Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JimCA2

Thread: Pre fab teak houses

Pre fab teak houses

I don't know if anyone has ever seen this tesk houses for sale on highways.
    I say pre-fab but they actually come and take 2-3months to build.

If anyone is familiar with them, are they OK?

My wife bought land in Cha Am behind her aunt's house.
    The thing is.....it really isn't that great of an area and the land is behind her aunt's shack so really no use in building a proper house or anything remotely extravagant but she wants her mom to have a small house there.

We went and looked at these teak houses and they looked pretty damn cool buy wondering if anyone knows more.

Thanks

1 I strongly suspect they are not teak.. Teak costs an absolute insane amount of money these days.. They thai lie and claim mai sak, which teak but also hard wood.. So you will probably be pricing up mai deang or similar for those.

2 heat, not insulated walls becomes badly hot..

3 dust and the like..

For multiple reasons, unless as a decorative choice, I would put in a small modern block construction home..

^ sadly I have to agree....but if I was building for myself i would go teak...cladding only...with proper sealing and insulation and some exposed featured wood internally...but the cost of this would be very expensive compared to what you would get for the same size house in block

There are some small versions of the ones you are talking about just near my house..remind me and I'll show you when you get here...as Sef says..they are as hot as hades and dusty inside..more like a cabin

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    ^ sadly I have to agree....but if I was building for myself i would go teak...cladding only...with proper sealing and insulation and some exposed featured wood internally...but the cost of this would be very expensive compared to what you would get for the same size house in block

There are some small versions of the ones you are talking about just near my house..remind me and I'll show you when you get here...as Sef says..they are as hot as hades and dusty inside..more like a cabin
    That's exactly what it felt like.....a log cabin

But a real log cabin, has thick insulated walls due to logs used..

These tend to become kind of dusty sheds.. Its the often unused upstairs of all those thai style houses you see.. Unused because its hot as an oven..

Not saying they cant be made nice, they can, but its not a cheap easy solution.. Thais are getting really much better at small modern homes with low maintenance materials (insulated flat roofing, polished cement, nice design styles) which I would bet come out cheaper and superior to live in and easier to maintain.. Lots of Thai language design blogs now showcasing this kind of stuff.

here are a couple of links. this came in my fb feed, pre fab and seemed reasonably priced. Probably could be designed to meet your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/EcoMobileHome/

and this was a link off of that page

??????????????? ??????????? ?????????????????
    nelsonone likes this.

and one mo re came in my feed tonight.

H O M E

Quote Originally Posted by JimCA2 View Post
    and one mo re came in my feed tonight.

H O M E
    I would want the container houses, mentioned that to my wife
    She wasn't into it

In the end, I think we may just buy a house in a moo baan and put my MIL in there and give her a MB to go to her sister's when she wants 555
    I just would rather apply the 1-1.5mil to build a house for her to a nicer moo baan house........and we'd have her taken care of it