Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By soupdragon
  • 3 Post By Robaht
  • 1 Post By Robaht

Thread: Donations in Phuket?

Donations in Phuket?

Hi Everyone, so in another thread I talked about moving from Bangkok down to Phuket. I must say, I'm really, really enjoying it!! It's really great, even if I do miss Bangkok I get back there for 3-5 days each month, cool enough. Of course, it hasn't rained since I arrive on Feb. 11th and the weather has been perfect! What's not to like?!!

However, I also downsized from basically 3BR to 1BR. So I have a bunch of little stuff to get rid of: office supplies (from my biz), some books (English mainly), a bunch of electronics I never use like pc speakers, old phones (USA so might not work here), gadgets, cups, glasses, sheets, towels (i'm in a residence setup here)... Does anyone have a better idea than just letting the local garbage collector take it all? Maybe a school could sort through it and decide if anything is worthwhile? I am living in Kalim right near the White Box so I'm not gonna cart it over to the other side of the island, but still could send it in a taxi if a worthy cause.

Cheers! Robaht

There used to be a charity shop place down rawai chalong way.. They sold second hand stuff and used the proceeds for local causes and cases, they were helping some single mum for a long while and seemed legit..

For the right kind of stuff I think they would collect.. If they are still around.

This guy.. but fuck me thats 07 !!

To see or download mini-video of Interview with Tony Pope, Assistant Manager of ‘Thaitanics’ NGO, go to http://www.thaisnews...p?newsid=214187

Our interview is with Tony Pope, Assistant Manager of ‘Thaitanics’ NGO, who runs a Safe Home for abused or underprivileged Thai women & now a fund raising ‘Second Hand’ Shop in Nai Harn, which opens Tuesday/Thursday/Saturdays 11am-3pm but can be contacted for out of hours deliveries or purchases. One of the women, Melisa, mother of 3 baby triplets, 9 months old, were abandoned by their German father, so Tony has just built a ‘Trio Trekker’ for the 3 babies, so their mother can travel around independently. But first he tells us more about Thaitanics: ……..... Contact: Tony.Pope@gmail.com Tel. 089 - 8724450 Shop on west side of road from Rawai to Nai Harn

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    This guy.. but fuck me thats 07 !!
    Ha ha, yeah, thanks! I will try. Also will keep looking and hope someone on here has an idea. I didn't aggressively google yet, and the value isn't that high so probably not a big deal. Always feels weird to throw away stuff in working order though!

I live next to a young Thai family whom I am very sure would be very grateful for some of those items and the opportunity to sell what they can't use.

Just an idea if you want the stuff to go directly to helping someone in need.

P.S. I could collect everything if you feel this is a good idea.
    obes and Robaht like this.

Quote Originally Posted by soupdragon View Post
    I live next to a young Thai family whom I am very sure would be very grateful for some of those items and the opportunity to sell what they can't use.

I'll get the stuff together and send you a pic by PM and you can tell me what you think. Cheers!!
    soupdragon, obes and dawsey like this.

^^^^

Well done lads.Attachment 4626

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    ^^^^

Well done lads.Attachment 4626
    Hear, hear

Books in English

So I had a PM with Bill who is willing to put these at his hotel lobby I guess, but some of these books are even still for sale in airport books shops, etc. So if anyone in Phuket wants some let me know I can set those ones aside and find a way to get them to you (or you can pick up at The Privilege reception here in Kalim) or maybe at Bill's hotel?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    kris-one likes this.

There's a few of those I wouldn't mind picking up, but can't get to Bill's place til June, if they are still there by then, I'll pick thru them and make a cash donation to a local charity of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by soupdragon View Post

Hey Soupdragon, I am trying to send a PM but getting this message :

The following errors occurred with your submission
    soupdragon has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Quote Originally Posted by Robaht View Post
    Hey Soupdragon, I am trying to send a PM but getting this message :

The following errors occurred with your submission
    soupdragon has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
    Yes I saw that. Just cleared my inbox so should be OK to send a message now.