Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: 2016 Trip

Decided on sabai dee for a soapy, place wasnt too busy and a slighly pompui lady caught my eye, she had an unusual look and I always think a little pompui makes for a better soapy. So picked her out and turns out she was a bit more pompui then I was expecting, thought I had picked a dud but paid 2k and off we went. 2400 for the models so cheaper than honey massage. She starts with the usual questions and then tells me she is half russian. Turns out to be a great soapy although the room not as nice as honey nor if you picked one of the sabai dee models. Cooled down nicely so walked back, grabbed a coffee and had dinner with a few if the ladies in the metro bar. Ireland play at two am so I just confirmed I have a late 2pm checkout. Time to pack and head out for my last night in patts for a while. Really enjoyed this trip, time just flew by.
    kris-one and Waharoa like this.

I definitely prefer a "softer" girl for a soapy... bony gals need not apply.

Despite confirming I had a late checkout reception rang at 12 on the dot to remind me checkout is 12pm. Ah tit, anyway once I explained she understood. Fk me what a night, great result for Iceland, great game with Hungary and Portugal, lucky theres a dozen tvs in the metro bar to keep up with all the action. Then Ireland pull off a shock but deserved win against Italy, I have no idea how much I drank but it was a lot, not feeling too bad but I think I will sleep a lot on the bkk leg of the flight. Well after five when I was walking back and two staff from nid bar were still there wonderong why I didn't go there this trip. Well maybe because u piss me off asking for drinks the whole time and doing fk all for them too but I just told them I need aircon to watch football because me old man now 555.

Bag packed and nothing much to do only get to the airport and sleep a bit. Great trip, if I thought this was going to be my last trip to patts for a while I was wrong!
    Waharoa and slimbag like this.

An uneventful journey to the airport with a good driver, etihad are now using the miracle louis tavern lounge instead of Thai airways which was always packed and had lousy food buffet, well this one is even smaller and has a worse buffet. Lucky I am not hungry, plan to eat as soon as the plane takes off and sleep to Abu Dhabi. Airport busy as usual, so glad I am not going economy, the drinking of the past two weeks has caught up with me.
    Steve@thaib likes this.

Sorry I missed this, people keep telling me I should try Etihad instead of Emirates but I'm not so sure. The Emirates lounge at Swampy is really good.

How do they compare price wise?
    Last edited by Steve@thaib; 1st July 2016 at 02:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    Sorry I missed this, people keep telling me I should try Etihad instead of Emirates but I'm not so sure. The Emirates lounge at Swampy is really good.

How do they compare price wise?
    Price wise and service wise they seem quite comparable so it's two things for me. One I've got a lot of airmiles now with Etihad which gets me lounge access even if I go economy and two the flight times at all ends of the trip suit me more with Etihad.

Some Final Thoughts

A week back and the blues aren't too bad, had a really great trip, to me one of the best. A couple of thoughts to finish the report off.

My old "local" in Patts, Nid Bar, Soi Diana is now a shadow of its former self. It's good to have a go to bar in Thailand, one where there's no hassle, you're pretty much assured a good time and you feel your custom is appreciated. Two Tg's were there that knew me and on one of the first nights in Patts I sat at the bar, ordered a drink and she just pointed at a glass and said "Drink for me." No smile, no interaction, no nothing. Two years ago just after the coup I went there one night and spent over 6000 baht which is a hell of a lot of drinks in a beer bar. This sorta made me wonder was it this that led the tg's working there to think that I'm just an LD machine. I'd always bought a few drinks for the ladies at the bar but usually got some fun out of them. Anyway nature abhors a vacuum so roll on the Metro bar in LK. No hassle, aircon, no vendors or beggars and you can hear the english commentary on the matches! Bingo, what could be better? Nice owner and a few nice tg's working there and I also got chatting to a lot of ex-pats which was good fun too.

The Thai memory for faces continues to impress me, a tg in the Tahitian Queen remembered me from last year the minute I walked in to the place, one of the jean stall ladies in Mike remembered what I bought from her last year and when I was leaving I went into a pharmacy which I'm pretty sure I was only in once two years ago and the guy remembered me - Good job I'm not selling drugs, I must have a very memorable face!

Although I visited a few gogo bars this trip for the most part they were poor enough. It shouldn't be the case that when you go into a gogo, all you want to do is just finish your drink and get out. I found myself sitting there wondering why is it like this? The gogo formula should be easy and straight forward but they manage to find ways to continue to fk it up. Guys like beer and T+A and are prepared to spend to get some of both, TG's like the money, play your cards right and everyone's happy. Or at least they ought to be. So I jotted down some thoughts which I think deserves it's own thread as it would be good to stimulate some discussion on the matter. It started it off as penning an open letter to gogo bar owners but then moved onto a sort of voluntary charter for gogo bar owners. Wouldn't it be good if you knew that a gogo was signed up to a code of conduct? Would it make you more likely to go there?

Bit disappointed with Tim's hotel this time, the room was sub-par, just little silly things that should be picked up by routine maintenance checks. For 2000 baht a night I don't want the shower to leak, I want toiletries replaced daily and I don't want tiles to move under my feet. I'm pretty set on LK Metropole for my next trip, same price range but looks a better location for sticking around LK which I tend to do. Having the football on this year did hamper my efforts to find new bars etc but it was usually great fun watching it over there.

All in a great trip, I think my trips are slightly atypical of your regular Patts visitor but as ever up to me!
    Last edited by dontpanic; 1st July 2016 at 03:39.
    Waharoa likes this.

Really enjoyed the thread. Thanks for sharing.
    Get out there in the game, don't sit up in the bleachers. That is the philosophy of pimps and preachers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123