Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kris-one

Thread: Road to Pai improvements

Yes

Road to Pai improvements

I just drove up to Pai,the improvement in the road in one year was both surprising and impressive.
    Drainage,culverts,concrete safety barriers,the hillside cutback where the worst landslides happened,they even widened in places.Also about 80% has been resurfaced.

The road is not quite so dangerous...I was nearly totalled only twice by ting tong mini bus drivers overtaking on blind bends..big improvement

Quote Originally Posted by Yes View Post
    The road is not quite so dangerous...I was nearly totalled only twice by ting tong mini bus drivers overtaking on blind bends..big improvement
    I was, without exaggeration, 6 inches from being killed by a silver van there.. And only wasnt because I saw him start his blind overtake, through a gap in the trees, looking through the corner..

Proper cunts in those and it does get my blood boiling how little respect they have for the lives of others just to save 10 mins journey time.

Not to make light of your near death experience but now you know how those against drink driving feel... As been discussed here previously.
    stupscott likes this.

Those guys don't know how to drive in the hills and mountains. They are crazy cutting corners where you can't see cars coming from the opposite side.

I thought I had read recently that there are still parts of that road that are under serious construction?

And yeah, I agree, it can be dangerous on those roads with the silver minibuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Those guys don't know how to drive in the hills and mountains. They are crazy cutting corners where you can't see cars coming from the opposite side.
    they dont just cut corners, they blind overtake and on a bike your expected to just 'get out of the way' if theres room to do so or not.

Yes
    There are crews working ..Scattered along the length of the road ..mmostly doing barriers.

Some of the hairpins have about a meter or so of good gravel shoulder..you can get halve a car of the road.many people driving like that now .helps a bit.

on a different note it is so dry here,empty creek beds,rivers with little water,trees lost all their leaves,lots of burn out areas. A bush fire could ignite so easy.