Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Golden Bar Nana

Golden Bar Nana

Its gone.. Walked past today and saw it was closed. Later read online the nana hotel++ has been bought by the hard rock group and will all be redone. About time i guess but will miss the place. Liked to sit there in the afternoon and watch the world go by..
    Someone mentioned the golden had been around since 1997. By the looks of it i always thought it had been there since the 70s?
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is a bummer.........my favorite place to sit in all of Nana.....even with all those new big bars

Oh wow, another one bites the dust. It is time for the Nana hotel too but, boy, that taxi drive up Soi 4 won't look the same once it's gone.
    WarProfiteer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    It is time for the Nana hotel too but, boy, that taxi drive up Soi 4 won't look the same once it's gone.
    Absolute truth.

The times, they are a changin...

I feel more like an old fart every year. It can't be long until Soi 4 is all air conditioned genteel restaurants and I will be sat pointing at the Nana car park saying to new guys "I remember when all this was pussy"

Can't say I will really miss it...whilst I enjoyed "Angels" nightclub going back 10ish years ago (downstairs in The Nana Hotel)...it really was the best pick-up joint in town back then....I've never really been one for daytime drinking on 4, Golden Bar or used the services of "The Carpark"....its a fkn zoo down there at the best of times...but at least the dark takes a bit of the edge off 555

I can't imagine the family atmosphere of a Hard Rock Hotel working there unless the whole character of 4 changes...but I had some good times with FLs from The Hard Rock Restaurant over on Siam Sq back around the era of "Angels"
    JimCA2 likes this.

Angels was quite something.

Car park was good though, how many times are you ever going to hear the priceless line "hey mister, you want lady? me and my sister go with you"

^ or brother.....555

That's the gamble I guess
    nelsonone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    Can't say I will really miss it...whilst I enjoyed "Angels" nightclub going back 10ish years ago (downstairs in The Nana Hotel)...it really was the best pick-up joint in town back then....I've never really been one for daytime drinking on 4, Golden Bar or used the services of "The Carpark"....its a fkn zoo down there at the best of times...but at least the dark takes a bit of the edge off 555

I can't imagine the family atmosphere of a Hard Rock Hotel working there unless the whole character of 4 changes...but I had some good times with FLs from The Hard Rock Restaurant over on Siam Sq back around the era of "Angels"
    Ao and I were chatting about this today over lunch.
    We prefer more upmarket places..

BUT I want a place like Nana to stay as Nana.
    I don't want it glossed up
    Even those big new bars, the one across from Golden Bar and Bar 4(sorry I know he is a BM) just take away from the character of the place.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    People may notice that Dave has moved on from soi 4 management to Patpong, where hes now got 3 or 4 under his wing..

I have read posts from people claiming to be 'in the know' either owners or management of nana establishments that say NEP isnt renewing contracts and they all expire (not exactly same time) in the first half of next year.. The 'redevelopment' talk is once again bubbling.. I find that very strange talk as it was only a couple of years ago that the head lease changed hands (for a truly shocking amount of money) giving them another 10 years, and they then spent some money of development so its claimed, bugger if I could see what they spent it on !!

Who knows.. the 'end' of nana has been predicted over and over in the last decade(s) plus... So I suspect it will keep muddling along, getting more expensive, and generally being what it is..

I also note, with the last high end mall being a known failure so far economically, that mall development may have reached saturation and this may not be the greatest time to want to dive into big retail projects anyway..
    WarProfiteer and nelsonone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    I also note, with the last high end mall being a known failure so far economically, that mall development may have reached saturation and this may not be the greatest time to want to dive into big retail projects anyway..
    When has small details like that ever stopped thai's?
    kris-one likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by junkhouse View Post
    When has small details like that ever stopped thai's?
    I really feel like the country is sleep walking into a 1997 credit contraction and combined currency crisis, or rather the risks of that are rising fast (while still less than 50/50) and none of the government policies are taking account.

I really feel like the country is sleep walking into a 1997 credit contraction and combined currency crisis, or rather the risks of that are rising fast (while still less than 50/50) and none of the government policies are taking account.
    To be totally selfish, that will again boom the tourism......I felt filthy rich when I came here on my first holidays 5555 When I took my money to Thailand I got 6,4 Baht for 1 NOK, these days the Noggies get just over 4,-
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    To be totally selfish, that will again boom the tourism......I felt filthy rich when I came here on my first holidays 5555 When I took my money to Thailand I got 6,4 Baht for 1 NOK, these days the Noggies get just over 4,-
    Same for me, i was getting over 90 to the pound when I first went in 97. Haven't seen 60, or even close, for years now so it would make it a cheap destination again.

The number of malls in Bangkok blew me away last year. Don't they know how to build anything else? Maybe some high end boutique retail, restaurants, etc on the lower floor with lots of office/high end condos on top? That's a lot of what we're seeing now in the US. Malls are D-E-A-D.

hooters.jpg
    Pattaya Pattaya - Phuuying love u mak mak

Sacrilege....

The gentrification of nana

we're getting a Hooters franchise here on Samui early next year I see too...its going to be over on Beach Rd Chaweng...personally I don't get these places...if the gals were BF'able sure...555

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast