cr. Alex
    #MotoAsia - Ultimate motorcycle tours

Photo above looks like bintabat..

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Photo above looks like bintabat..
    it is , read it in another report
    'If it floats, flies or fcuks , it's cheaper to rent"

So anyone going to look at the betting odds on the religion of the bombers ??

Wonder of we are talking about that religion of peace which has nothing to do with it, all over again.

So anyone going to look at the betting odds on the religion of the bombers ??

Wonder of we are talking about that religion of peace which has nothing to do with it, all over again.
    if it is the separatists , this has been going on for decades , not really about spreading Islam , more about self determination ....

Quote Originally Posted by Stillearly View Post
    if it is the separatists , this has been going on for decades , not really about spreading Islam , more about self destruction ....
    Fixed - self implosion is another term could be coined - If it is internal !

So anyone going to look at the betting odds on the religion of the bombers ??.
    Religion wasn't my first thought.

Considering what happened here on the 7th I was thinking colours.

Johnathan Head tweeting about more explosions in various locations.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

K2
    ^ Thai media not very good at math it appears - Hua Hin bombing not getting much coverage on main media (not unsurprisingly).
    Its My Life .....!

Definitely seemed a lot of BiB around this morning in HH ended up just turning round and going back home......some of that is it being the queens birthday with so many going to temple in front of bintabaht but I guess mainly due to last night

Dont usually like quoting the missus or worse still her besty (not the most reliable sources) but she just had a call saying more bombs in Patong today ?!?!?

K2
    Its My Life .....!

Quite lucky this didnt explode in hindsight as was in this area at exactly this time.

Getting a bit ridiculous now....had also planned to go to Tesco at Market Village and some kind of arson attempt there too!...time to batten down the hatches for the day

Our online reporters now say explosive ordnance disposal (EOD) officiers were able to destroy the third bomb found planted on a motorcycle parked in nearby Wat Hua Hin about 10am.

However, reports via twitter, say yet another bomb has been discovered outside the local railway station.
    More bombs in Hua Hin, elsewhere | Bangkok Post: learning

Oooooooops

Overseas security experts are now linking the recent bomb attacks in Thailand to last weekend’s referendum on the Thai military government’s new constitution.

In the last few minutes Associated Press have changed their report to include;
    ‘It was not clear who was behind the attacks. But the timing suggested it could have been carried out by opponents of the nation’s ruling junta, whose leadership last weekend organized a successful referendum on new constitution that critics say will bolster the military’s power for years to come.’

Social media users are, this morning, beginning to draw the same conclusions. If true then there could be a significant response from the Thai military, which may have serious consequences.

I was having coffee on my balcony in Patong Tower when the police box bomb went off this morning, about 250-300 meters away, and direct line of sight. It wasn't a vey big explosion, and sounded like an electrical transformer blowing, rather than something major. In fact, I was expecting the power to go out, as it did yesterday or the day before after a similar "Bang". Turns out it was a pipe bomb on a timer, small stuff. No significant damage to the police box there. Beach road and Bangla blocked off and no traffic allowed. Another pipe bomb went off just to the North at the beach Road Park, and another was found and defused by EOD near the entrance to the Ban Thai resort about 200 meters to the south of us.

Just another day in paradise, nothing to see here, move along, move along. My biggest concern is that it's bad for business as it was the first time I've ever seen Patong labeled on a world map in the BBC broadcast reports. Things are pretty slow here already.
    TLandHim likes this.
    "They got the metric system over there… they wouldn't know what the fcuk a quarter-pounder is…"

Quote Originally Posted by soupdragon View Post
    Oooooooops
    The reason I said 'odds' is we wont know for a while if at all..

If you look at the geographic distribution, all peninsula south of bangkok, and the type of bomb / detonation, it still has the hallmarks of how insurgents in the south do it... Of course its easy to imagine those insurgents encouraged or induced into expansion..

Despite the ramping up, its still seeming more warning than killing (yes people have died) given how many areas are so much more populated at times.. Leave a bag in tiger at 12:30 and its going to be more like the sari club in Bali than the current outcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Easycpl View Post
    I was having coffee on my balcony in Patong Tower when the police box bomb went off this morning, about 250-300 meters away, and direct line of sight. It wasn't a vey big explosion, and sounded like an electrical transformer blowing, rather than something major. In fact, I was expecting the power to go out, as it did yesterday or the day before after a similar "Bang". Turns out it was a pipe bomb on a timer, small stuff. No significant damage to the police box there. Beach road and Bangla blocked off and no traffic allowed. Another pipe bomb went off just to the North at the beach Road Park, and another was found and defused by EOD near the entrance to the Ban Thai resort about 200 meters to the south of us.

Just another day in paradise, nothing to see here, move along, move along. My biggest concern is that it's bad for business as it was the first time I've ever seen Patong labeled on a world map in the BBC broadcast reports. Things are pretty slow here already.
    Thanks for that,
    using the media to try and work out whether it was a major attack or a continuation of the type of stuff that has been going on in the South is a bit difficult.
    Glad that there were so few casualties. Loma Park and the Police Box is on our morning walk route.

You wouldn't want to be any closer than you are. Stay safe.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast