Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Multiply-Entry Tourists Visas on Deck

Multiply-Entry Tourists Visas on Deck

Anyone else read anything about a new 6 month multiple entry TR being approved a few days ago?

Originally it was going to be a 12 month multiple entry TR.... seems odd that they would create an open visa where you can basically come and go as you please? I wonder how many of those you can get back to back... only costs 5000 baht.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
    I wonder how many of those you can get back to back... only costs 5000 baht.
    Will the 6 month tourist have to "check in" with immigration every 90 days?

Anyone else read anything about a new 6 month multiple entry TR being approved a few days ago?

Originally it was going to be a 12 month multiple entry TR.... seems odd that they would create an open visa where you can basically come and go as you please? I wonder how many of those you can get back to back... only costs 5000 baht.
    Have gone back to back on Non B, Non O and triple entry tourist visas for 13 years

Will now be back to non O but I guess the multi tourist visa there should be no issues with back to back as long as you can do the usual of proving you're a tourist

Wasnt there also something kicking about last few weeks about digital nomads now cleared under tourist visas as well or may some other visa category?

Given they you can get triple and double, think triple is only valid for 6 months, unless you are coming back and forward an using more than 30 but less than 60 not sure how worthwhile multi would be. If it was 12 months validity would be better

Well... it just seems odd that they would essentially get rid of a lot of checks and balances... because a single entry TR would be used up once you entered the country.... now it's allowed a TR to become a multi-entry good for 6 months... thus blowing up the need for a multiple entry TR, also by passing any need for getting a re-entry permit which wasn't allowed on TRs to begin with... if the original goal was to get rid of visa run abusers... this new visa will open up the flood gates.... making it even easier to walk into the country and out and come back in again.

Also defeats the purpose of not granting multiple entry TRs in the surrounding SE Asia countries as well.... could you imagine if they had gone with the full year... there'd be no reason to get on an O visa or Non-B unless you wanted to do things legitimately, 5555

Would like to see more details first, and see how it is after the 3-4 'clarifications' that usually come with these announcements. It could potentially help those wanting to stay long term as it is basically the same length as a double entry tourist visa, but without the hassle since this one will be multiple-entry. When I see how they handle extensions I think that will ease my mind. Fingers crossed the visa comes a full 6 month extension of stay so I don't have to deal with immigration.

"Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has given the green light to the proposal" 5000 baht for 6 months sounds good

there'd be no reason to get on an O visa or Non-B unless you wanted to do things legitimately, 5555
    I am sure the new visa will only be for 30 days (with a possible extension), and then you have to leave. So if you are staying two or three months at a time the O visa is still better. The O visa will also be cheaper than the new one plus visa runs, unless you are staying in a border town.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    I am sure the new visa will only be for 30 days (with a possible extension), and then you have to leave. So if you are staying two or three months at a time the O visa is still better. The O visa will also be cheaper than the new one plus visa runs, unless you are staying in a border town.
    From the initial reports its a straight up 6 month multiple (unlimited) re-entry visa so you can basically come and go as you please until the visa expires. All for the sum up 5k baht.... if you are allowed to do multiple back to backs TRs why would anyone tie up money in a back for an O visa or work above board on a Non-Imm B... much less go through the motions on a Ed Visa. Can just as easy jump on the next bus to Laos or Penang and get another 6 months, without much scrutiny.

From the initial reports its a straight up 6 month multiple (unlimited) re-entry visa so you can basically come and go as you please until the visa expires.
    I am sure the initial reports are wrong. You will get 30 days at a time, just like a multiple O is 90 days at a time. You will then have to leave the country in order to get another 30/90 days. It wouldn't make much sense otherwise (OK, TIT, but still).

If I am right, it will be interesting if it will be possible to get an extension without leaving Thailand, and for how long.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatdane View Post
    I am sure the initial reports are wrong. You will get 30 days at a time, just like a multiple O is 90 days at a time. You will then have to leave the country in order to get another 30/90 days. It wouldn't make much sense otherwise (OK, TIT, but still).

If I am right, it will be interesting if it will be possible to get an extension without leaving Thailand, and for how long.
    I just had another read... might actually be referring to expanding the current TRs to allow for multi-entries (double or triple with a single TR) for other countries (beyond the initial approved 40 countries) so you are probably right. Not sure why I was getting confused that they would allow it to be an (unlimited) entry visa... although I'm sure it would definitely increase tourist numbers had that been the case, 5555

Hmmm... I see what happened... the Nation has the blurb "Currently, citizens of 30-40 countries can enter the Kingdom without a visa, but some other nationals are required pay about Bt1,000 to get a single-entry, 30-day visa." Whereas the Bangkok Post left out that key piece of information....
    Last edited by Mr. Smiley; 6th August 2015 at 23:03.

It would actually make a lot of sense. If you get a 5k visa for 6 months, Thailand would keep the money in the country instead of forcing people to leave all the time. Loads of expats been asking for visas with monthly or every 3 months payment at the immigration office. I'm sure most people would be happy to pay 1-2k baht monthly at the local immigration to have no worries about future visas.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

I just had another read... might actually be referring to expanding the current TRs to allow for multi-entries (double or triple with a single TR) for other countries (beyond the initial approved 40 countries) so you are probably right. Not sure why I was getting confused that they would allow it to be an (unlimited) entry visa... although I'm sure it would definitely increase tourist numbers had that been the case, 5555
    Thats how I read it.. The current TR getting converted to 'as many entries as you want' for the 6 months.. Not that different to the current double in duration, only entries..

Useful, but not earth shattering..

Then again I have also read this as being called a visa on arrival, so if they are handing them out at the airport thats a lot easier.

Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

Still a bit blurry where to get it, if it's possible to renew it, and if it is, for how many times
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Should suit the offshore workers based here.
    geir likes this.
    Sipping from the Fountain of Youth that is Thailand.

Note that they're hoping for "quality tourists," presumably not a bunch of pervy mongers. Probably rules most of us out. 555

They equate Chinese to 'quality tourists', so there isn't much hope for anything they do really.

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    Still a bit blurry where to get it, if it's possible to renew it, and if it is, for how many times
    It constantly amazes me how no new law or policy is ever able to be simply and clearly stated, one time, at its announcement..

Its always a case of vague general outlines.. Miss understood, miss quoted, revised on backlash, and then applied locally with different standards throughout the country.

Look at the recent alcohol / school fiasco, visa rules, vehicle registration, yellow house books, anything.. Nothing is ever the same rules nationwide, or even same rules same place before and after lunch a lot of the time.

Partly I think thats decentralized power and fiefdoms, each local 'boss' of something does what he wants.. But in the case of announcing new laws and rules, I think it comes back to that Thai hatred of precision and definitive statements in the language.
    Easycpl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbaz View Post
    Should suit the offshore workers based here.
    Not if it needs pre applying at a visa or consul outside the country.. Something most 'visas' currently need.

If its a visa on arrival modification, then yes for sure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast