Winkle's

According to the Post, Pattaya has about 2,000 hotels with 136,000 rooms. If I had to guess, Id say half are whorehouses. So, good luck Pattaya. I'm no prude, but you're getting what you deserve.

What you deserve?

I'm guessing the author of that piece is a bit of a puritan 555

Either that or he is pissed that a ladyboy caught him out.
    RIP Nicke June 1971 - Jan 2013.

AT SOME POINT IN LIFE, EVERYONE HAS GAMBLED ON A FART AND LOST.

Lil sticking up for "It's getting what it deserves"? Come on Lil.. support your local brothel.. 55

^^ Bastards have had enough out of me..
    Waharoa likes this.

50% of the rooms......what a bunch of bullshit. Maybe one tenth of 1%. This guy is an idiot. Try doing some research why don't you.....or....I'll do the research for you if you want....5555
    tnlawyer likes this.
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by billpay View Post
    50% of the rooms......what a bunch of bullshit. Maybe one tenth of 1%. This guy is an idiot. Try doing some research why don't you.....or....I'll do the research for you if you want....5555
    I would guess he is saying that 50% of the hotels cater to the p4p trade....hence "whorehouses"
    I wouldn't call them that but if my assumption is right in his meaning.......he wouldn't be wrong
    LivinLOS likes this.

^You mean if it is ok to bring back a BG, then it is a whorehouse????? If that is the criteria, then 50% of the hotel rooms in the world are whorehouses.
    Pablo, kris-one and WarProfiteer like this.
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Change from 'are able to' to 'regularly are used to' and I think it all becomes both true and fits the story..

BG's aren't really whores either. Well sort of not really. 55
    Thin White Duke and Dkdude like this.

^You mean if it is ok to bring back a BG, then it is a whorehouse????? If that is the criteria, then 50% of the hotel rooms in the world are whorehouses.
    As LIL said above
    Much difference between "are able to" and "built for or cater to"......a huge difference actually.
    And I think that was his point. A lot of the hotels were built to cater to sex tourists and he trade.

But of course he was just trying to stir the pot with that statement

I also didn't really get the Bangkok Post quoting the TAT, with their hotel figures for Pattaya
    Those prices didn't seem too far off any of the 5 star, 4 star hotel prices in BKK away from the p4p scene in low season

Come on guys, we are almost becoming 'right on' here. That was a snide, vindictive, piece written by someone who went to Pattaya once ten years ago and clearly has an agenda. He's preaching to an audience that want evidence to back up their puritanical, lop-sided, view of a country that most will never visit and could barely find on a map.

I agree...people get so bent out of shape on this...you meet a girl..regardless of where she works or what she does..you bring her to your room..and now suddenly the hotel should be classified as a whorehouse?...Come On!..
    To me ..I would guess that a whorehouse by definition would be something like a place that has a selection of girls to choose from with rooms to do your business...Bill you're from Vegas....Mustang Ranch so to speak?

Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
    I agree...people get so bent out of shape on this...you meet a girl..regardless of where she works or what she does..you bring her to your room..and now suddenly the hotel should be classified as a whorehouse?...Come On!..
    To me ..I would guess that a whorehouse by definition would be something like a place that has a selection of girls to choose from with rooms to do your business...Bill you're from Vegas....Mustang Ranch so to speak?
    I fail to see a big difference in picking up the girl in the house or outside - except you get more to choose from outside. Outside, you may even find a cashier.

Another way to judge if a hotel is a whorehouse: Look at the mini bar. If it offer condoms, it is probably closer to a whorehouse than a family hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
    I really dont care what people do.. but lets be honest..

What is pattaya ?? Are you really saying that 50% of its economy is not there to directly or indirectly service P4P visitors ??

Supply their food, supply their accommodations, supply their inter whorehouse transportation, supply other distractions between boozing and whoring, etc etc etc..

I've never even been to Pattaya.

Too seedy for me....

Quote Originally Posted by Thin White Duke View Post
    I've never even been to Pattaya.

Too seedy for me....
    How do you know if you haven't been? ...555

Its no seedier than Patong... just a lot bigger...

Just a little irony Nick....
    Waharoa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thin White Duke View Post
    Just a little irony Nick....
    Bugger... I've been done like a Bok in Brisbane today... 55

Hurtful......my Archilles heal
    Waharoa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    Come on guys, we are almost becoming 'right on' here. That was a snide, vindictive, piece written by someone who went to Pattaya once ten years ago and clearly has an agenda. He's preaching to an audience that want evidence to back up their puritanical, lop-sided, view of a country that most will never visit and could barely find on a map.
    You could replace this thread with the Gayness thread.,......pretty much the same situations

Of course he was using hyperbole and of course he has an agenda.
    I wouldn't call them whorehouses but most of the hotels in Pattaya were built for the p4p scene
    On most nights, a huge % of a hotel guests in Pattaya are engaging in the p4p scene
    So he likens it to a whorehouse

Similar to the homophobes callings gays perverts, no?
    Waharoa likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast