Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By LivinLOS
  • 1 Post By LivinLOS
  • 1 Post By LivinLOS
  • 1 Post By kris-one

Thread: Immigration data leak

Immigration data leak

Site was down by the time I found it.. Heres the recap..

https://asiancorrespondent.com/2016/...iland-anxious/

It seems now its emerging it wasnt even a data leak, they literally handed all this actual live data over to a freelance programmer. Names, passport numbers, addresses, etc.

Expat Personal Records Posted to Govt Site

“It was a demo, we were testing it,” Maj. Gen. Thanusilpa Duangkaewngam, the officer in charge of the provincial immigration bureau, said by telephone.
    Further underscoring the vulnerability of the site, some internet users also correctly guessed the password to enter the website’s management system: 123456.
    Last edited by LivinLOS; 28th March 2016 at 14:39.

*facepalm*

Oh and this is just ridiculous:
    http://203.157.41.192/pagth/t8_index...8_list_ebola18

Something to do with Ebola given the URL, but to have it publicly viewable/searchable is just bonkers.

Data breach puts southern expats' personal details online | Bangkok Post: news

The website gaffe is yet the latest cyber fail for the government, which has seen the websites for its police, courts and corrections departments all hacked this year. In the case of the Courts of Justice, information technology staffers had made no backups of the website databases and had to rely on the goodwill of the hackers to return them in order to restore the sites.
    The courts of justice.. No backups !!
    soupdragon and NeedHoliday like this.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Site was down by the time I found it.. Heres the recap..

https://asiancorrespondent.com/2016/...iland-anxious/

It seems now its emerging it wasnt even a data leak, they literally handed all this actual live data over to a freelance programmer. Names, passport numbers, addresses, etc.
    I got my Vietnam visa letter the other day
    They do a bunch of people on same letter and had all our Passport #'s on it!

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    Similar at Thailand Immigration - number of times they've just re-used paper for various paperwork (e.g. 90 day report) and I get to see various personal details on the reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    did it include your house location and occupation in the deep south where teachers are targeted for bombings kidnappings and killings ??
    JimCA2 likes this.

Vast Trove of Travelers? Personal Info Posted on Govt Website

Medical history / vaccination info posted publicly !!!

K2
    Its My Life .....!

Kalasin is the Richest Place on Earth, Interior Ministry Site Claims

I will just dump this in here..

What is it with an inability to see when statistics are clearly incorrect ??

BANGKOK — Government databases are being discussed online again since last night. This time, however, rather than leaking personal data or being breached by hackers they were being mocked by netizens for tables and charts showing statistics that simply didn’t make sense.

A 2015 statistics report conducted by the Ministry of Interior’s Information and Communications Technology Center was shared and mocked online Monday night. Netizens were bemused by the potentially false or flawed information, including income figures for households in Thailand that might make many Wall Street bankers look poor by comparison.

According to the figures in the since withdrawn government database, there were over nine billion households in southern Thailand in 2012 before the number dramatically drops to around 920,000 households in 2013 and falls again in 2014 to leave around 580,000 households.

Nearly 3,800 senior citizens in southern Thailand in 2013 skyrocketed to 330 million people in 2014, according to data that was seen on the website last night.

Kalasin province, according to the since removed data, was the richest province in the country — with an average monthly income per household of over 24 million baht (USD685,000).

If true, this statistic would make households in Kalasin more than one thousand times richer than those in Luxembourg which has the highest median household income in the world.
    Even the mocking correction seems off to me ?? 24k baht a month being the largest world average monthly ?? Surely / 100 not / 1000 ??
    Last edited by LivinLOS; 13th April 2016 at 10:11.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Kalasin is the Richest Place on Earth, Interior Ministry Site Claims

I will just dump this in here..

What is it with an inability to see when statistics are clearly incorrect ??

Even the mocking correction seems off to me ?? 24k baht a month being the largest world average monthly ?? Surely / 100 not / 1000 ??
    Doesn't it say 24 million baht?

If true, this statistic would make households in Kalasin more than one thousand times richer than those in Luxembourg which has the highest median household income in the world.

24,000,0000 / 1000 = 24,000

I strongly suspect Luxemburg with the highest median in the world makes more than +- 750 USD a month.
    Waharoa likes this.

It's where all the Generals live tho.
    LivinLOS likes this.