Thread: Bangkok Hotel with good fast wifi?

Bangkok Hotel with good fast wifi?

I'm going to Thailand middle of March thinking about stopping some days in Bangkok, I need to do some work so I need a hotel with a good international line, any recommendations?

preferably in Sukhumvit 2 -20

I am heading up to Bangkok this weekend staying at the nicely priced, highly rated Marriott executive apartments on soi 24. Looking forward to it and will let you know, about 5k night all tax, breakfast and wifi.

It may be worth asking for a room with good wifi as it can vary depending where you are, any hotel I've stayed in has been pretty good.

Over the last year, I have stayed in Udon, Nong Khai, the Nana Bkk, Secrets in Pattaya and in a condo on Pratumnak. All the download speeds were satisfactory but upload speeds have been really painful. Anyone know why this is. In Cambodia, upload speeds exceed download speeds 2 to 1 or even much better.

The Marriott Executive apartments at Sukhumvit Soi 24 was very good. Nice big 1-bedroom, awesome bathroom. Views a bit bleh. The wifi speed was 5mps up and down when I tested. Cheers!

Bangkok Hotel with good fast wifi?

^ What's the damage? Edit: 5k I should read b4 replying!

Quote Originally Posted by Robaht View Post
    The Marriott Executive apartments at Sukhumvit Soi 24 was very good. Nice big 1-bedroom, awesome bathroom. Views a bit bleh. The wifi speed was 5mps up and down when I tested. Cheers!
    Local or international speed?

Quote Originally Posted by andmel View Post
    Local or international speed?
    No idea, I just went to one of those websites and ran a test, lousy site didn't even get a good screen shot since it didn't display results, I just watched and mentally noted! But seemed okay overall but I wasn't downloading movies or doing any power user stuff.