Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Robaht
  • 1 Post By Robaht

Thread: 2 - Day Certain Bar Closure 19-20 July, 2016

2 - Day Certain Bar Closure 19-20 July, 2016

Asalha Puja Day and Wan Khao Phansa (Buddhist Lent Day); 19 July and 20 July are 2 of 4 (maybe 5) annual Buddhist holidays that are certain to be labeled as bar closure days.

In addition there are rumors that 15 July may be alcohol free as well, however, it is quite questionable whether that will actually happen.
    A Google search may provide more info.

4 Days till the 15th ... it will be interesting to learn if this "National No Alcohol Day" will ever mature.
    If you are near a bar area, please post on the 16th

15th is my birthday, so we will be open for sure......That said we never have to close at specific days or times :-)
    Benefits of being on a small island I guess.
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

Quote Originally Posted by geir View Post
    15th is my birthday, so we will be open for sure......That said we never have to close at specific days or times :-)
    Benefits of being on a small island I guess.
    I know this may be a first and I doubt it will happen ... even in the larger areas.
    It was announced though so it deserves a mention.
    We shall soon know

How is the Norwegian life on the little island?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDK View Post
    I know this may be a first and I doubt it will happen ... even in the larger areas.
    It was announced though so it deserves a mention.
    We shall soon know

How is the Norwegian life on the little island?
    Quiet these days, but since most places are closed we are getting pretty much all the trade. Probably making the same money in low season as we did in soi seadragon in Patong.....Not a lot, but it can be anything between 1 and 12 K Baht a day.
    To much rain at the moment though......
    A blowjob is better than no job!!

The Girlie Bars here (Lamai-Samui) were asked to close from midnight last night until midnight tonight....but no dancing or loud music...those on the main drag..Beach Rd and Middle Rd...closed down around 12.30-1.00 am whilst many of those in the backstreets stayed open later....3am-ish...but turned off their music and dimmed their lights around midnight

Word on the street is that many will re-open tonight around 10.30-11 pm...

Meanwhile hotels, restaurants, pubs and bars without P4P girls remain open..serving beers in plain view..this is always the case on Buddha Days here

Here in Phuket I've been told that all the Suzy Wong group have the day off tonight so that must mean most if not everything closed

Not seen anywhere in Patts serving booze. Same tomorrow i guess up to midnight. No doubt you can get a drink somewhere

Pai today

#MotoAsia - Ultimate motorcycle tours

So, time to find a willing girl and stock up on your own booze.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoyed a good drink today at my local beach bar, same planned for tomorrow. Where there's a will.....

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonone View Post
    The Girlie Bars here (Lamai-Samui) were asked to close from midnight last night until midnight tonight....but no dancing or loud music...those on the main drag..Beach Rd and Middle Rd...closed down around 12.30-1.00 am whilst many of those in the backstreets stayed open later....3am-ish...but turned off their music and dimmed their lights around midnight

Word on the street is that many will re-open tonight around 10.30-11 pm...

Meanwhile hotels, restaurants, pubs and bars without P4P girls remain open..serving beers in plain view..this is always the case on Buddha Days here
    Phuket often has been in a different position as nightlife seems to start around 10:30-11:00 PM
    That make a midnight closure the day before a holiday a near wipe of that night unless customers can be lured to come early.
    Conversely opening at or near midnight the day of (the last) closure can be business as (nearly) normal.
    In Bangkok and Pattaya the nightlife starts between 7 and 8 PM which creates a very different picture.

I will be interested to hear comments as to actually open of bars, especially Bangla.

Phuket often has been in a different position as nightlife seems to start around 10:30-11:00 PM
    That make a midnight closure the day before a holiday a near wipe of that night unless customers can be lured to come early.
    Conversely opening at or near midnight the day of (the last) closure can be business as (nearly) normal.
    In Bangkok and Pattaya the nightlife starts between 7 and 8 PM which creates a very different picture.

I will be interested to hear comments as to actually open of bars, especially Bangla.
    I expect they will open bars. From talking to the Suzy Wong girls they had last night (19th) off and tonight working as normal ... but only that soft drinks til about 10:30-11:00 pm then probably safe to start serving!! That is also how it worked for one of the previous no alcohol days.
    MrDK likes this.

Any first hand observations as to when bars were allowed open and serve alcohol last night, Bangla in particular, any district is of interest
    Midnight?
    Before?

Less of a crowd than normal but everything was open when I arrived out at 12:15am. I see they have gutted the Red Hot (ex Margarita bar) on Rat-u-tit/Bangla but just noticed as driving by. Suzy's all opened as normal, I heard second-hand that 10pm was the relax time for bars to start serving, but I wasn't there until after midnight as I say - didn't look like things had "just started".

Thanks for your feedback.
    If 10PM indeed was the time alcohol could be served it would hardly have affected typical Phuket nightlife.
    This would not be a first for Phuket, I have several recording of 10PM, however, under the current government a bit surprising.

Thanks for your feedback.
    If 10PM indeed was the time alcohol could be served it would hardly have affected typical Phuket nightlife.
    This would not be a first for Phuket, I have several recording of 10PM, however, under the current government a bit surprising.
    Perhaps it was for indoor places, I will ask about Soi Freedom sometime. Cheers, Chris
    MrDK likes this.