Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Good fake watches still?

Good fake watches still?

My Patek watch I bought about 10 years finally bit the dust.

And I like have a nice copy watch for when I travel. Which is pretty often. I just don't like travelling with either of my 2 nice watches.

Is there any place in BKK that does good fake watches anymote?

Not crazy money.....but don't mind spending a 3-4k baht

Its a lot harder.. As always LOADS of junk but not so easy for more decent.

Theres a woman with a stall round the corner from soi 4 onto Suk (even numbered side) who has tourist junk rolex's but if she understands you want top tier copies sends a runner off for 15 mins. She has some very decent rolex copies, GMT2 with working independant 4th 24h hand, really good working chrono daytonas, etc.. I saw she had some omega etc but didnt look for any dress watches there and its been at least 2 or more years since I saw her.

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Its a lot harder.. As always LOADS of junk but not so easy for more decent.

Theres a woman with a stall round the corner from soi 4 onto Suk (even numbered side) who has tourist junk rolex's but if she understands you want top tier copies sends a runner off for 15 mins. She has some very decent rolex copies, GMT2 with working independant 4th 24h hand, really good working chrono daytonas, etc.. I saw she had some omega etc but didnt look for any dress watches there and its been at least 2 or more years since I saw her.
    I read that Hanoi has some great ones
    I am staying in a small hotel in Old Quarter so I will ask them and check it out.
    They are actual watch shops too.....which I like

Phuket is full of crap, and when I've asked a "vendor" if they have high quality copies available, they just try to sell me a different piece of crap. I don't think they even know that what they have is crap but there ARE better quality replicas out there.

Used to be in BKK that they could be found by asking along the Suk, you could get "pointed" to the higher quality stuff. There are numerous "replica" watch forums on the net, and a Google search will put you there, with discussions about vendors, models, etc, it can all be ordered in.

I'm sure there's still some quality stuff in BKK, but I don't have a current source. Used to be that there were 3 tiers: Crap,won't fool anybody; pretty damn good with all functions; and it'll take a watchmaker, expert, or dealer to detect it. Prices escalate accordingly. I'm not sure 3000B will get you into the second tier anymore, but I do see some pretty good second tier replicas from internet vendors in the US$ 200 range.

Maybe Hanoi… but certainly check in BKK if you'll be there. Also check with some of the mezzanine shops in MBK. Those people will know what you're talking about.
    "They got the metric system over there… they wouldn't know what the fcuk a quarter-pounder is…"

yeah....MBK is the best bet for dealers if you want a mall type experience...but you beter know exactly what make and model you want...exactly how it performs...and what constitutes a good replica before shopping there..prices are all over the joint...expect to pay 3K baht for just about anything there these days...the dealers may well start at prices like 15K though....so know your own price point

There is a shop in there named The Time Project on Level 6 which has been recommended to me a coupe of times...might be a good place to start if you don't know anywhere else...

I have always bought on the lower SUK in the Soi Arab area...sois 3, 5 +7 plus their off shoots...ask about in there with the vendors and you will be soon taken to a friends/family members shop

Its fun...but its a very "time consuming" (forgive the pun) endeavour if you want to buy something worthwhile...most is shite
    Last edited by nelsonone; 31st March 2016 at 16:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Easycpl View Post
    I'm sure there's still some quality stuff in BKK, but I don't have a current source. Used to be that there were 3 tiers: Crap,won't fool anybody; pretty damn good with all functions; and it'll take a watchmaker, expert, or dealer to detect it. Prices escalate accordingly. I'm not sure 3000B will get you into the second tier anymore, but I do see some pretty good second tier replicas from internet vendors in the US$ 200 range.
    4000 - 5000 seemed to be getting into the high end of the B grade..

A grade replicas I hear can be 400 - 500 USD and have a box and papers etc.. Never seen on in the flesh personally.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    yeah....MBK is the best bet for dealers if you want a mall type experience...but you beter know exactly what make and model you want...exactly how it performs...and what constitutes a good replica before shopping there..prices are all over the joint...expect to pay 3K baht for just about anything there these days...the dealers may well start at prices like 15K though....so know your own price point

There is a shop in there named The Time Project on Level 6 which has been recommended to me a coupe of times...might be a good place to start if you don't know anywhere else...

I have always bought on the lower SUK in the Soi Arab area...sois 3, 5 +7 plus their off shoots...ask about in there with the vendors and you will be soon taken to a friends/family members shop

Its fun...but its a very "time consuming" (forgive the pun) endeavour if you want to buy something worthwhile...most is shite
    That is where I bought my last one......lasted me 10 years
    I was gonna see if they are still there

But I am not paying over 100cad for any of them.........rather just wear my real ones if that is the case
    slampay likes this.

with some of the prices on sales for very nice watches these days I'd be going the original route...I have one of these bought for me as a wedding anniversary gift by my ex...I know she paid upward of $1K for it.....going here for under $250

LONGINES MASTER COLLECTION CHRONOGRAPH WHITE DIAL CHRONOGRAPH BROWN LEATHER MEN'S WATCH L26738783 [L26738783] - $239.00 :
    LivinLOS likes this.

Some good prices, I always liked the sport Conquest and might get that one! Have you ever ordered from that site?

with some of the prices on sales for very nice watches these days I'd be going the original route...I have one of these bought for me as a wedding anniversary gift by my ex...I know she paid upward of $1K for it.....going here for under $250

LONGINES MASTER COLLECTION CHRONOGRAPH WHITE DIAL CHRONOGRAPH BROWN LEATHER MEN'S WATCH L26738783 [L26738783] - $239.00 :

^ No Chris...haven't used them before...so can't testify

Funny you say that
    I have my eye on a Longines

There is a Chinese jewelry store in my office building and we believe it is a money laundering situation..........they have changes their concept a few times.......it is now a Longines/TWC store
    And what they ultimately have done after 1-2 years is blow out the inventory.........so waiting on that with this store

^ No Chris...haven't used them before...so can't testify
    Seems almost too good to be true

I think I am going to buy this is a different type of watch...casual but cool looking

https://www.amazon.ca/Tissot-T095449...eywords=tissot

I think I am going to buy this is a different type of watch...casual but cool looking

https://www.amazon.ca/Tissot-T095449...eywords=tissot

That site looks like it might be selling copies , some of the spelling and the general feel of site , makes me distrust it
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

from the home page
    Attached Images Attached Images
    LivinLOS and Robaht like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    That site looks like it might be selling copies , some of the spelling and the general feel of site , makes me distrust it
    I think it is a scam
    But as I said.....just funny he mentioned Longines because I am waiting on the money laundering store to have their going out of business sale.....although I think would still be in the 500-600 range

When I travel to places like Thailand I always just wear a Swatch , perfect for the beach and cheap so no need to worry about losing it

Quote Originally Posted by Robaht View Post
    Some good prices, I always liked the sport Conquest and might get that one! Have you ever ordered from that site?
    Yeah I only have 'sport' rolex types in my legit collection and wouldnt mind a nice dress watch..

Those are really nice prices. So nice.. are they legit..

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    When I travel to places like Thailand I always just wear a Swatch , perfect for the beach and cheap so no need to worry about losing it
    I have a well used GMT II fake.. Really decent fake with the right weight, feel etc.. Used it for years now as a travel watch.

My Yachtie is currently in Rolex London service center.. 6800 something GBP bill on that.. Cheeky pricks !! How can they argue a stainless case and band to that kind of cash ??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast