Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Fat Man Dies in Pattaya

Fat Man Dies in Pattaya

sorry...I don't know the guy...and I am always sorry to see anyone die....BUT...people were surprised to hear that this guy had died???...

Pattaya Legend ‘Big Steve’ Dies At 44

Pattaya’s party circuit is in shock today as word circulates that the city has lost a figure who literally was larger than life: Big Steve McCann – bar manager, beer lover and seemingly everyone’s friend – died of kidney failure Saturday. He was 44.
    Secrets bar owner Ben Abrahams, McCann’s last employer, said Big Steve went to the hospital two days earlier feeling ill. He died there of kidney failure.

https://www.stickboybangkok.com/news...steve-dies-44/

anybody friends with him....or know him?
    Last edited by nelsonone; 19th June 2016 at 21:15.

I love when people throw around "legend" when talking about a guy who lived around hookers.

Something tells me he wasn't a "legend" at home.

Quote Originally Posted by marc26 View Post
    I love when people throw around "legend" when talking about a guy who lived around hookers.

What a nasty, judgmental thing to say!
    kris-one, Robaht and MrDK like this.

Fat Man Dies in Pattaya

Yeah man not a nice thing at all. never heard of him but seemed Pattaya was his home. So who cares what he was like anywhere else.
    Last edited by kris-one; 20th June 2016 at 00:21.

Well cos he has passed away at age 44.

Complete waste

Where were all is friends to ask him to slow down....change your lifestyle.

Instead just carry on regardless.

I think he was an ex manager of Secrets, seen him there a few times and he seemed like a decent guy. Not sure that the thread title is overly appropriate.

Yes, he was a manager in Living Dolls for a while too. Lots of good posts by people who knew him. Lifestyle got the better of him and cut his life short.

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    Yeah man not a nice thing at all. never heard of him but seemed Pattaya was his home. So who cares what he was like anywhere else.
    As Nelson says.....you don't want to see anyone die.
    But he did it to himself.......if I took a heater tomorrow because I'm overweight I'd only have myself to blame.
    It's just hard to feel sympathy when someone puts themselves in a grave......again, including myself if it happened

And sorry.....I just shake my head when Pattaya/Phuket guys are described as "legends"
    It's ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Thin White Duke View Post
    Where were all is friends to ask him to slow down....change your lifestyle.

Instead just carry on regardless.
    Because most expats don't have what you would call "real friends" in Thailand
    Most are close acquiescences
    At least ......that is what I have observed

As Nelson says.....you don't want to see anyone die.
    But he did it to himself.......if I took a heater tomorrow because I'm overweight I'd only have myself to blame.
    It's just hard to feel sympathy when someone puts themselves in a grave......again, including myself if it happened

And sorry.....I just shake my head when Pattaya/Phuket guys are described as "legends"
    It's ridiculous
    Why is it ridiculous? He seems very well known and popular on the scene. Who cares if his particular niche is hookers? Good on him if he lived doing something he enjoyed and helping people have fun along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by kris-one View Post
    Who cares if his particular niche is hookers? Good on him if he lived doing something he enjoyed and helping people have fun along the way.
    We have all became "friends" through a guy like that.....
    A little bit harsh to say those things about a guy you dont have a clue about Paulie....

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    .....Not sure that the thread title is overly appropriate.
    well I did mean the thread title to be a little provocative...and mundane at the same time...this is not a rare occurrence in Thailand...people are drinking themselves to death every day here, particularly those who run bars...and its a constant battle to stay out of the bars and off the booze here for many expats

I'm not sitting in judgement on this...god knows I am overweight, hit the bars and drink way too much myself...we all have to make our own choices on the lifestyle we lead as expats in Thailand.....

But its worth a conversation...
    Last edited by nelsonone; 20th June 2016 at 04:19.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    well I did mean the thread title to be a little provocative...and mundane at the same time...this is not a rare occurrence in Thailand...people are drinking themselves to death every day here, particularly those who run bars...and its a constant battle to stay out of the bars and off the booze here for many expats

I'm not sitting in judgement on this...god knows I am overweight, hit the bars and drink way too much myself...we all have to make our own choices on the lifestyle we lead as expats in Thailand.....

But its worth a conversation...
    Sorry......I know you are being politically correct because you are nicer than me but there is no way you can compare yourself in the same category.

I wouldn't say you are even close to unhealthy and I don't think your drinking would ever put you into risk category

I mean, look at your situation with your disease.....you curtailed your drinking because of that

It's ridiculous
    Why ?? It doesnt men a legend with the ladies.. It means he was a proper party guy, always up for a blast, always up for a drink, ready to rock all night and have fun..

Why wouldnt someone with those tastes end up in Pattaya (or vegas, or Amsterdam, or etc depending on preferences) where you can live that life.

K2
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve@thaib View Post
    Not sure that the thread title is overly appropriate.
    Should have been plural? (Sorry for the dark humour).
    Steve@thaib likes this.
    Its My Life .....!

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Why ?? It doesnt men a legend with the ladies.. It means he was a proper party guy, always up for a blast, always up for a drink, ready to rock all night and have fun..

Why wouldnt someone with those tastes end up in Pattaya (or vegas, or Amsterdam, or etc depending on preferences) where you can live that life.
    Dunno what the big deal is. You always get people who pipe up on the correct way to live life.

Seems to me he was some kind of legend in his own small world
    snowy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Geespot View Post
    Dunno what the big deal is. You always get people who pipe up on the correct way to live life.

Seems to me he was some kind of legend in his own small world
    In a make believe world, more like it.

Not actually judging his life or his choices.....by all accounts he seemed to be doing exactly what he wanted and was well liked. Ain't nothing wrong with that. I even applaud it.....we should all aspire to be living how we want.
    And you could probably say he went out on his own terms.....no matter how foolish it seems to others in retrospect

I just shake my head at the "legend" label in that environment, that's all

Drinking yourself to death at age 44 is nothing to applaud. He may well have lived his life as he wished, but if getting drunk is the only way to enjoy yourself it's a pretty sad life IMO. His life and death, up to him.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast