Thread: Patong in November

New User

Patong in November

Hey guys, just after some up to date info on nightlife in Patong...
    I've been to Patong on several occasions in last few years, most recently in 2010. Some of the recent info I've been reading with regards to the nightlife not being the same as a couple of years ago and the imminent early bar closing times has me thinking I may be better off switching my late November trip to Pattaya instead...
    What's your opinion on the nightlife in comparison to 2010 and do you see these earlier time bar enforcements being implemented any time soon?
    Many thanks in advance.

Welcome to the board - For the most up-to-date info on Patong nightlife, check the below link out.

Patong 2015

Depends what you want from your holiday , if you want the beaches and daytime sightseeing / activities combined with nightlife then Phuket is still worth going to, if you are happy with a pool and just looking for girls and nightlife then Patts is a much better option , no early bar closures there and a lot more options for places to party
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

Yes definitely explain more about what you want from your holiday. If its pure mongering/nightlife then Patts definitely a better choice right now. If you want a bit of tourist stuff thrown in and have money to burn then Patong would be a good mix, if it stops raining 555.

I wouldn't expect early bar closures any time soon, it ain't Chiang Mai and I don't think it's heading that way.

New User
    Nightlife is the most important factor, but also love the beaches and island vibe of Phuket. Was a great combo.
    If it's comparable to 2009/2010 then I'd be more than happy, but if Bangla is much quieter and not as fun these days then I'd probably skip it and just hit Bangkok and Patts...

How long you staying for Eddie , if it's a couple of weeks then do both , a couple of nights in Bangkok , fly down to Phuket for five nights , then fly to U-tapao for the rest of your trip
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    I wouldn't expect early bar closures any time soon, it ain't Chiang Mai and I don't think it's heading that way.
    the mind of the junta + Police chiefs works in mysterious ways atm...

Pai rape of British tourist sparks bar closing time crackdown in Phuket

New User
    Just a short nine days this time.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    the mind of the junta + Police chiefs works in mysterious ways atm...

Pai rape of British tourist sparks bar closing time crackdown in Phuket
    I did think about that but there's no suggestion of the midnight closing silliness that's happening in Chiang Mai is there? They are just saying, I think, that the closing times will be enforced but those times are 2 and 3am.