Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Over / Under on how long this lasts ??

Over / Under on how long this lasts ??

Phuket crackdown sees Patong?s Bangla bars shutter early

Accordingly, all bars and clubs within the designated “entertainment zone” in Phuket top party town closed at 1am, while those outside the zone were ordered to close at midnight.
    How Chiang Mai has been treated ever since the coup.. There are some hidden spots and the clubs get an hour extra past midnight but it has killed off the little vibrancy that was here before and I dont see it coming back.

Phuket I cant see it lasting a week.

yea, its been popping up a lot of music/dance clubs in Bangla that start their core business after midnight with this rules its a dead end
    Nobody is a social drinker. Everybody drinks to get drunk. I mean, nobody drinks 10 pints of coke in a night

Left just in time (25th)

Seriously though, this is just asinine.

So the wall of 8-10 Ping Pong show touts across the width of Bangla Rd are just going to fade away and all the bars shut up business at the best time of the night for them? Doubt it.

What I cannot understand is how these officials do not realise how ridiculous they look?
    It seems a very Thai thing

Of course its crazy.. But I have seen them kill Chiang Mais nightlife and night time economy like this for the last 3 years..

I didnt think they could do it here.. I didnt think it would last.. I didnt think they would accept so many knock on services (late night noodle stalls and food on all the cities roads.. all gone) being crushed..

And yet they did.. Some of our biggest bars and clubs like Monkey have just gone.. The all night food places which used to be humming with people at 5am, gone.. Etc etc etc..

Quote Originally Posted by LivinLOS View Post
    Of course its crazy.. But I have seen them kill Chiang Mais nightlife and night time economy like this for the last 3 years..

I didnt think they could do it here.. I didnt think it would last.. I didnt think they would accept so many knock on services (late night noodle stalls and food on all the cities roads.. all gone) being crushed..

And yet they did.. Some of our biggest bars and clubs like Monkey have just gone.. The all night food places which used to be humming with people at 5am, gone.. Etc etc etc..
    I didn't want to hear that
    I know, I've read all the posts & articles about Chang Mai but felt it will never happen in Patong but I have seen so much craziness you have me worried.

Where the heck is the upside?

In reality, Patong and all the beaches in Phuket are pretty ho hum. Not a patch on Queensland, New Zealand, Jamaica or a raft of other countries. Better than the Greek Islands but even there they have beach chairs, umbrella's and food.

Still ongoing and expected to continue tonight.

I read the same on Gazette pieces daily..

Someones holding out for a very fat envelope

Quote of the day :5555555555

“But we must work with the Phuket Provincial Office (Governor’s Office). In Phuket, it is necessary for our work to be integrated; we must to work in co-ordination with others, but it must not conflict with orders from my superior officers - See more at: Pai rape of British tourist sparks bar closing time crackdown in Phuket
    Nobody is a social drinker. Everybody drinks to get drunk. I mean, nobody drinks 10 pints of coke in a night

That rape was a year and a half ago tho...

But Pai is not so far from Phuket, only 2-3 days by car.

Maybee they think about this one ? but want mention the word G..

Patong Police investigate reports of gay British couple raped and robbed | Coconuts Bangkok

Closed 1am again tonight.

If this is the new "normal" then places are starting to adapt. A few late night places will surely die, but really there is no way to protest or give feedback, it is what it is, people are going out earlier it seems. Suzy Wong(s) those of the 240 baht lady drinks and 30k salary per dancer/mo are surely the first places to fall, some spots like Illuzion and Tiger Disco gonna feel the heat. Just my opinion, no big data on it. Shake up, no way to know who they want to win, but I'm sure if you could follow the money you would know....(I have no clue)....

Would gogos suffer so much ?? I would have thought the pinch point was the clubs, the bars and gogos would see punters come out earlier..

Sure they lose some trade, but would have thought thier biz model more moveable.

As gogo Rock Hard is losing since Larry rented it to Jeffrey.
    Nearly no people in Rock Hard. Maybe also as they cut down on staff, serving staff as well as dancing staff.
    By the way, heard that Larry died a few months ago in a motorbike accident in California. Extra problem is, they can't find his las will, they have a copy, but not the original.

Closed at 2am on Thursday night in anticipation of the midnight closure tonight (Friday) and the closure on Saturday (Buddha day). Not sure it will change anytime soon.

In a total disbelief type of event, the Kee hotel is where a lot of people park and they chose tonight at 11:30pm (before 12am closure) to engulf it in mosquito/insect gas!! It was pouring out of the parking garage (the whole last half of Soi Seadragon feeling the impact) and I really thought there was a car fire or hotel fire! -- couldn't go inside until about 12:20am -- and even that felt a bit unsafe due to all the smoke remaining inside. I mean, they could have just waited until 12:45am or during the day tomorrow when it is closed, instead they chose the time everyone was returning to motorbikes, cars to go home! Really not as surprising as it should be. Amazing Thailand!!

Jeeze they are just not tottaly aligned in the upper deck sometimes, zyclon B next

Phuket Governor petitions PM Prayut to allow Patong nightlife to close at 4am

Have to say I am stunned if this is still really closing bars at midnight and clubs at 1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast