Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Song Gran LOLs

Song Gran LOLs

Every year they roll a few nutball statements out..

Chiang Mai CityNews - Sexy Clothing, Dancing, and Biceps Banned this Songkran

So far they want to ban 'sexy muscles'..

K2
    Herr Dictator doesnt have the Putin thang going on .... reading this from 'civilisation' just makes Thailand seem utterly bonkers! (or not ...guess thats banned too)!
    Its My Life .....!

I'm going to try running away again. I dont mind a day of it, but a week is way too much for me.

Going to try a trip over to Udon, Nong Khai, Kohn Kaen... pretty sure it's just a day in all those places.

I know that's not the point of your thread... just sayin... It's better avoided in general.

Isn't there a water crises in LOS at the mo?
    LivinLOS likes this.

Mine came with the anouncement that the gouvernment said that you have to pay for the (tap)water you throw at SK. Not happy

Quote Originally Posted by WarProfiteer View Post
    I'm going to try running away again. I dont mind a day of it, but a week is way too much for me.

Going to try a trip over to Udon, Nong Khai, Kohn Kaen... pretty sure it's just a day in all those places.

I know that's not the point of your thread... just sayin... It's better avoided in general.
    It's the full three days from my experience in Udon and Nakhon Phanom. I'll be over in Nong Khai and Udon a couple of days before it and NP during it if you are over there give me a shout.
    WarProfiteer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    Isn't there a water crises in LOS at the mo?
    your not going to stop Thais having fun are you..

Can think about the crisis afterwards like a hangover..

Quote Originally Posted by stupscott View Post
    It's the full three days from my experience in Udon and Nakhon Phanom. I'll be over in Nong Khai and Udon a couple of days before it and NP during it if you are over there give me a shout.
    The loose plan is Udon 12-14, Nong Khai 14-16, then Kohn Kaen 16-18... let me know which time/place you'd like to meet up.

Nong Khai not got much distraction factor..

The loose plan is Udon 12-14, Nong Khai 14-16, then Kohn Kaen 16-18... let me know which time/place you'd like to meet up.
    You're gonna get drenched for at least 3 days in those locations. Get ready to accept lao kao cocktails and sato and it's very rude to refuse.
    LivinLOS likes this.

Sorry Mate...it goes on for a week in those places..believe me

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Nong Khai not got much distraction factor..
    I was there 3 months back... one little street with about 4 or 5 bars on it, each with 3-5 girls. Not much english, but we really liked the vibe. Definitely the opposite of hard core. My buddy took a decent gal for just 1K LT + 200 baht bf... and said it was total GFE mode the whole time... she cleaned the room when he did the post coital shower, she poured his drinks, showed him around the next morning, etc.

Done Udon before. Not bad, but not as cheap or laid back as Nong Khai. The gal I took out of Day/Night was 2K + 400 baht bf and it was pretty average.

Never done Khon Kaen before, so that one will be new. I know where to stay though (near The Pullman), so it should be interesting to check out.
    Last edited by WarProfiteer; 15th March 2016 at 19:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    You're gonna get drenched for at least 3 days in those locations. Get ready to accept lao kao cocktails and sato and it's very rude to refuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
    Sorry Mate...it goes on for a week in those places..believe me
    Guess we'll see. It'll still be better than being on lock down in your own home for a solid week. It's extremely difficult to even move around town here when all that shite is going on (I live very close to the moat).

I've now gone nearly 3 months without alcohol. I wont be drinking, even if it's rude to turn it down. I'll tell them I'm recovering from stomach cancer or something. Not that a hard core Isaan born lao kao drinker would ever be slowed down by something as trivial as cancer, 555...
    Last edited by WarProfiteer; 15th March 2016 at 19:22.

I was there 3 months back... one little street with about 4 or 5 bars on it, each with 3-5 girls. Not much english, but we really liked the vibe. Definitely the opposite of hard core. My buddy took a decent gal for just 1K LT + 200 baht bf... and said it was total GFE mode the whole time... she cleaned the room when he did the post coital shower, she poured his drinks, showed him around the next morning, etc.

Done Udon before. Not bad, but not as cheap or laid back as Nong Khai. The gal I took out of Day/Night was 2K + 400 baht bf and it was pretty average.

Never done Khon Kaen before, so that one will be new. I know where to stay though (near The Pullman), so it should be interesting to check out.
    Check the bar/mini brewery under the pullman. Good beer, fantastic band
    Robaht likes this.

Guess we'll see. It'll still be better than being on lock down in your own home for a solid week. It's extremely difficult to even move around town here when all that shite is going on (I live very close to the moat).

I've now gone nearly 3 months without alcohol. I wont be drinking, even if it's rude to turn it down. I'll tell them I'm recovering from stomach cancer or something. Not that a hard core Isaan born lao kao drinker would ever be slowed down by something as trivial as cancer, 555...
    From the 3-4 non-tourist type places I've been on Songkran.........they were much more full on than any of the big 5 tourist cities
    I'd expect the same in those cities you mentioned

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    From the 3-4 non-tourist type places I've been on Songkran.........they were much more full on than any of the big 5 tourist cities
    I'd expect the same in those cities you mentioned
    One time in the village at songkran i went down to the next village on the m bike. I left at about 9am and got back to the house about 2pm. The next village is 2km away!!!! I was a total wreck when I got back. One thing thats different is making tambon literally every few yards.....you pop 20 100 baht etc and of course you're fed booze in return as well as being soaked all to the backdrop of molarm music and dancing........Great times!

Main roads around Khon Kaen are rammed with pickups having water fights...........huge concerts at night too

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    It's kind of ridiculous because it is the street vendors selling the ice-cold water bottles that will make all the money, are they gonna shut them down to "conserve" water?

Song Gran LOLs

My favorite Songkran was back in 2008 in the little town of Seka, about 2 hours northeast of Udon. One big day of parades, beauty pageant, water throwing and dancing in the streets and town square. Another day or two of minor water throwing and partying at the local lake. A full day of drinking and hangover recovery finally endings with trips to the local temple and older relatives.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast